Cbox
Chat
UPDATES
Did you know?
Charming has a number of lonely plots looking for love. Why not take a gander and see what hijinks your character can get up to? — Kayte ( Submit your own)
Featured Adoptable

A Governess for Leo Lupin.
The most pitied woman in all of Britain. Possibly all the world. He's awful.
"I'll bleed wherever I damn well please!" She shouted, scowling at him. As if to prove it, she uncovered her nose and shook her head back and forth like a dog attempting to dry its fur of water. Little droplets of blood rained on the sidewalk all willy-nilly. Billie Farrow in A Good Dusting
— Nominate a quote —
Featured Stamp
Participate in summer's Camp Charming!
>
<

Hello, It's Me Again
Private 
April 18th, 1890 — Music Club's classroom

The last time that Meta had come to a music club meeting had been before the Christmas holidays. She had begun the year well and had come to all of the meetings, until some point in November. A friend had offered a more entertaining way to spend that afternoon (which had gotten them detention) and then, having missed that meeting, Meta didn't feel like going to the other meetings.

She didn't have anything to do that afternoon and she was passing by the classroom where the meetings were held. She overheard music and she peeked through the door to see what was going on. At some point, they finished playing the song which had lured Meta to the classroom and there was talk about who would sing the next piece.

"Miss Fawley!" Meta said and finally entered properly in the room. "You think I could handle that song?" She spoke as though she hadn't missed four months' worth of club meetings.

@Cordelia Fawley

[Image: meta.png]
LIT set by MJ!
In this room, Cora felt entirely at peace with herself. With her condition, all the music that filled the room provided for the most vibrant explosion of color. At least most of the time. At this point, their main singer had a bit more.....enthusiasm than what the song called for, and Cora pointed out exactly how many notes she'd been off on. Really, it wasn't that hard to carry a tune, was it? She sighed, her hand moving to pinch the bridge of her nose in frustration when her vision was assaulted with a vibrant yellow and a sour taste filled the back of her tongue.

She hadn't experienced that combination of senses in a while. There was really only one person who could trigger that reaction in her senses. Cora turned to see the abnormally tall third year standing at the door. "Ahh, Miss Lestrange," She said, half amused, half annoyed. "Finally deigned to grace us with your presence this semester."

[Image: 3RHBxf.png]
magical sass brought to you by Stef! <3
Cordelia Fawley didn't run to hug her in welcome, but she didn't tell her to leave, either. This was good. Maybe it had to do with the previous singer's poor abilities. Meta was lazy and undisciplined but she had talent, for sure. Everyone kept telling her how many amazing things she could do if she put in the necessary effort.

"I had a sore throat," Meta replied with a sheepish smile. "But I'm here now." She headed to the stand where the songs' sheets were placed upon. "Ah, 'Helena's Gone'! You liked that song, didn't you, Miss Cordelia? I could sing it!"

It's totally a song about Helena Ravenclaw, lol

LIT set by MJ!
Cordelia raised her eyebrows slightly as Miss Lestrange came in; they shot up even more at the excuse she gave. A likely story, seeing as she doubted someone as boisterous as Miss Lestrange would be sick for that long and still manage to cause as much trouble as she did.

"Oh we wouldn't want to impose, Miss Lestrange," Cora said, moving over to look at the sheet music on the stand. "What with that long period of your illness, we wouldn't want you to strain your voice."

"It'd be good for me to start using it again. Like exercise," Meta replied. It was obvious that Cora Fawley didn't want her to sing. Meta kind of expected that. She knew how demanding she was of the rest of the members. She wouldn't just accept someone not showing up for months and then allow them to return and sing as though nothing had happened.

Still, Meta was bored and there was no harm in trying. She thought that Cora Fawley liked her, when Meta didn't get under her skin.

LIT set by MJ!
Cora stood at the podium next to Miss Lestrange, looking down her and contemplating. Her lips were slightly pursed as she thought through her options - there weren't really any downsides to letting Miss Lestrange sing other than the fact that the next time she got bored with Music Club, she would vanish for the unforseeable future. Perhaps this time would stick.

"Alright, Miss Lestrange," she said, a small smile replacing the pensive expression on her face as she stepped aside. "Why don't you sing the first 16 bars and we can see where your voice is at?"

Finally, Meta convinced Cordelia Fawley to let her sing. She would have to agree at some point, the other girl had been terrible.

"Thank you, Miss Fawley! I really appreciate that you are letting me pursue my passion!" She was kind of trolling, of course, because this was Meta. Before Cora Fawley could change her mind, Meta began to sing the song.

LIT set by MJ!
It was really all Cora could do to not roll her eyes at Miss Lestrange, and so she employed all the ettiquette training in her to summon a placid smile instead. Really, this girl was quite ridiculous! The minute she started singing though, Cora's vision exploded in color and patterns. Having dealt with this condition for long enough, she might have merely looked like she was entranced with Meta's singing. In reality, she was watching swirls of color hopping about from place to place as Meta executed the song with nearly perfect pitch.

Once finished, Cora was smiling. "A wonderful rendition, Miss Lestrange," she said, her voice void of any sarcasm. "Are we to count on you to help us with our upcoming school performance?" She said, knowing her hope that the answer was yes was a genuine gamble.

Meta had been told since she was a child that she had a lovely singing voice. Her mother would often make her sing for her guests. Sometimes Meta liked doing that because she liked receiving praise and other times she was against it simply because she was told to do it.

In this instance, she had been lucky that the song had been fairly simple, so someone with talent could execute it well. Something more complex would demand practice from Meta, which she wasn't willing to do.

Without thinking much, Meta said: "Sure!" Meta liked being on stage, really. The prospect of singing in front of people was the only one that made practicing music appealing to Meta. Perhaps she would one day run away to become a singer. "When's that?"

LIT set by MJ!