Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

Hogwarts Rumor Mill
    "Tamsin Skeeter, the clever cat, managed to get caught under the mistletoe with Lord John Humphrey-Mavis. I bet she stood there for HOURS waiting to catch him!"
    "I heard that Mister Clayton Ross and Miss Elisabeth McKnight got stuck under the mistletoe together shortly before the holidays and have detested each other since. I lay witness to them passing each other in the Great Hall and I swear, if looks could kill!"
    "Did you hear? Kenneth Bingham, the brother of Hufflepuff prefect Andrew Bingham, was rushed to the Hospital Wing after he drank something that smelled awful at dinner! Do you think there will be some sort of investigation?"
    Did you see Professor Skeeter wandering around High Street with a potted daisy? Last I saw he was headed into Denbright's with it, I wonder who it was for!
    @Mason Skeeter
    "I heard that Kenneth Bingham died last night in the Hospital Wing. My friend told me that his brother, Andrew Bingham, might be leaving school because of it! That drink must have been poisoned. Do you think this was an accident, or what it murder?"
    Did you hear? Tristan Michaud fancies Elisabeth McKnight. No wonder he partners up with her in classes despite the danger she is with a wand!
    "Have you seen everything Peeves has been writing around the castle? I don't know quite how much of it is made-up, to be honest!"
    "Cecily Gallivan would have never made the Cannons' junior team hadn't it been for her father. She has no talent and she looks like a mountain troll."
    "Oh my, did you see Miss Cadwallader tell off Alfalfa Tinker and Caiomhe Keating for trying to kiss in the Hufflepuff Common Room? Why on Earth they tried to do it somewhere so public I don't know!"
    @Alfalfa Tinker
    @Caoimhe Keating
    "Professor Ellesborough seemed to have a massive shock at breakfast this morning! I've never seen him look so pale- perhaps someone sent him an over-familiar Valentine?!"
    @James Ellesborough
    "Did you see? While Professor Keene was dancing with that fourth year, Miss Flack, she fainted! Fainted! Perhaps she got a bit too excited."
    @Jane Flack
    @Barrett Keene
    "You know how there were so many girls fainting on Valentines Day? It seems boys were too! I heard that Tristan Michaud had to carry Fred Harrington to the hospital wing because he had fainted during the ball!"
    @Tristan Michaud
    @Fred Harrington
    "Miss Wintemute's chaperon was beside herself durinig the Hogsmeade visit; apparently the Ravenclaw managed to sneak away, and no one knows where she went!"
    @Farrah Wintemute
    "Apparently H. Echelon called Professor Carmichael a bad seer in Divination last week! That was sort of disrespectful of him, don't you think? Professor Carmichael didn't even really respond."
    @Heinrich Echelon
    @Elliot Carmichael
    "Tristan Michaud and Hector Prince locked the door to the boys' bathroom the other day! They must have been up to something weird, and I heard that Professor Keene is furious!"

@Tristan Michaud
    @Hector Prince
    "I overheard Mr. Michaud complaining about how he is too young to attend the upcoming Coming Out Ball. He said he'd give his final dance to Miss McKnight. He sounded so terribly fond of her! Isn't it all just so terribly romantic?"
    @Tristan Michaud
    @Elisabeth McKnight

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      The Rumor Mill Rumor Mill 25 3,971 01-07-2018, 03:58 PM
    Last Post: Rumor Mill
      The [OLD] Rumor Mill Guest 173 62,179 06-22-2017, 02:41 PM
    Last Post: Rumor Mill
      Hogwarts Bans Halfbreeds Daily Prophet 0 614 05-30-2017, 01:45 PM
    Last Post: Daily Prophet