Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

Hogwarts Rumor Mill
    I hear Mr. Rabnott and Mr. Parkinson cost Ravenclaw thirty points...each! They were drinking alcohol in the common room, and Professor Rutledge was furious! I daresay some of their housemates might be too....
    Miss Prince isn't wearing her prefect's badge anymore, and I saw her go into the regular bathroom the other day. I wonder what could have happened?
    "Professor Carmichael looked positively horrified when he read the article on his uncle's campaign! I never thought I'd see him so red, who knew a grown man could flush like that?"
    "I heard that Cash Lestrange is going to play professional Quidditch!"
    "Have you seen? Nigel Yaxley is a prefect! I can't believe that they let a bastard be a prefect. Surely somebody - anybody - would have been better than him!"
    "Did you see Professor Ellesborough- you know, the new music teacher- at the welcome feast? No wonder after those rumours about him and that veela the other month!"
    "Professor Sleptov is just so handsome - I wish he had never remarried!"
    "Did you hear about what happened in the first year DADA class? Those Hyslop girls practically threw a fit at the thought of working with other people! They are so creepy, I'm glad I don't sleep in their dorm room!"
    "Andren Lovegood received a mysterious howler yesterday at breakfast! It mentioned his dead sister, was quite crass about her, even."
    "There was a piece of parchment with awfully girly handwriting on Professor Carmichael's desk yesterday afternoon! Girlier than his regular handwriting, even!"
    “Is it just me or does Casimir Goyle — you know the Hufflepuff prefect — look like a first year? You do not suppose he has an endless supply of youthfulness potion somewhere?!”
    “No wonder Kenton Gallivan got on the team. His cousin is the captain!”
    "I knew I was right not to bother trying out for our team! Of course Macnair would pick all his relatives and friends! He's the worst that could happen to Slytherin's team!"
    "Did you see Professors Skeeter and Carmichael, they were looking at the new issue of Witch Weekly looking positively mortified!"
    "Did you hear? Ellory Pendergast — you know, the Head Girl — was turned into a llama!"
    "I heard Professor Prewett has gone missing, she's not turned up to any of her classes today! Maybe the giant squid ate her."

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      The Rumor Mill Rumor Mill 25 3,971 01-07-2018, 03:58 PM
    Last Post: Rumor Mill
      The [OLD] Rumor Mill Guest 173 62,180 06-22-2017, 02:41 PM
    Last Post: Rumor Mill
      Hogwarts Bans Halfbreeds Daily Prophet 0 614 05-30-2017, 01:45 PM
    Last Post: Daily Prophet