Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Private
The Gold in Our Hearts
If he wanted to talk about his horse more, he sure didn't linger too much on the subject. Amelia thought it odd, but she contented herself with making sure each animal got fed as she mulled over her answer. "Well, I first started working at the Beautiful Beast Boutique." She said, referring to the little animal shop on High Street.

"I loved animals so much and one of my best friends — Miss Eavan McKay — well she worked here already. I liked helping so much that I eventually took on an apprenticeship." She liked the work that it provided her; the daily routine was much more preferable over the life of a lower-class debutante that had awaited her when she first exited Hogwarts.

[Image: gvM7opq.png]
It made perfect sense that Miss Evans would work with animals — why, when they'd first met she'd been positively surrounded by animals, and had even helped him find his own. "It's wonderful that you discovered what you wanted to do, and then actually went out and did it", Bragi said warmly, feeding treats absent-mindedly to the little horsies.

"I've... I've been interviewing for a job at the Ministry", he divulged, a spark of excitement but apprehension in his tone. Bragi hadn't told many of his friends that he'd decided he wanted to work for Ministry; a little part of him expected someone to laugh that a Dane would feel suited to working in British government.

[Image: bragi-sig.jpg]
She beamed at him. There was something about her new friend that made her feel very comfortable around him; though she didn't feel any other type of attraction towards him, she felt that he was being extremely genuine.

His support prompted her to feel a surge of warmth and excitement when he declared his intention to find a job at the Ministry. "The ministry!" she exclaimed, clasping her hands together. The small animals below her immediately started sniffing for more treats. "How exciting for you, what department are you hoping to get into?"

Bragi watched Miss Evans a little uncertainly, wondering if his enthusiasm about the Ministry was a peculiarity rather than a common thing. And to her, an office job must seem ever so boring. But he was happy to see that she was delighted for him.

"International Magical Co-operation", he replied brightly. "They have an internship there that sounds fascinating. I'll learn all about the links and relationships between foreign Ministries and how we operate as one big global wizarding community. If I get the job, that is", he added modestly.

The International MAgical Co-Operation! Perhaps if he got the position Mr. Holm would run into Konst — Mr. Fisk at some point. Not wanting to be one to flaunt any sort of connection, Amelia was content to merely listen to Mr. Holm's description of the position.

The horses, however, were decidedly losing interest, as Amelia had few treats left to give. "I have no doubt that you will get the position, Mr. Holm." she assured him kindly as she brushed her hands off on her apron. Pointing her wand towards the barn, the sound of the inner paddock swinging open signaled to the animals it was time to turn in. Knowing that this meant more food, they all immediately turned and started making their way towards the barn for the night.

"That's them sorted, now onto the birds —" she murmured to herself before turning her attention back to her friend — and by extension, the topic at hand. "And besides, you are international, technically speaking. Your language skills would likely be valued, would they not?" she continued as she led him out of the enclosure.

OOC: Shall we fade out? :)

Bragi gave the last of his treats to one of the little horses, then managed to ruffle its mane before it tottered off. He watched them with a smile, then turned that smile to Amelia once more, bashful but grateful at her confidence in him. "I suppose, yes — I am international, for all intents and purposes. Though it does feel almost like cheating", he joked; for Amelia would be quite as much of a novelty in Denmark as he was in Britain.

He perked up as he heard her mention the next animals on her agenda: birds! And knowing this place, said birds would not be anything as ordinary as pigeons and crows. "I, erm, think I'd better hang back for the bird feeding so I can keep an eye on Marian", Bragi said as they left the enclosure. "But I'd love to watch."

Yes, he wasn't so sure Marian would be as well-behaved around the birds as she was around the horses. After all, the cat liked birds... in the most devastating sense of the word.

The following 1 user Likes Bragi Holm's post:
   Amelia Evans

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Adrienne Lestrange
March 31, 2021 – 8:54 PM
Last Post by Leila Scott
March 12, 2021 – 3:47 PM
Last Post by Alice Dawson
November 8, 2020 – 5:10 AM
Last Post by Roberto Devine