Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Private
Friends in Low Places
"Alright." Jo shot back and threw her hands up in surrender. Had the curse already leached onto Zelda and that's what caused this dark mood? Or was the connection to Captain Darrow more intense than Jo believed? "Offer stands if you decide you need it later." She said before draining her beer glass. Zelda was obviously exhausted and Jo wasn't sure was the best company for her former friend. "I'll be off, then. You know where to find me."

She should just let it go; Jo was clearly giving her an exit. Zelda sighed and finished her own beer. "Just because Darrow is annoyed doesn't mean he's right," she said, because that was the only defense she had. These things could take time and sometimes that was inconvenient to people - sometimes it event meant that people had to be furloughed. At least they weren't actively endangering their safety.

The following 1 user Likes Zelda Darrow's post:
   Ophelia Devine

[Image: xXXD462.png]
AMAZING set by MJ
Jo furrowed her brows. How had they gotten back onto the subject of Captain Darrow? "Zelda, I was offering to help you because you seem to be hitting the wall. Not because of any loyalties to Captain Darrow." Jo liked him, but he hadn't been her friend for as long as Zelda. "I've always hated the workings of the ministry, that isn't new."

"Jo, I'm part of the Ministry," Zelda said, "You might not like the organization, and I might not always agree with it, but that doesn't change - sometimes these things take time." This was, of course, what she wanted to say to Alfred himself - but he wasn't here, and unfortunately Jo was the only target for her ire.

AMAZING set by MJ
Jo scoffed and rolled her eyes. Figured Zelda would maintain her ministry position. Not to mention Zelda was still wildly missing the point. "Take time? Now what are you on about? Jesus Christ." Where was her beer when she needed it? Or.something stronger. "All I was trying to offer was a fresh perspective from a professional cursebreaker. Not me, obviously. But you don't need help, so we should leave it at that."

"I'm saying that with these spells you can't always just - blow them up and call it a day," Zelda said. "And I know that cursebreakers could offer a fresh perspective, but - whatever. It doesn't matter." She didn't want help; at least partially because she knew that most professional help would tell her to give up on the boat, which wasn't even worth that much. But it was Alfred's. So.

AMAZING set by MJ
"Who said anything about blowing things up?" Was that what the ministry had planned for Alfred'a ship? The ministry had delayed endlessly before Zelda took over (at least from what Jo understood). Had they been looking for an excuse to throw in the towel on the ship? Did Alfred know?!

Jo tapped her fingers anxiously on her empty beer glass. Zelda was already in a mood and being badgered by her wasn't going to help matters. "As I said. The offer stands if you later find you want help." She said with a shrug.

She had definitely said too much. It didn't matter. If Alfred was talking to Jo about her then he was talking to Jo about her, and - that was fine. It was definitely fine.

"Sure," she said, "I'll let you know."

AMAZING set by MJ
"Alright." Jo wasn't unfamiliar with Zelda's stubbornness. All throughout school the younger woman had proven that again and again. There was no reasoning with her in such a state. "I'm going to head home. I'll see you again soon, yeah?"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Sadie Sinclair
August 22, 2020 – 4:33 PM
Last Post by Ruby Urquart
April 29, 2020 – 9:34 AM
Last Post by Sun Smith
February 9, 2020 – 5:40 PM
View a Printable Version