Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

See Inside
Dear Artistic In Nature
February 21, 1890
Dear Artistic in Nature,

I was sent your ad in Witch Weekly by a friend for they thought that we might be reasonably well matched. I am also of artistic nature, in fact, it is a major part of my profession. I like to think of myself as a kind man and people have described me as such.

I am also very open minded when it comes to blood status. I don't believe ones blood purity says anything at all about who they are as a person. I will confess - I am not quite at a socially acceptable age to marry for I am only 22 years of age but I am comfortable enough financially that I did not think it untoward for me to respond to your ad - especially if we should get on quite well.

Sincerely,
Artistic As Well

Witch Weekly

set by bree
Miss Acacia Ruskin,

Witch Weekly is pleased to inform you that your recent submission to our Lonely Hearts article has generated a response. Witch Weekly is devoted to providing help to all of our readers, no matter what their social disadvantages, and we are delighted to provide this service to the lovelorn in our magical community. We hope that you will be able to create a happy ending with our help, instead of being doomed to a tragically lonely life.

Please see the enclosed letter and advise us whether you will need your advertisement repeated in further issues of our magazine.
Y. Ventus
Editor in Chief
Witch Weekly

@"Acacia Ruskin"

Get Featured in Witch Weekly! | Submit an article!
PMs on this account will not be checked.
Please contact a member of the Wench team for more information:
MJ | Lynn | Olive | Kit | Dante

February 25, 1890
Dear Artistic as Well,
Might I ask what your profession is? While I would love to take art as my own profession, I also wish to actively help others in a more direct way. I hope to be a healer, if the hospital finds me suitable for the job. I do hope that you would not be discouraged if I did choose to carry on with my career. Saving lives has been important to me for some time.

To be honest, I do hope for a match that would be both suitable and one where I may care for whomever I do spend my life with. My mother and father had a loving marriage, for a time. I don't think my father would have made different choices in his life even if he could.

From,
Miss Artistic in Nature

note that she will be completely freaking out after she sends this and thinking that she was too forward

Magic by Elaine!

February 27, 1890
Dear Artistic in Nature,

I instruct young minds in art. I attended art school shortly after finishing my Hogwarts education and lived life as an artist before falling into this role. I found it to be quite fulfilling. The same can be said about being a healer, I feel. I do not personally disparage a woman working as I feel it is perfectly within her rights to do so if she so desires. How can one be against someone saving lives?

I am hoping for the same and if possible, perhaps even love. My parents married for love and faced many obstacles but I don't think they would change anything if they were ever able to as well. Some things are worth facing anything for, I suppose is what I'm trying to say.

Sincerely,
Artistic As Well

set by bree
February 28, 1890
Dear Artistic as Well,
Thank you. Many men would not have such an open mind on the matter. It's admirable. I do plan to continue with my art even if I do succeed in a career as a healer. What I will do with my art is something that I have not figured out.

My parents match was met with plenty of challenges. I suppose that in the end, it became too much for my mother to handle. Most of my life has been spent being raised by my father. It has lead me to take on a more maternal role with my younger siblings.

From,
Miss Artistic in Nature

Magic by Elaine!

March 5th, 1890
Dear Artistic in Nature,

Everyone deserves to have a hobby that they enjoy even if they choose not to pursue the hobby in a more professional manner. I am sure there are many things that you could do with your art. Depending on your situation, you could have a room in your home serve as an art gallery of sorts or you could sell to an art collector.

I hope you will not find offense in the fact that I mourn for the fact you sound like you have not had a chance to be a young one yourself! I like to think that I would be able to stand against obstacles in my way when it comes to love but we can never really know what we would do until we are in the situation ourselves.

Now, pray tell me, did you experience any oddities with this time ruckus caused by the man in Florida?

Sincerely,
Artistic As Well

set by bree
March 8, 1890
Dear Artistic as Well,
Some of my art is sent off as gifts to friends and loved ones, while others are either placed around my home or stored away for safe keeping. Perhaps one day I will sell some of my work, but that's not why I paint. I'm not even sure if a gallery would be interested in my art.

I never wished to bring any added stress to my father. Though I wish that things could have been far more simple in my life, I am glad to have been of some help whenever my father needed an extra hand. And I would rather mourn my own lost childhood and let my siblings keep theirs until the time has come for them to grow up.

Well, there was a rather shocking change among my siblings. I would rather not get into it, the situation is rather odd as is.

From,
Miss Artistic in Nature

Magic by Elaine!

March 10th, 1890
Dear Artistic in Nature,

Do not sell yourself short! Confidence is a virtue, especially when it comes to ones passions. And always try to keep in mind that if someone does not like your work, that does not mean it is bad. It just isn't something they connected to.

I did not have any shocking changes. In fact, I did not notice any at all. There were some instances of there being patches of different 'times' in my workplace. It was quite astonishing but caused many of the young people that I work with to have a fright.

Sincerely,
Artistic As Well

set by bree
March 15, 1890
Dear Artistic as Well,
Thank you for the kind words. I will take that to heart when I give another person one of my pieces.

I am sure that many people have felt flustered over the whole incident. Goodness, I do hope that another one does not occur.

From,
Miss Artistic in Nature

Magic by Elaine!

March 21st, 1890
Dear Artistic in Nature,

I quite agree. Now we have discussed a lot about art. But what other things interest you? Do you have any passions besides art?

Sincerely,
Artistic As Well

set by bree
March 24, 1890
Dear Artistic as Well,
I don't really take much time for passions. Having made my family my priority long ago, my art is really my only time to simply be me.

From,
Miss Artistic in Nature

Magic by Elaine!

March 27th, 1890
Dear Artistic in Nature,

If you were to be wedded, would you seek to change that?

Sincerely,
Artistic As Well

set by bree
March 30, 1890
Dear Artistic as Well,
Only if my husband were to allow - and hopefully encourage - such a thing. I would never wish to live in a marriage of tension and lack of understanding for one another.

From,
Miss Artistic in Nature

Magic by Elaine!

April 6th, 1890
Dear Artistic in Nature,

I think it is important for women to do as they wish even within a marriage. But I know not all men are like that. Do you think you could find happiness if you were to marry a man who does not allow a job or for you do to the hobbies you enjoy?

Sincerely,
Artistic As Well

set by bree
April 10, 1890
Dear Artistic as Well,
If I were to be honest, no. Not really, anyway. But if it were to come down to my own happiness or the happiness of my family, I wish to put them first. My father has worked so hard for my family, I wouldn't wish to become burdensome by putting my happiness before the good of the family. My marrying would help to open doors for my sisters in their own prospects.

From,
Miss Artistic in Nature

Magic by Elaine!

April 16th, 1890
Dear Artistic in Nature,

I suppose that makes sense. You seem to have a very good head on your shoulders and I quite admire your devotion to your family. I do help that you do not sacrifice too much of your own happiness and find some semblance of it. I personally am seeking the sort of wife that I can also be friends with - share interests, that sort of thing.

Sincerely,
Artistic As Well

set by bree

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Cecily Gallivan
September 11, 2023 – 8:07 AM
Last Post by Witch Weekly
September 11, 2023 – 12:12 AM
Last Post by Tariq Zahir
January 28, 2023 – 6:27 PM
View a Printable Version