Cbox
Chat
UPDATES
Did you know?
There's almost always some sort of IC event taking place—simply check out the board calendar to see what's happening! — Kayte ( Submit your own)
Featured Adoptable

Catherine Smith for Percival Adlard Jr..
The peppiest of widows~
This would have been very disturbing anyway but then Pet's eye popped out and started rolling along the bottom of the boat. Great. Maybe she would be so fortunate as to have a kraken surface nearby and pluck her off the ship with one of its tentacles and kindly drown her. Petra Sleptova in Land, Ho!
— Nominate a quote —
Featured Stamp
Complete a thread started and set every month for twelve consecutive months. Each thread must have at least ten posts, and at least three must be your own.
>
<

Those Left Behind
Open 
January 4th, 1890 — St. Mungos Corridors
It helped somewhat to make himself busy at work. Keeping his mind occupied was how best he felt that he could cope with the tragedy that had recently taken place in his life. Though the bad side of that was that people who had read the Prophet and knew him to be Mister Gladstone kept giving him their condolences. With some of the more insensitive trying to subtle pawn their daughters off on him now that he was a bachelor once more.

He had escaped into the corridor, only to hear someone call out his name. Oh Merlin, who was this going to be now?
It was only as she had called after him that Rosamund realised it was he who had remarked upon the tragedy of the carriage accident in the Daily Prophet she had read just at breakfast today.

“I’m sorry, Mr. Gladstone,” Rosamund said quickly, regretting having made any attempt to stop him today, of all days. She had seen the tension in his shoulders at having been interrupted, but could not see how she could take it back now without him knowing precisely why she didn’t want to bother him. “I - was hoping for a consult with Magical Bugs on one of our patients.” This much was true: the man was convinced his condition was the result of coming into contact with a jinxed tea-set, whereas Rosamund was beginning to think he had come into contact with something altogether more contagious. She had heard plenty of accounts from her mother, after all, about the sort of symptoms that saw one admitted to Magical Bugs. (Naturally the patient refused to entertain her, because people had a funny inclination that they always knew best.)

“Of course, it doesn’t have to be you,” she added carefully. “Just - anyone you might spare.”
Richard turned to look at the other healer as she apologized. She wasn't from his area but she was a familiar face around the hospital. He listened as she said that she had been hoping for a consult with someone from his department. "I'm free now, what can you tell me about the case?" He asked. Working was how he was going to get through this, he felt.

magical set by MJ!