Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Timothy's World Notes

November 27th, 1889
The potion that I have been working on is not functional thus far. It exploded my lab for a third time and I cannot seem to find the factor that is causing this incident. I will be testing for equipment used next. Perhaps I need to be using metal vials instead of glass or some such. I singed a bit of my eyebrows the last time and I'm not sure how much more my maid and housekeeper are willing to put up with. They say that it is causing them to grow immune to loud noises.

T. Ainsworth

January 2nd, 1890
I opened up the news today, to find myself reading about a death caused by a stolen artifact. I confess myself curious about the primitive killing curse that is said to have been placed upon it. I wish I had a way of getting to study it but alas, I will simply have to read anything that becomes public knowledge as the case unfolds.

T. Ainsworth

January 22nd, 1890
Lately, I find myself pondering taking off and travelling. Unfortunately, that would also mean leaving my job which I love. I do not think I would enjoy that. Besides, unlike a lot of the men in leisure in the world, I need income to survive and to pay for my independent research. Oh but to dream is always free.

T. Ainsworth

September 22nd, 1890
Mother and my sisters have begun to become even more insistent that I find myself a bride. I cannot fathom why. I suppose I should - the companionship would be great and my father would appreciate knowing the Ainsworth name won't die with me. I have been trying, however. I have put ads in Witch Weekly at the encouragement of Angela.

T. Ainsworth

October 2nd, 1890
I have made a compromise with the womenfolk of my family by agreeing that I will work to be more sociable. Whizzhards is having regular events throughout the month so I thought that might be enough. Apparently not for Rebecca says she could not abide by a sister in law too much like me in temperament.

T. Ainsworth

October 31st, 1890
I found the performance by the Hogsmeade Players to be quite commendable. The tale of Frankenstein does make me wonder about the possibilities within science. Though I suppose Necromancy achieves similar goals? It might be worth looking into.

T. Ainsworth

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Clarissa Cosgrove
December 2, 2023 – 6:32 PM
View a Printable Version