Cbox
Chat
UPDATES
Did you know?
Character faces can be temporarily locked. You can "immortalize" yours for 3 months at 75 posts, and 6 months at 200! — Kayte ( Submit your own)
Featured Adoptable

Cosmo Zabini for Calliope Riley.
Attractive young wives really are a rich man's prerogative...
Her niece's humility was an admirable thing and had the added advantage of leaving Temperance feeling as though she was constantly rendering Blythe dumb with her words of wisdom and encouragement.Temperance Fairchild in Messiah
— Nominate a quote —
Featured Stamp
See your character from sorting through graduation by completing at least one post each year (10+ posts, 3+ yours) and participating in the initial sorting ceremony.
>
<

Shivers
Private 
November 20th, 1889 — Hogwarts Grounds
@Sunday Fudge

It was not unusual for grounds to be covered in snow in the afternoon now that the cold weather had moved in, but luckily for Archie, it was not present when he made his trek to the greenhouses for Herbology class. Professor Skeeter had enchanted the greenhouses to stay warm even when the outside air was crisp and cold, giving Archie just enough time to warm up before the class of first years was, once again, ejected into the cold.

"I wish he gave harder work. I'm done reciting the properties of the same five plants. It's too easy," he complained as his hands fiddled with the knot on his blue and bronze scarf. "I can't imagine how anyone could fail. It's just memorization!"

He shot an exasperated look at her; surely she felt the same!

Besides her own home at the resort, Sunday had decided Hogwarts had come up second. The crisp sea breeze constantly bufetting across the castle grounds had instantly reminded her of home, and quickly she found herself in her element. Perhaps not as in her element with classes as one had hoped, but that wasn't something she'd decided to focus on anyhow.

With her hair done up in two buns on either side of her head, Sunday had found room to wrap her extra-long red and gold scarf around her head thrice with some still trailing behind her figure like an odd red cape. Thankfully they had Herbology with the Ravenclaws, which had seen Sunday give a little skip towards someone who'd she'd grown to know as one of her best friends ever since he'd pulled her (well, she'd helped him if she was being honest) out of the Black Lake that first night.

The Gryffindor glanced at him over the rim of her scarf and shrugged. "It is rather easy," she said, "But it isn't easy for some people I imagine - memorization may come easy to some, but to others, it might be considered difficult!" Not her, certainly. She and Archie were on the same page when it came to wanting more work. "I imagine that once exams roll around you're going to be wishing it was just memorization, Archie!" Sunday raised an eyebrow at him.

[Image: r63eeP.jpg]
Archie didn't know how their exams would be anything other than memorization at this point! Maybe they'd have to match some properties and draw and label a picture or two, but he didn't imagine Professor Skeeter would see how long they would withstand the scream of a Mandrake or anything. He brushed off her comments with a little pfft and continued down the pathway, suddenly regretful that he knew no spell to make his gloves any warmer than they already were.

"I'm sure I'll be wishing a lot of things during examinations. One of the second years tole me Transfiguration is almost entirely practical. They could just be scaring me, but why would they?" It wasn't as if he was an easy-to-taunt coward—or at least he didn't like to think so. "You've never told which classes you're awful in. You've got to have at least one," he teased.
Sunday remembered the first night at Hogwarts and her talk with Irene. She remembered how her sister had said exams would be hard but the next year they would seem easy compared to the workload. According to Irene, that's how an education worked. Things started out easy, then built on what you already knew. Which mean they'd have to retain the information from years previous. In the grand scheme of things it all seemed very arduous.

Practical lessons were frankly Sunday's favorite. It helped with the memorization to put actions together with the spells they were learning. "Because it's easy to scare a first year, perhaps?" she mused, before pondering over Archie's question before smirking. "What if I'm not awful in any of the classes?" She taunted, sticking her nose up in the air in an overly pompous fashion.

[Image: r63eeP.jpg]