Cbox
Chat
UPDATES
Did you know?
There's almost always some sort of IC event taking place—simply check out the board calendar to see what's happening! — Kayte ( Submit your own)
Featured Adoptable

Catherine Smith for Percival Adlard Jr..
The peppiest of widows~
This would have been very disturbing anyway but then Pet's eye popped out and started rolling along the bottom of the boat. Great. Maybe she would be so fortunate as to have a kraken surface nearby and pluck her off the ship with one of its tentacles and kindly drown her. Petra Sleptova in Land, Ho!
— Nominate a quote —
Featured Stamp
Complete a thread started and set every month for twelve consecutive months. Each thread must have at least ten posts, and at least three must be your own.
>
<

A Ridiculous Request
Private 
November 4th, 1889 — Slytherin Common Room
@Sweetie Whitledge
Holly had never found any reason to take the Whitledge family seriously. Between their periodic scandals, rumors of fighting between family members, and simply ridiculous names, Holly believed it best to avoid them at all cost.

Until now.

News had broken that one of the Slytherin students had successfully completed their animagus transformation—and that the student in question was none other than Miss Sweetie Whitledge, who she was quite sure she'd offended on at least one occasion with her attitude.

Oh well.

The skies had gone dark and students had begun scurrying off to bed, but Holly had other ideas. She remained on the couch after her study partner left the room—until almost everyone left the room, really—leaving only herself and a handful of students, among them Miss Whitledge herself, in the darkened common room.

"Miss Whitledge," she said, rather haughtily but as businesslike and respectful as the thirteen-year-old could manage at the time, "I've heard you've done it." Her request died on the tip of her tongue, and no other words left her mouth. She stared at the older girl and struggled to mentally rephrase her question before she breached the subject.

set by MJ <3
Despite how some might see it, Sweetie didn't see her family as legitimately scandalous. They kept any serious troubles to themselves, unless Handsome was drunk. At least they were better off than some families. Other than deaths, they didn't land in the Daily Prophet.

Even so, there was pride to be held in the Whitledge name of late. Sweetie's animagus success was something to behold. Every now and then she would spend her time as a cat and relax around the common room. Not that many of her peers paid much mind to yet another cat.

Tonight was not one of those evenings. Even with her animagi studies completed, she still had her school studies to dedicate her time to and she took that seriously.

Looking up from her book, she raised her eyebrow at the infamous Holly Scrimgeour. The snippy child who made even her fellow Slytherins a hint irritated by her snobbish behavior. "Yes, Miss Scrimgeour?"

Lady made Magic

Sweetie prefers to go by the more proper name of Rachel, and your character may know this.
Daisypath Graduation tickers
Holly noted the disinterest in Miss Whitledge's words, but was not dissuaded. She straightened up, held up her chin, and tried—to the best of her ability—to put on a pleasant smile.

"I've heard you've completed the animagus transformation," she began slowly, her mind in the process of formulating the best possible way to go about this. Miss Whitledge didn't have a reputation for being the kindest, nor did Holly had a reputation for being the most pleasant. "I was wondering if you could... tell me more. It's not at all common for students to successfully complete the transformation."

set by MJ <3
That smile looked like someone had made a mess in the girl's bed and now the little blonde had to be grateful for it. At least, that's what Sweetie thought. But still, she decided to play nice.

So even the girl who was too good for everyone was impressed by Sweetie's accomplishment. That filled the older Slytherin with a rather unique sense of pride. "Indeed, it is not common at all. My estimations of completing the process were for after I graduated."

Lady made Magic

Sweetie prefers to go by the more proper name of Rachel, and your character may know this.
At least Miss Whitledge was cooperating. She'd rather deal with an arrogant, over-confident someone over a dismissive one any day. "And how did you manage that? You must have had a secret." One she could steal and perfect, so she might become an animagus before her seventh year even began!

set by MJ <3
A secret? Sweetie raised an eyebrow and a hint of 'are you crazy?' flashed in her eyes before she took a breath and shrugged. "Studying. Studying and focusing." Wow. How inventive.

Lady made Magic

Holly returned the same look and inched closer to the seventh year. Surely the girl knew something—or at least had found the right resources. "You must tell me what you read, and who assisted you. There are lots of smart people out there, but much fewer animagi. It's not just smarts," she continued to press, feeling as if she was getting closer to the answer.

set by MJ <3
Yep, she's crazy. But Sweetie was at least somewhat willing to give some advise. To an extent. If this one kept pressing any further, she might just turn into a cat just to get the kid to shut up. "Professor Yi was kind enough to assist me. But please keep in mind that I was also in transfiguration club for years and have been president for a while." She gave a pointed look to the girl.

Sighing, she continued. "I also read everything I could. About the technique, facts about successful and failed animagi, and history on the spell. Like I said, studying." It had taken all of her free time. Summer had been filled with studying.

Lady made Magic

So Sweetie Whitledge was smart. Just smart. How annoying! Apparently the clearest path required reading, reading, and more reading, followed by being social and acquiring arbitrary titles like club president. It didn't sound like something she'd be good at, even if the boastful Miss Whitledge had managed it.

"So you can't help me," she stated with an air of annoyance. She'd just had to waltz her way down to their professor's office for assistance, it seemed—if he was willing to assist a third year at all.

set by MJ <3