Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

The [OLD] Rumor Mill
    Miss Stella Borgin was unchaperoned in the Hog's Head recently. No, wait - it gets worse! She went upstairs with a man while she was there! What a disaster, no wonder she got expelled from Hogwarts last year
    I heard the reason Malcolm Macfusty needed to find a new nanny was because his last one got pregnant. I wonder if he's the father... nobody has seen his wife in ages after all...
    I heard that Malcolm Macfusty's nanny was lying about being a widow. Her muggle husband threw her out of the house when he found out that she was a witch.
    I heard Margaret Blackwood, if that's her real last name, gave birth to her daughter out of wedlock. It seems to be trend with her.
    Nobody seems to know where Margaret Blackwood has gone. She seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet.
    I heard Ursula Black spilled a whole pot of tea on herself today at The Lady Morgana! I haven't seen her about in a long while, I was starting to wonder if she had died! Although, judging by the account I heard, she doesn't look far off from it. Perhaps she's caught consumption?
    Miss Adrienne du Marque--I'm quite sure it was her; she is very pretty--was seen in The Hog's Head without a chaperon! Even with a chaperon that is no place for a young lady; one can only imagine what sorts of mischief she got up to!
    I saw that female Auror-in-Training, Elizabeth Walsh, going into James Herondale's office with him -- and they locked the door! I don't know what they got up to, but it can't have been anything good. And she's a married woman with children at home!
    "Did you hear? Mrs. Scott went to see Mrs. Black, and apparently the headmaster's wife has completely cracked! I heard she was shaking like a leaf and looking at things that weren't there."
    "Mr. Odin Greyback has recently been visited by some cousins in Bartonburg! And one of them is a young lady, pretty as can be from what I saw of her the other day! Can Mr. Greyback be vigilant enough to keep his younger cousin out of the trouble that ensnared his sister and had her leave her fiancé at the altar? And that other one, Mr. Remei Greyback, seems like he'll be no help keeping her out of trouble, either!"
    "I heard that Mr. Nolan Walsh kicked his wife out after he heard the recent rumors, and even that he was asking around about how to get a divorce!"
    "Mr. Cailean Beckett - you know the one, he plays for the Hogsmeade Howlers now! - was spotted in the Slums, visiting Miss Ella Carrington! Yes, that Miss Carrington! What do you think that was about?"
    "I saw a man stroking a woman's face and neck in the park the other week! I didn't know either of them, but he was dressed well enough that he had to have had money - why can't these ridiculous foreigners be overly-affectionate in their home-countries? He was awfully pale, too, that can't be normal."
    "I heard that Lilly Ritter -- you know, the prima donna of de Montfault Theater? -- is part veela! It was her grandmother that was the veela, or maybe her great grandmother."
    "I saw Mr. Faustus Prewett talking to Mrs. Mysterium at his campaign event today. You know, the woman he rescued earlier this week? It could be terribly romantic if they were to wed, almost like a fairy tale!"
    "My friend saw a brunette woman cavorting with a giant man on a cliff in the Hebrides! I bet he was one of those MacFustys - an especially tall one at that!"

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      The Rumor Mill Rumor Mill 25 3,971 01-07-2018, 03:58 PM
    Last Post: Rumor Mill
      Hogwarts Rumor Mill Guest 90 32,109 09-22-2017, 09:57 AM
    Last Post: Rumor Mill