Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

The [OLD] Rumor Mill
    Have you heard? Mr. Gilmore of the Daily Prophet has apparently been living with the widow, Mrs. Eurydice Spencer, in her Wellingtonshire property along with his illegitimate children. Is it possible the pair are living in sin together?
    I heard that Mrs. Gibbs, the one who runs that shop down on High Street--you know the one--saw Ms. Anne Primpernelle come in today! Was it a ghost? Or is there a conspiracy to hide a murder?
    I hear Mr. Cormac Donovan has been spending extra time at the Broomsticks lately, even more than usual. Has he finally just moved in? What about his poor wife?
    I saw the Headmaster's wife, Mrs. Black, in Padmore Park yesterday looking quite distraught and dressed as though someone had died! Has there been a tragedy in the Black family?
    That Quidditch player they're always talking about, Magnus Lockhart, was checked into the hospital this afternoon! Some sort of head injury, I think.
    • Miss Daphne Primpernelle was seen in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. It is said that she met with a man - and without a chaperone!
    My doorman really must be seeing things--he claims to have seen Miss November Crouch leave her home in only her nightclothes!
    While it is quite nice to have something different around, I daresay some of these foreigners are a bit bolder than they ought to be. Even with a chaperone, I've been making my son accompany his sister on outings, just to be safe.
    The Egyptian Mr. Ozier Qeb and our chaser, Miss Amalia Meliflua, have been spotted together multiple times, did you hear? And now I heard from my neighbor that they were bantering during the game yesterday! Do you think that Qeb is pursuing her?
    Apparently, the day after the last Quidditch match someone was screaming about kidnappings and setting off wand sparks at 3 in the morning. I wonder what that was all about?
    After the funeral of Mr. Bentley Beauregard, Gabe Hatchitt and Miss Adella Beauregard went to Rosa Lee's! Their conversation seemed innocuous enough - but who's to say?
    Mr. Wesley Cavanagh was spotted talking to Miss Lucinda Beauregard in Bartonburg the other evening. My neighbor said that Miss Lucinda is positively giddy; are they courting?
    Miss Ella Carrington has left Hogwarts and no one knows why! It can't be anything good, whatever it is.
    Mr. Cailean Beckett of Puddlemere United was seen visiting the home of Miss Constance Hatchitt (yes, she lives on her own!) this morning, with flowers! I didn't see it myself, but my neighbor did, and she said that he was let in, quick as you like! Surely that can't be entirely proper...
    Lenox Maroc was spotted drunk in Excalibur the other day! I know that those boys like to have fun, but sometimes it's a bit much, don't you think?
    Did you see Mr. Cailean Beckett after he left Miss Constance Hatchitt's house today? He was limping a little, and he had a nasty bruise on his cheek! What could have happened while he was inside?

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      The Rumor Mill Rumor Mill 25 3,970 01-07-2018, 03:58 PM
    Last Post: Rumor Mill
      Hogwarts Rumor Mill Guest 90 32,105 09-22-2017, 09:57 AM
    Last Post: Rumor Mill