Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

The [OLD] Rumor Mill
    Mr. Leander Fortescue was seen riding his horse into the slums! What business could he have had there? Certainly nothing proper.
    • A neighbour of the Peverells' saw that tart Artemis Van Helsing going into their house with that bastard of hers. One would think the Peverells would take more care in who they allow to pay calls, given thatùat this time of yearùtheir daughters are surely home. Do they not care about the girls' marriage prospects?
    • Jessamine May Rookwood has been checked in the hospital on the 28th on December on the name of Jessamine May Valmont. Has she secretly married? And more importantly, why is she still in the hospital?
    • Have you heard? That less than respectable van Helsing girl, Imogen, has managed to seduce Shawn MacArthur! Whatever was he thinking in associating with such a girl as she, anyhow?
    • Did you hear? It appears that Mr. Slughorn has betrothed his daughter, Liviana to a halfblood: Mr. Valour Rutledge! I never thought that the Slughorns would agree to such a union, but Mr. Slughorn's own union to his wife was quite a scandal itself...
    A friend told me that the Ministry of Magic is actually burning the baskets from the pitches! Can you believe it? They've gone utterly mad!
    You heard that Prosperus Lockhart went and eloped during that tea business? I hear his son, the beater for the Chudley Cannons, went and eloped as well. I didn't catch his new wife's name, it seems no one knows who she is...
    The Department of Magical Games and Sports is holding a press conference this evening! Probably because of the basket burning rumor.
    Mr. George Mereworth left the Ministry. Was the pressure from the Hogsmeade Slasher case just too much for him?
    It appears that Mr. Everett Grimm has opened an orphanage, I hear another baby has shown up on his doorstep! These must be desperate women to leave their children in the hands of a man like that!
    Did you see Miss Magdelena Davis and Mister Jack Collins yesterday around town? They were without a chaperone, and were both sporting rings! Do you think they eloped?
    They took measurements for the Quidditch World Cup uniforms the other day and apparently Magnus Lockhart has grown another inch since the beginning of his season with the Cannons. Surely that can't be natural, considering his family? Do you suppose he's using any magical enhancement, what with the World Cup coming up?
    I heard Mrs. May Valmont was disqualified from the duel after she tried to attack poor Mr. Pettigrew! How monstrously boorish! I certainly wouldn't want her around my daughters. The whole thing is terribly unladylike, uncivilized even.
    • I heard Miss Moira Faulkner was seen chatting at length with an unwashed wastrel in the streets! Such improper behavior must be the reason why she is still a burden on her parents.
    I heard the seeker, Mr. Echelon-Arnost, was checked into the hospital today, but no one seems to know why! What do you think can be the matter?
    Mr. Magnus Lockhartùdon't be silly; you have heard of him, he's one of the national beaters!ùwas spotted not two days ago embracing some woman on the streets! (Mary Backer, who lives just there, thought the girl looked like one from the wand shop, though she could not be sure) Is he off the market, as it were, or is this behaviour ratheràquestionable?

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      The Rumor Mill Rumor Mill 25 3,971 01-07-2018, 03:58 PM
    Last Post: Rumor Mill
      Hogwarts Rumor Mill Guest 90 32,110 09-22-2017, 09:57 AM
    Last Post: Rumor Mill