Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

Cassius Lestrange v. Eva Sleptov
    • It was with a deal of pride that Nik noted his daughterùlike he himselfùhad found herself in the final round of the competition; that Cassius Lestrange had as well was a credit to the young wizard as well. Going over the rules one last time for good measure, Nik turned to the students and said, "Congratulations on reaching the final round of the dueling tournament. Mr. Lestrange, you may open."
    • Cash Lestrange had made it to the final round of the duels.

Well.

Okay.

It was surprising, and he was not confident to be facing the Defense teacher's daughter when her Dad was moderating. Losing to a girl and a halfblood would be something he would never hear the end of, despite making the final.

Losing wasn't really an option, Cash thought.

Given the chance to open the round, Cash faced the dummy and concentrated for a moment. What spells had he used in the round with Professor Sleptov as judge? He wanted to avoid their kind as much as possible.

Vines and cavernous holes. He could avoid those.

Cash flicked his wand at the dummy and muttered an incantation. If the spell worked, the dummy would shoot a few feet in the air and be forcibly cemented there for a few minutes.
    I just moved to a new country! [Image: mThvFq.png]
    set by MJ!

[Image: 11shy53.gif][Image: 16204dv.gif]
    • Eva couldn't believe she had made it to th finals. It was funny, considering that her father had also made it to the finals. It would be really nice if the both of them won. Maybe this was their family's lucky one.

Her father was the judge, though, so she would have to do something really impressive. If she won this duel some people would surely start saying that she had won thanks to her father's help. Well, maybe her father was softer with her, but it was not really her fault if she actually did good displays. She had learnt how to ignore such people, because they would never really be pleased. If she won when her father was the judge they would say he helpd her, if she didn't won then they would make fun of her.

She raised her wand and pointed at the windows. If verything worked right the scenery outside would change and it would seem as if they were in a different place. Eva wouldn't change the scenery outside, of course, but she would only make the windows display a different view.
    • Both displays, Nik thought, were done to their intended standardsùand were rather impressive at that. Still, though he was loathe to hand the round so easily to his daughter, for fear that her skill might be dismissed as favouritism, the Russian had to admit that Eva's exhibit did require more skill and was perhaps better executed. "The round to Miss Sleptov," he said coolly, trying not to seem so excited, "who may begin the next."

Cash rolled a 9, Eva a 10

• The victory of the first round was given to her and Eva could almost hear some people from the crowd make comments about her display. Well, it was not her fault that her father was the judge. Besides, even if another professor was the judge and gave the victory to her everyone would say that it was because her father talked him into letting her win.

It was her turn for the second time. If everything worked right an oak tree would appear in the middle of the room and it would be surrounded by various flowers.
    • Eva Sleptov won the round, and Cash concentrated very hard for a moment. I will not roll my eyes I will not roll my eyes I will not roll my eyes.

He did not roll his eyes, thankfully.

Miss Sleptov cast her display and Cash came up with his own. "[i]Pluruli Creditis Oppugno," he murmured. If the spell worked correctly, multiple - probably about five - mink would blossom from his wand and go maul the dummy.
    set by MJ!

• Eva's display was quite elegant, Nik noted with pride, but all such pride evaporated, replaced instead with an outburst of laughter at Lestrange's own. He really had no choice but to cast the round in the lad's favour. "Mr. Lestrange, I think, has it this time," he announced, still chuckling. "He may begin the tie-breaking round."

10 for Eva, 12 for Cash
    • He had won the round. Well, that was a relief. If he had lost so wholly to a halfblooded girl, it would have been worse than just losing to her.

As the minks popped back into nothing, Cash pondered his next move. He aimed his wand at the dummy and muttered a spell. Should it work, a tree would spring from the ground behind the dummy and enclose it in its trunk.
    set by MJ!

• Now it was either her or Mr Lestrange. She took a deep breath and then waved her wand. If everything worked right bright floating fires would dance around.
    • Nik watched each display critically and pondered for a few minutes before he made his decision. He cast his daughter a quick, apologetic look before declaring, "The round, and the match, to Mr. Lestrange. Both of you are to be congratulated on an excellent performance in this contest, though Mr. Lestrange will take home the prize."
    Cash 11, Eva 9

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      The Ladies Lestrange Olivia Pendergast 38 7,668 07-02-2013, 05:00 PM
    Last Post: Mirella Lestrange
      Adasia Mohr v. Petra Sleptov Ixion Swift 6 1,304 12-04-2012, 05:21 PM
    Last Post: Ixion Swift
      Cassius Lestrange v. Lucian Dudley Nikolai Sleptov 9 1,549 11-26-2012, 03:04 PM
    Last Post: Nikolai Sleptov
      Petra Sleptov v. Muireann Sheehan Nikolai Sleptov 6 1,366 11-26-2012, 03:01 PM
      Hannah Loren v. Petra Sleptov Nikolai Sleptov 9 1,402 11-16-2012, 05:12 AM