Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Beta Woes!
(February 18, 2018 – 9:12 PM)Bella Scrimgeour Wrote:  The Character Directory coding looks a little wonky to me (or at least the tables). The classes and occupations don't align very well depending on the length of each. I get things like these:

Example 1 &  Example 2

This is being seen to.

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
[Image: TrSGeWR.jpg]
— graphics by lady ❤ —
There's some problems with the alignment/widths in various places:

Example 1 | Since I joined the text on the bottom bar has gone off-center! Also the bottom bar doesn't go all the way to the right, but that could be screen resolution issues.
Example 2 | The signature box under extended profile doesn't extend equally!
Example 3 | The banner doesn't extend the full length and it starts to tile, but once again that might be screen resolution.

MJ is MAGICAL
[Image: Qe1fJY6.png]

Bree said it is not supposed to look like that.

Magic by Elaine!

ALSO non-sorted people can see the buddy system forum~

MJ is MAGICAL
(February 19, 2018 – 1:04 AM)Acacia Ruskin Wrote:  [Image: Qe1fJY6.png]

Bree said it is not supposed to look like that.

We are aware of this issue. Please read the earlier posts in the thread before reporting anything! Smile

The following 2 users Like Declan Wood's post:
   Aldous Crouch, J. Alfred Darrow
I lost the ability to quote posts! When I hover over the quote button, I get a j‌avascript:void(0) message displayed at the bottom right corner of the screen, and then clicking it doesn't do anything. :P

The following 1 user Likes Ophelia Devine's post:
   Bella Scrimgeour
I don't have the ability to "like" anything in the Character Development forum, which is new. If that was an intentional thing I protest because I enjoy showing my support for cool want ads and impulse PB reservations. xD

I tried to quick edit this post and it put my edited version in a second post below ):

GOD DAMN IT LYNN QUIT BREAKING SHIT

The following 1 user Likes Declan Wood's post:
   Cassius Lestrange
(February 19, 2018 – 4:07 PM)Declan Wood Wrote:  GOD DAMN IT LYNN QUIT BREAKING SHIT

IDK WHAT I'M DOING WRONG.

But quoting seems to work now so that's cool?

Also I came here to say something else but this one is easy at least. >>

In the Member-Run Events thread we should probably change this: "When: IC Date (If you want a forum please post at least a week in advance)" since we don't offer forums any more. Also, the link to suggest a staff-run event doesn't go anywhere.

The following 2 users Like Ophelia Devine's post:
   Cassius Lestrange, Declan Wood
(February 19, 2018 – 3:57 AM)Ophelia Dippet Wrote:  I lost the ability to quote posts! When I hover over the quote button, I get a j‌avascript:void(0) message displayed at the bottom right corner of the screen, and then clicking it doesn't do anything. :P

That's normal and if you scroll down to quick reply you'll see the "quote this post now or click deselect" or whatever because you can quote multiple posts at once. The other quote button just above is the one that sends you immediately to the new reply page!

(February 19, 2018 – 6:51 AM)Ophelia Dippet Wrote:  I don't have the ability to "like" anything in the Character Development forum, which is new. If that was an intentional thing I protest because I enjoy showing my support for cool want ads and impulse PB reservations. xD
This is probably a result of how the permissions are set up although really you still ought to be able to like stuff because you're able to make posts in those locations you mentioned. I'll take a peek at this at some point.

(February 19, 2018 – 7:46 PM)Ursula Black Wrote:  
(February 19, 2018 – 3:57 AM)Ophelia Dippet Wrote:  I lost the ability to quote posts! When I hover over the quote button, I get a j‌avascript:void(0) message displayed at the bottom right corner of the screen, and then clicking it doesn't do anything. :P

That's normal and if you scroll down to quick reply you'll see the "quote this post now or click deselect" or whatever because you can quote multiple posts at once. The other quote button just above is the one that sends you immediately to the new reply page!

It's normal now but I swear it was broken for a hot second xD

ON THAT NOTE, THOUGH, I've checked the box to receive alerts when I'm quoted in a post and I do not!

Not sure whether suggestions can go here so don't mind me!

Have y'all considered putting a quick link to the maintenance thread in the Helping Hand forum on the index? I really like that feature on old Charming! I assume once the site gets rolling with the entire member base it'll be used a lot~

MJ is MAGICAL
(February 19, 2018 – 8:51 PM)Bella Scrimgeour Wrote:  Not sure whether suggestions can go here so don't mind me!

Have y'all considered putting a quick link to the maintenance thread in the Helping Hand forum on the index? I really like that feature on old Charming! I assume once the site gets rolling with the entire member base it'll be used a lot~

We talked about this in the beta skype already! If you click the "link" button up top, it's listed there instead of on the index!

The following 2 users Like J. Alfred Darrow's post:
   Aldous Crouch, Bella Scrimgeour

MJ made the most Alfredy of sets and then two years later she made it EVEN BETTER
So the ribbon bar on the side of the pages has a grey triangle thing at the bottom, which is mostly invisible. When you shrink the window down, though, it starts poking out: screenshot. The more you shrink the window, the more pronounced the triangle gets.

Here's a fun one. The error that appears when you try to post without something is hidden behind other boxes, see image link below.
https://cdn.nickpic.host/images/pnwAhs.png

View a Printable Version