Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Beta Woes!
I'm sure you're probably already aware of this, but the threadlog link in the profiles is a different font/style than the rest of the tabs.

Also on a purely aesthetic note, I would really love there to be four boxes instead of three on the Rep tab. It looks so unbalanced otherwise. :P I'm not sure what would go in the other box - maybe a space to link to DP or WW articles? A box for rumors? Just put the rep pip in there at 200% its size? IDK, I just feel like it would look better with four boxes total >>

EDIT: Just occurred to me that you could also resize the boxes and either make the bottom one width 100% or make all three width 33% (if that wouldn't look horribly squished on smaller screens) and have the same effect without adding any additional content, if that would be better!

I opened a pm this morning and found that the sizing of the message meant that next to the sender's av was completely blank and the actual message was aligned to the left under the bar of information about the sender. So in other words for a moment the message looked blank until I realized the coding had pushed it down to the next 'line' and then aligned it left from there.

Edit: I zoomed out to -67% in my browser and it aligned up with the original message.

[Image: 1wsKcIW.jpg]
Pretties from Lady <3
(February 3, 2018 – 2:36 AM)Lyra Potter Wrote:  
(February 2, 2018 – 11:24 PM)Roberto Devine Wrote:  I'm pretty sure this is a screen resolution problem but this is how the extended profile looks to me
https://cdn.nickpic.host/images/pAjwYY.png
https://cdn.nickpic.host/images/pAj4B6.png
https://cdn.nickpic.host/images/pAjD6p.png

When I zoom out to 80& everything aligns nicely into how I assume it's meant to look and the slideshow ribbon falls neatly into where I assume it's supposed to be.

Was literally coming here to say this. xD But I love having the tabs in the user profiles!

EDIT: ON THE SUBJECT OF RESOLUTION ISSUES:
screenshot!
No matter how big I make my screen, the account switcher stays in the same spot relative to the top right corner, and it cuts off most of the character name when I hover, which makes it a little harder to click on/use.
The account switcher drop down was never supposed to be in the top right, but that should be fixed now in it's happy left-aligned home.

(February 7, 2018 – 3:32 AM)Lyra Potter Wrote:  Switching accounts while on the "edit profile" screen copies the relationship status over to the character you switch to. There probably isn't a way to fix that since I know it was a problem on the last site, too, but it's annoying af D<

Liiiikley a glitch from the account switcher plugin so I don't think there's anything we can do about it.

(February 7, 2018 – 2:21 PM)Percival Adlard Jr. Wrote:  Here's a fun one, I don't know if it's just cause I'm the one who did the edit or what, but this appeared when I edited a post:

11 hours ago (This post was last modified: 11 hours ago by Sisse Thompsett.) #31

I don't recall it on the old site. But will admit that #31 has me chuckling.

That is new to mybb 1.8 I believe! There's also "edit reason" field you can fill in. The # is what post # it is in that thread.

(February 10, 2018 – 2:57 AM)Sisse Thompsett Wrote:  The editing ribbon for posts is not veiwable when editing posts. Not sure if this is intentional or not.

Which ribbon? Is this for quick edit or full edit?

The following 2 users Like Declan Wood's post:
   Aldous Crouch, Ophelia Devine
(February 11, 2018 – 2:43 AM)Declan Wood Wrote:  
(February 10, 2018 – 2:57 AM)Sisse Thompsett Wrote:  The editing ribbon for posts is not veiwable when editing posts. Not sure if this is intentional or not.

The one with the shortcuts to codes. It is in full edit.

[Image: Xz1bS1e.png]
*sniff* Bee made her look all grown up <3
(February 11, 2018 – 5:03 AM)Sisse Thompsett Wrote:  
(February 11, 2018 – 2:43 AM)Declan Wood Wrote:  
(February 10, 2018 – 2:57 AM)Sisse Thompsett Wrote:  The editing ribbon for posts is not veiwable when editing posts. Not sure if this is intentional or not.

That has never been available in quick edit!

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
[Image: TrSGeWR.jpg]
— graphics by lady ❤ —
(February 11, 2018 – 12:48 PM)Aldous Crouch Wrote:  
(February 11, 2018 – 5:03 AM)Sisse Thompsett Wrote:  
(February 11, 2018 – 2:43 AM)Declan Wood Wrote:  
(February 10, 2018 – 2:57 AM)Sisse Thompsett Wrote:  The editing ribbon for posts is not veiwable when editing posts. Not sure if this is intentional or not.

That has never been available in quick edit!

She said full edit. <3

Omg what is reading xD

The following 1 user Likes Aldous Crouch's post:
   Declan Wood

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
[Image: TrSGeWR.jpg]
— graphics by lady ❤ —
[Image: pFzYwS.jpg]

probably just another resolution thing, but when I went to use the post author change, I originally couldn't find the submit button because of the scroll bars XD

[Image: 33xh0N.png]
I may never actually change this set by MJ
So I was trying to zoom way the hell out on this screen shot so that you could see both issues in one pic and all of my histories were too long. >> BUT ANYWAY.

screenshot!

On the profiles, the user's name / quote box is pretty significantly longer than the content of the tabs, which leaves a bunch of white space... if there was a way to fix that and add that space to the history column I feel like my profiles might be slightly less lopsided >> There is also a gap at the bottom when you reach the signature where the white space for the tabbed content overhangs the signature slightly.

I also discovered when zooming out super far that the tabs eventually migrate up next to the quote instead of being beside it. IDK if you guys care since people probably won't be zoomed out far enough to make a difference, but it seems like the sort of thing a few added "block:" bits would fix. Smile

EDIT: Actually that last bit about the tabs wandering around the page also happens when I resize my window down to a smaller width (only they start sharing space with the top banner instead of the quote) so it is an actual issue. XD

In Kayte's staff bio, the link says "Character Directory." In everyone else's, it says "CML."

also those links don't go to anything but I assume you know that

The Cbox disappears when you shrink the window down far enough. Won't be a problem most of the time, but sometimes I do like to have the cbox up in the corner while I'm like watching a movie or doing graphics or something and that wouldn't really be possible as it's currently laid out!

Oh, another window-too-small problem: at a certain point it knocks the "log out" button on to a second line (which is fine, our old site does that, too) but it sort of looks wonky with the top banner the way it is. Right now I've got the normal black bar, then an extra white space where it finishes the word "logout" (which is mostly invisible because it's white on white) and then the colorful Charming thread banner.

Random nit-picky thing, but... is there a way to make the scroll bars wider? They are a bit hard to 1) find and 2) click and scroll.

Also, I loved the feature on the old site of clicking the banner and going right to the homepage. While I love the banner, is there a way to link it to the homepage. I know there is a Charming homepage link right above but it's a much smaller target and I usually have to really look to find and click it.

These may just be a personal Fallin problem, but figured I'd throw them out there.

[Image: 1wsKcIW.jpg]
Pretties from Lady <3
For some reason my polyjuice image disappeared? The hovering white box is still there, but it's empty now.

MOBILE STUFF: (I'm not sure if the mobile is done enough that you want feedback or not, so if it's not done yet just ignore me >>)

- The "new reply" button is only at the top of the threads. If I'm at the bottom of the thread I can do a quick reply, or I can scroll all the way back up to get the "reply" button. I wish it was in both spots.

- My account switcher still goes all the way to the right and then doesn't let me click things. )=

- IDK if we're planning on getting forum markers that show when there are new posts in a forum, but IF NOT, it'd be super grand if we had a "New Posts" search in the top bar because I would use the shit out of that.

<3 Thanks <3

User CP is kind of a bitch on mobile. I can only see part of it because it's too wide and there's no side scroll. =/

(February 12, 2018 – 8:25 PM)Ophelia Dippet Wrote:  So I was trying to zoom way the hell out on this screen shot so that you could see both issues in one pic and all of my histories were too long. >> BUT ANYWAY.

screenshot!

On the profiles, the user's name / quote box is pretty significantly longer than the content of the tabs, which leaves a bunch of white space... if there was a way to fix that and add that space to the history column I feel like my profiles might be slightly less lopsided >> There is also a gap at the bottom when you reach the signature where the white space for the tabbed content overhangs the signature slightly.

I also discovered when zooming out super far that the tabs eventually migrate up next to the quote instead of being beside it. IDK if you guys care since people probably won't be zoomed out far enough to make a difference, but it seems like the sort of thing a few added "block:" bits would fix. Smile

EDIT: Actually that last bit about the tabs wandering around the page also happens when I resize my window down to a smaller width (only they start sharing space with the top banner instead of the quote) so it is an actual issue. XD

I haven't fiddled with profiles and responsiveness yet (actually procrastinating this one like a bitch since I didn't code the profiles and will have to acquaint myself with unfamiliar code) so that will hopefully be fixed soon!

(February 13, 2018 – 5:50 PM)Ophelia Dippet Wrote:  In Kayte's staff bio, the link says "Character Directory." In everyone else's, it says "CML."

also those links don't go to anything but I assume you know that
I'm assuming it's the same for everyone else bar Kayte, but I haven't even touched mine yet so that's why that is xD

(February 14, 2018 – 12:17 AM)Ophelia Dippet Wrote:  The Cbox disappears when you shrink the window down far enough. Won't be a problem most of the time, but sometimes I do like to have the cbox up in the corner while I'm like watching a movie or doing graphics or something and that wouldn't really be possible as it's currently laid out!

Oh, another window-too-small problem: at a certain point it knocks the "log out" button on to a second line (which is fine, our old site does that, too) but it sort of looks wonky with the top banner the way it is. Right now I've got the normal black bar, then an extra white space where it finishes the word "logout" (which is mostly invisible because it's white on white) and then the colorful Charming thread banner.

- The cbox is meant to disappear when that happens, this is not a glitch. Unless there's a way to make the cbox default to closed at that size, it'll probably be substituted for a link to open it in a new window because small screens will otherwise have half the board blocked by cbox which is really obnoxious if that's your largest accessible screen. I'll probably bring the threshold for no cbox down though, I just haven't gone back to play with that yet.

- I should have fixed that issue as of an hour ago! At least until you hit phone width screens and teeny tablets.

(February 14, 2018 – 2:52 AM)Percival Adlard Jr. Wrote:  Random nit-picky thing, but... is there a way to make the scroll bars wider? They are a bit hard to 1) find and 2) click and scroll.

Also, I loved the feature on the old site of clicking the banner and going right to the homepage. While I love the banner, is there a way to link it to the homepage. I know there is a Charming homepage link right above but it's a much smaller target and I usually have to really look to find and click it.

These may just be a personal Fallin problem, but figured I'd throw them out there.

- Barnabas Skeeter designed the scrollbars so... *passes the buck*

- I also sorely miss this feature and will figure something out if Té doesn't beat me to it!

(February 16, 2018 – 3:09 AM)Ophelia Dippet Wrote:  For some reason my polyjuice image disappeared? The hovering white box is still there, but it's empty now.

MOBILE STUFF: (I'm not sure if the mobile is done enough that you want feedback or not, so if it's not done yet just ignore me >>)

- The "new reply" button is only at the top of the threads. If I'm at the bottom of the thread I can do a quick reply, or I can scroll all the way back up to get the "reply" button. I wish it was in both spots.

- My account switcher still goes all the way to the right and then doesn't let me click things. )=

- IDK if we're planning on getting forum markers that show when there are new posts in a forum, but IF NOT, it'd be super grand if we had a "New Posts" search in the top bar because I would use the shit out of that.

<3 Thanks <3

- Mobile is definitely not done :P I'll see what I can do on those buttons. Account switcher is already on my to do list.

- I would love it if the "mark all forums as read" thing and the icons worked, I used to use that ALL the time on IF. I miss it. There's a new posts button on the bottom bar now as well as a today's posts. I already planned to stick one on the mobile skin.

(February 17, 2018 – 10:16 AM)Ophelia Dippet Wrote:  User CP is kind of a bitch on mobile. I can only see part of it because it's too wide and there's no side scroll. =/

- Side scroll issue has already been noted! I'm actually really annoyed about this one because it's supposed to be a RESPONSIVE skin and that is the OPPOSITE of responsive and probably LESS responsive than the normal skin. I didn't give up and go for modifying an already responsive skin just to have to make it responsive.

The following 2 users Like Ursula Black's post:
   Lyra Potter, Odira Keene

The Character Directory coding looks a little wonky to me (or at least the tables). The classes and occupations don't align very well depending on the length of each. I get things like these:

Example 1 &  Example 2

MJ is MAGICAL

View a Printable Version