Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Hestia A. Fairchild

Show

Magic by MJ!
November 17, 1888
Mother has sent me a new journal. I couldn't handle even looking at the other one anymore. Mentions of... lost loved ones are in there. This is the last I will write about them, until I can handle reading their names again.

School has been good. I made the quidditch team, and that means lots of practice. Which is good. Gives me more to do besides classes and homework. And it gives me more of a chance to get to know my other Gryffindors.

Magic by MJ!
December 19, 1888
Soon I will be home for the holidays. It feels weird. Not being at Hogwarts, not playing quidditch. Perhaps one of my team mates will have some ideas of how to practice during winter break. And summer break as well. It keeps my mind occupied and gives me something to do.

I wonder what fourth year will be like. Even if it is so far away, it is still a wonder to me. Perhaps it will be fun. More calm. Each year I get closer to my OWLs and NEWTs tests. Then, I'll be out in the world. Time is so strange.

Magic by MJ!
March 9, 1890
I realize just how much I don't write in this journal. I feel kind of bad. What if one of my grandchildren reads this and there are so many gaps that they become confused or frustrated? Ugh, the very thought of having grandchildren! Would I even be a good mother? Perhaps a good grandmother. I would likely be the type to give each of my grandchildren too many sweets. Sorry future children!

In all seriousness, I have finally had a real talk with Artie. It feels like ages ago, even now. It feels as though she spends far more time with the first year she's tutoring than she does with me. Perhaps I should fail a class just to get her attention! I would never do that, mother would kill me.

Anyway, it was nice to finally tell her how frustrating her silence is, and to be able to open up with her instead of feeling like there is an ocean between us. Well, I was right in my last entry, it is even more quiet this year. I think it's called moving on. Is that wrong? To move on from such loss? Or are we each terrible people for not grieving for the rest of our days?

Magic by MJ!

View a Printable Version