Cbox
Chat
UPDATES
Did you know?
Character faces can be temporarily locked. You can "immortalize" yours for 3 months at 75 posts, and 6 months at 200! — Kayte ( Submit your own)
Featured Adoptable

Cosmo Zabini for Calliope Riley.
Attractive young wives really are a rich man's prerogative...
Her niece's humility was an admirable thing and had the added advantage of leaving Temperance feeling as though she was constantly rendering Blythe dumb with her words of wisdom and encouragement.Temperance Fairchild in Messiah
— Nominate a quote —
Featured Stamp
See your character from sorting through graduation by completing at least one post each year (10+ posts, 3+ yours) and participating in the initial sorting ceremony.
>
<

Dances and Possible Romances
Private 
June 12, 1889 - A Generic Ball in Hogsmeade
Sweetie had convinced Cupcake to meet her at this ball. Even if the older sister was trying to help Handsome with his life, the former Gryffindor needed to husband hunt at some point. After all, she had decided that over a career. No matter how much that baffled Sweetie.

But the sisters had gone their seperate ways into different conversations and dances. While it felt all too brief to Sweetie, given the lack of living under the same roof, she did feel that socializing was best for her older sister. Hence why she didn't make much of an effort to go looking.

This left the girl who was not-yet-courting-available to sit on the sidelines after a dance or two. She watched the dancers, playing with the fan that did no use for her at the moment. Her cat had bitten the end at some point, the moody little demon.

MJ made Magic

Sweetie prefers to go by the more proper name of Rachel, and your character may know this.
Daisypath Vacation tickersDaisypath Graduation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Charles was a bit of a social butterfly, and despite being engaged he still enjoyed attending a ball here or there and joining in the festivities. The fan language was fun to decode. The dancing gave him a hint of the lovely ladies ankles, and the horderves and champagne were nearly always the best. What more could a man want?

His gaze caught a young lady who looked to be having a wonderous time of it. Perhaps he could make her day, after all it was a gentleman's job at these sort of things to get the fairer sex off their feet. He strolled over with confidence in each step and put out a hand, "Would the fair lady care to join me in a dance?" He asked with a charming smile. Long brown hair fell past his shoulders, but was secured in the velvet ribbon, and heavenly blue hues drew her in  as he towered over her, with quite the view for himself not that he was looking .

[Image: unknown.png]
As one who was not yet of courting ability, the Slytherin was not nearly as used to flirting as a debutante would be. Even the subtle kind. And she wasn't the sort to lead a man on either. So when flirted with, she was a bit out of her element. Could one blame her from lack of experience?

Wonderous was not the word that she would use for the time that she was having. Not bored either. But relaxed, in her own right. As a lady of society, of course she knew the proper and latest dances that were popular among those of her status. She was not a bad dancer. It wasn't her favorite thing to do, but she wasn't awful at it either. So when she was offered another hand in dance, she smiled up at the man. "How kind. I would be honored." She said, taking his hand and getting up gracefully.

MJ made Magic

Sweetie prefers to go by the more proper name of Rachel, and your character may know this.
Charles was quite the dancer as he found it quite exciting as he pulled her up into the polka. Around and around and around they went as he charged bravely about the room with her in arms, a few times playing brave or chicken with some of the other couples, which they somehow always missed. He laughed as the froliced too and fro. Who said dancing had to be a bore. "So, what's your name?" He asked with a bit of a lopsided grin as he whirled her about. He still had his youth after all and boyish charm.

Well this felt more wild than to be expected. She was one more for order and elegance, but she couldn't help the smile as they went about their dancing. She caught a glance of her sister once, and the debutante smiled encouragingly at the Slytherin. "Miss Sweetie Whitledge. And you?" It was proper to say her full name, especially with her elder sister in the room. No need for later confusion. Though it would have been more proper if someone else had introduced them. Another time perhaps.

MJ made Magic

Charles was already breaking society norms in asking her to dance prior to being introduced, or dancing with her as it was despite being betrothed, but if one had to argue slights he could, if he wanted to, mention a number on the rest of the upper class. "Mr. Charles Operine. You are quite a good dancer. You attend Hogwarts yes?" He could have sworn he had seen her a few years back. "I was a Hufflepuff."

If Handsome were here, he might have pitched a fit. But the former head boy was not here, or it was likely she wouldn't be. One might say it was not proper to be friends with a half-breed, but she was. Or to have continuous arguments with her older brother, but she did. So one dance didn't seem to hurt anything. They were not hiding away somewhere together, they had not come into the party together, and it was beyond unlikely that they would leave together.

"Indeed. I shall be heading back for my final year. I am a Slytherin. Two of my sisters are in Hufflepuff." It had been a rocky start for her youngest sister, with no help from Sweetie. But there was peace now. Between sisters, that is. All of that seemed like forever ago. A lifetime ago. Even some of the stuff with Handsome, though that was more of a scar than a healed wound.

MJ made Magic

"Ah I see so ambition is at your heart yes? And what is it you wish to do when you are through? Goals, ambitions, dreams?" He knew in all earnest that in the end all she would have was her dreams. Society didn't really allow much more for a well bred woman. She was supposed to look pretty and deliver babies, oh and have manors that weren't like a billy goat. Still he would listen, it never hurt to listen. He spun her about and did a bow as the song's chords demanded and then they were back into the swing of things, counting steps and flowing about.

It was nice to know that he didn't instantly assume 'debutant' despite her social standing and gender. Refreshing. Her parents had encouraged work. And she was very determined indeed. "To be an unspeakable. And I am studying to become an animagus." Not a secret, and she did plan to register with the Ministry. She was working with her professor, how could she not?

She did as she was supposed to in the dance. Another sighting of Cupcake made her playfully scrunch her nose at her dear sister. The man she danced with was handsome. Perhaps a good match?

Charles lifted both brows, "Oh? That's pretty impressive, but I suppose it makes since for a serpent. You know I detest how many people think the Slytherines are bad, I think they are determined and hard working, dare I say they would put Ravenclaws to shame." His gaze moved over to cover her's and then he twirled her about on the dance floor. "A couple you know?" he asked curiously.