Cbox
Chat
UPDATES
Did you know?
Character faces can be temporarily locked. You can "immortalize" yours for 3 months at 75 posts, and 6 months at 200! — Kayte ( Submit your own)
Featured Adoptable

Cosmo Zabini for Calliope Riley.
Attractive young wives really are a rich man's prerogative...
Her niece's humility was an admirable thing and had the added advantage of leaving Temperance feeling as though she was constantly rendering Blythe dumb with her words of wisdom and encouragement.Temperance Fairchild in Messiah
— Nominate a quote —
Featured Stamp
See your character from sorting through graduation by completing at least one post each year (10+ posts, 3+ yours) and participating in the initial sorting ceremony.
>
<

Closed Curtains
Private 
August 5th, 1889 — Whitledge Home, Wellingtonshire
@Sweetie Whitledge
Sweetie was coming home.

He never imagined allowing, let alone welcoming, his estranged sister back into the family home after their falling out two years prior, but it seemed almost natural after the loss of Pumpkin. He considered the possibility that his anger towards her was waning, but quickly decided he must simply be wanting to fill the empty space in his home and his heart following their sister's death.

"The maids are getting your things situated," he said tensely, glancing up at her from his feet. They stood a solid five feet apart in the parlor that he knew would seem foreign to her. How many times had she came in without his knowledge while he worked? How many days had she spent lounging in Darling's bedroom, listening for his footsteps so she'd know when to flee? He didn't know, and he wouldn't ask.

It was sad that they were meeting like this: both donning black in a room darkened by unopened curtains. He didn't know what to say to her, as 'How have you been?' didn't seem right given the circumstances.

"I hope you're able to make yourself comfortable before you return to school," he said after a long, drawn-out moment of silence.

this MJ set has killed me and sent me straight to heaven
Post Log

What was she even doing? How would this help her to feel better about what had happened? One could say that she was still in a state of shock. She had seen the murderer of her sister, standing right over Pumpkin's dead body. It was rattling to say the least. And what did her brother truly think of her being back?

She nodded with a sort of numbness. How many times had she really been in this parlor? Avoiding Handsome and their grandmother, she had hidden in her room more times than not. And her sisters, the ones willing to visit anyway, would meet her at uncle's house during Handsome's work hours at times. It had been too hard for her to come back. Not without being welcomed in.

Their situation truly was a tragic one. Separated by anger, while in and out of mourning on practically a periodic basis. And now here they were, once more in mourning. Once more together. But she had been put through mourning their grandmother without her siblings. Even after the fog was gone. And that did sting. But she would not bring it up, if she could help it.

"Indeed. Plenty of studying to do." For her animagus training, really. Her other studies would not take as long, in her opinion.

It struck Handsome that he'd missed most of Sweetie's sixth year, and had yet to even hear from her own mouth what courses she'd decided to take. Knowing Sweetie, she would have taken as many NEWT classes as her grades and time would afford her—but still, he could not name but one class that she had to study for.

"I..." he began hesitantly, shifting his gaze upwards to make eye contact with her for the first time. "I hope school has treated you well. How many... How many courses are you taking?" Small talk was usually never a problem, let alone with his own siblings, but Sweetie didn't feel like a stranger nor a family member anyone. She was a memory—one of a girl he used to know, and used to hate, but whose presence offered him more comfort than he could admit.

Post Log

Did he know her at all anymore? How much had she changed? How much had he changed? Perhaps they were strangers. Both of them avoided each other. He had kicked her out just after their grandmother had died. Was he the same? Would he do such a thing as the same young man.

Eye contact. How comfortable was she with that? Perhaps not as comfortable as she should be. "Seven. Safest bet into getting an unspeakable position at the Ministry." What was he to her? Really? Were they even siblings? Outside of blood, she wasn't sure. She felt that she should add, "I'm studying to become an animagus."

MJ made Magic

Sweetie prefers to go by the more proper name of Rachel, and your character may know this.
Daisypath Vacation tickersDaisypath Graduation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Seven courses. That's one more than he'd taken as a NEWT-level student. Unlike Sweetie, Handsome had no clear career goals outside of working; while she'd wanted to be an unspeakable for, well, forever, he'd gone from quidditch to the Ministry, and there was no guarantee he would stay in his current place. They really were polar opposites.

"That's a lot on your plate," was all he could say at first. It had been too long since he'd spoken to his sister without a tone of judgment, yet this was a conversation where he was in no place to judge her. She'd always exceeded in academics where he hadn't, though he would never admit such a thing aloud. "Have you tried yet? Transforming, I mean?"

Post Log

Goals were something that helped Sweetie all of her life. Helped her deal with loss, helped her get done whatever needed to be done. It never really did seem like any of her other siblings were as goal oriented. Which was a crying shame. But what could she do for them in the long run.

"I am studying hard. That is what I do most of the time." It was a daily routine, really. What would she do outside of work? Likely find something else to study about. Or maybe get the courage to husband hunt. Who knew. "No. One can only try once." If she had failed, it would likely be noticable in some way. And success might have had some light brought to her eyes.

MJ made Magic

Sweetie prefers to go by the more proper name of Rachel, and your character may know this.
Daisypath Vacation tickersDaisypath Graduation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers