Cbox
Chat
UPDATES
Did you know?
Character faces can be temporarily locked. You can "immortalize" yours for 3 months at 75 posts, and 6 months at 200! — Kayte ( Submit your own)
Featured Adoptable

Julius Scrimgeour for Bella Scrimgeour.
The answer to the question "What happens when your family's reputation is a disaster?"
Her niece's humility was an admirable thing and had the added advantage of leaving Temperance feeling as though she was constantly rendering Blythe dumb with her words of wisdom and encouragement.Temperance Fairchild in Messiah
— Nominate a quote —
Featured Stamp
Post at least once with the same character every day for a month.
>
<

Doctor, Doctor, Gimme the News
Private 
July 19th, 1889 — Potions & Plant Poisoning Ward, Hogsmeade Hospital

The longer the trip home had stretched on, the more Ophelia had been looking forward to getting home. For all of the obvious reasons, of course: she missed her husband; she wanted a hot bath; she wanted a change of clothes quite desperately; she was eager for the comforts of familiar food and drink. The last particularly. One slightly more unconventional reason she was eager to return was that she had made up her mind several days ago to seek medical attention after arriving in England. The Mongolian food had unsettled her stomach and even days later she was not up to eating a full meal and keeping it down. Since a foreign body had caused this upset, she was reluctant to let any foreign healers near her — she wanted a normal, English examination and remedy. And she wanted it quickly — she arranged via letter to move her canceled party from the previous month up to a few days after her arrival, and she needed to be back in perfect color by then.

"They had this awful broth thing they offered us," Ophelia told the healer, continuing her narration of the events that had led to this illness. "Just the smell of it was enough to make me feel off, but it was the only thing to eat so I took some of it. I've been nauseous ever since. I can hardly eat anything except crackers and bread, things like that."