Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Open
a touch of class
Arven saw more than a glimmer of interest in the young man’s eyes as he painted a mental picture of Petra. ”Some wish and don’t do”, he observed slowly, having known plenty of high-born people who’d whittled away their youths in a state of yearning.

”But I think I see you as a doer.”

[Image: virgil-sig.jpg]
Robin nodded in agreement when the other man said that some people were wished and did not do. When the man said that he saw him as a doer. Which was true enough in a lot of aspects. Robin had grown tired of always being locked away like a shameful secret so he had done something about it. "It would certainly be a new type of adventure," he said in thought.

“A new type of adventure” seemed to imply there were other types of adventure with which this one was familiar. Curious, Arven took the liberty of asking: ”And what would be a typical adventure, to you?”

"Well, being out here instead of at home is already an adventure of sorts," Robin said with a shrug. "Meeting new people is also an adventure all on its own. People are so unique."

"Aren't they just", Arven agreed in turn, a faint frown on his brow as he regarded the young man. Unique was precisely the word he'd use for this one. This haughty stranger, this young gentleman who was somehow prettier than most women Arven knew.

"So how was your ball", he asked conversationally, nodding back towards the imperial-looking building from which sundry aristocratic sorts had sauntered. They were all gone now, and the candles within were blown out.

"It was all right, I suppose," Robin said with a shrug. "These things tend to be a dime, a dozen. But sometimes there's some overzealous socialite that goes all out. This was not one of those."

Evidently the young man was an adventurer through and through; just one of a very different kind to Arven. He smiled slightly at the indignation over experiencing such a "normal" ball.

"Even the humblest ball seems ostentatious to me, and really rather dull. But I suppose if there were adventure to be found at such a party, you'd be the one to find it. After all — you found me." Nobody else leaving the event had so much as noticed him.

"So you would find it dull even if a lady whose beauty rivalled that of Aphrodite herself made eyes at you?" He couldn't help but ask in amusement. Not that Robin was also the sort to find such a thing entertaining. He personally did not take physical appearances into consideration very much considering his own appearance and even gender change according to his whims.

"You consider yourself an adventure? I, too, aspire to one day feel as such about my own self."

Arven quirked a brow. Considering himself an adventure sounded rather arrogant; he supposed he could be arrogant from time to time, but really what he'd meant was that others sometimes considered him an adventure. A mountain to be scaled. But that was not really for him to say, and to brag was to bore.

"I've never attended a ball where an Aphrodite of any kind has been present", he admitted, "so you may well be right; life is what you make of it, and if I close myself to an entire ilk of event then I close myself to opportunity. So... given your encouragement, should I suppose that you are able to procure me an invitation to the next high-class soirée?" he asked roguishly.

"Of course. If not, I could sneak you in - like a bandit smuggling his goods into the caverns," Robin said. For most of the time, he simply showed up himself without having been directly invited. But most of the time events were open to anyone with flowing pockets. At least, as far as he could tell.

// i figure we could start fading this out so we can focus on our other, newer thread? <3

Good thinking. ^___^

Arven chuckled at this. "I'll take that option", he agreed jokingly with the latter idea; though Arven was less a piece of precious cargo and more inclined to play the role of the bandit.

The unlikely pair continued with this line of light-hearted banter, lit only by the streetlight, until their surroundings grew quiet enough to part ways and join the sleepy silence of the night.

Arven had no way of knowing that this encounter was a fateful one.

-fade out-

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Clue Leverett
September 29, 2019 – 5:06 PM
View a Printable Version