Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

the kids are alright
    http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc48...ssius1.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; width:400px; height: 350px; border:1px solid #333333;">

Cassius Lestrange
    :I feel like, I would like to be somewhere else doing something that matters and I'll admit here, while I sit here my mind wastes away and my doubts start to gather

While Cassius had half a mind to panic about his OWL results, it would be forever until he got those, so he was far more preoccupied with enjoying his vacation. He didn't get to see Eli nearly as much, but had hopes for a rendezvous later. He still hadn't gotten a new practice snitch, and the broken one was living under his bed with his cat. He was fairly certain she had claimed it.

He was also mostly certain that he didn't know where Aelius was. He had woken up, gotten dressed, checked in her Usual Haunts, and started looking frantically. (After all, Tib still lived in the house, and Cash still didn't trust him.) "BUCKET!" he shouted, probably startling whoever had the misfortune to be around him. "BUCKET!"

With a crack, a house elf that had been alive since Cash was born arrived in his bedroom. "Yes, Master Cassius?" he asked with a bow. "Have you seen my cat?" Cash asked.

'No," the elf replied with a visible eye twitch. "Would you like me to retrive it?" the elf asked. Cash shrugged. "No, Bucket," he said, "I'll find her myself." He had a sneaking suspicion that the elves were terrified of his cat.

Cash slipped out of his room and shimmied down the stairs. He entered the dining room and peaked around. He grabbed a roll and apple and made to leave, almost walking into someone. He stepped backwards and sat down, trying to pretend he had been intending on that in the first place.

"Good morning, Mother," he said. "How are you feeling?" Just because he described Alexandria as 'not talking' didn't mean he wouldn't try.

I just moved to a new country! [Image: mThvFq.png]
    set by MJ!

[Image: 11shy53.gif][Image: 16204dv.gif]
    Pretty is as pretty does

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu330...back-1.jpg); border: 6px solid #8c6880; padding: 20px;">

Alexandria Lestrange was normally an early riser. Not the earliest that rose to see the break of dawn but early enough that she was never late for breakfast. The few odd occasions that she had been, each had their own legitimate and proper reasons as to why such as illness. On this occasion, however, Andria was not ill and nor did she have any other reason to be tardy for the first meal of the day.

Not expecting to see anyone in the dining room already - and certainly not Cassius - she was quite taken aback to see the room occupied already. Andria rarely spoke to her youngest son and she certainly couldn't claim that their relationship was particularly close but it wasn't hostile either. "Good morning, Cassius!" she greeted, a slight hint of surprise in her voice that broke the otherwise emotionless tone of speaking she usually used. "I am feeling well, thank you. How are you?" Alexandria had something of a talent for small talk and useless, mind-numbing conversation such as she was currently exhibiting.

"It looks as though today we shall have pleasant weather," she remarked vaguely, glancing out the window briefly before taking her seat at the table.

Tag: Cassius Outfit Words: 204

created by kay of caution and sds
    http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc48...ssius1.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; width:400px; height: 350px; border:1px solid #333333;">

Cassius Lestrange
    :I feel like, I would like to be somewhere else doing something that matters and I'll admit here, while I sit here my mind wastes away and my doubts start to gather

Cash nibbled his apple and came to a conclusion. It wasn't that Alexandria didn't talk, it was just that he had an incredibly difficult time listening to her when she did. "That's good, Mother," he said automatically, taking a sip of water. "I am also feeling well - my cat has vanished again, but I believe she will turn up soon." Aelius really just didn't like the Lestrange house when they first returned. She would have adapted soon and emerge from wherever it was she went when she was peeved with the planet.

He looked out the window. "Yes," he said, "a good day for flying, as well." Maybe he'd go out and practice later - he hadn't done that much since winning the cup. Practicing quidditch at school after the season was over was just plain depressing. The weeks following the final often involved Cassius making trouble with Judy Hatchitt - he didn't do well with boredom.

"Do you have any plans for the day, mother?" he asked, figuring she was doing Respectable Boring Lady things. He wondered how Alexandria - and people like her - stood it. He would have asked Ellory or Judy, but neither of them were exactly respectable ladies either.

Maybe Rosalind would know, if he remembered next time he saw her.

set by MJ!

Pretty is as pretty does

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu330...back-1.jpg); border: 6px solid #8c6880; padding: 20px;">

Andria smiled rather insipidly at her youngest son as he spoke of his cat, not much going through her mind as she did. She was a woman of few thoughts and even less ambition, things would flow steadily through her mind and she would take minimal notice of it all, preferring the mind-numbing oblivion of just not thinking at all and to her it was incredibly easy and nothing short of second nature.

"Quidditch always seemed such a rough sport to me..." she murmured vacantly, looking out the window still as though it held something of great interest to her. "I never played it, you know. My mother would never let me on a broom in case I were to fall and break my nose..." She finally seemed content with her staring out the window and returned her gaze to her son.

"I think I shall sew today," she replied in much the same airy fairy tone she had been using during her window gazing. It wasn't wholly unusual for her at all to suddenly become exceedingly softly spoken, as though afraid her syllables would harm some more creature if they were any louder or crisper. "Have you written to Miss Prewett yet?" she suddenly asked, fixing him with a genuinely curious stare as opposed to an 'I see you but I'm looking through you' kind of stare.

Tag: Cassius Outfit Words: 228

Cassius Lestrange

"Oh," he said, a Cash-word for 'I hear you but I also have no idea why I'm having a really hard time caring.' He didn't get why women weren't allowed on brooms - of course, the sport of Quidditch was a different case entirely, but brooms themselves were fine. Although, had he been his grandmother, he never would have allowed Andria on a broom. She did seem like the sort of person to fall off and kill herself.

"Sewing? That's interesting." No it wasn't. He took a bite from his apple, chewed, swallowed, gave her a confused look. The only Miss Prewett he knew of was the prefect for his year, the one who seemed like she had a stick stuck up her arse.

"The prefect? No.... why?" he asked, meeting her suddenly more-focused lookint eyes. Did Alexandria find out about his participation in the End of Year Prank, and think Fiona Prewett would get him out of the punishment? Even if she had that much power, he doubted that she would have helped him out. Chace would have been a better option.

set by MJ!

Pretty is as pretty does

Andria was perfectly oblivious to her son's disinterest for to her, every aspect of her life was perfectly interesting. She found it very easy to be content with her lot in life for the most part; she had friends, she had a wealthy and well-respected husband, she had children of both genders, she wasn't beaten or mistreated... Yes, it was a very decent life. It wasn't particularly thrilling or unusual, but it worked just fine for her as such.

She blinked vacantly as she noted the confusion on her son's face. It didn't occur to her that he may not be informed, she merely assumed his father had not told him that it was nice for a young man to write to his betrothed. Why he would suggest the older Prewett girl was beyond Andria. "Why Miss Faline Prewett, of course," she corrected lightly, as though his mistake was an incredibly silly thing to do. She then proceeded to continue on, still without a doubt in her mind that Cassius would know just what she was talking about. "You may as well start getting to know her and girls do so love it when their betrothed writes to them. Your father wrote to me on one occasion, you know, it was quite exciting. He never wrote again but I should have appreciated it just as much had he done so."

Tag: Cassius Outfit Words: 230

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc48...banner.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; width:374px; height: 350px; border:1px solid #091729;">

Cash Lestrange
    And I'm racking my brain for a new improved way

To let you know you're more to me than what I know how to say

You're OK with the way this is going to be

This is going to be the best thing we've ever seen

Cash stared at his mother, more and more baffled every second. Faline Prewett, what the hell? Betrothals? Had Alexandria Lestrange finally lost her mind? Had Tiberius struck yet again? Cash spent a moment trying to figure out a way to blame Tib for his mother's crazytalk and failed. "I'm sure it was," he said absently, mind running through the options until finally he settled on asking his mother what she had meant - which really should have been his first try, but she sounded so crazy that he hadn't considered it until now.

"Faline Prewett? Betrothal? What?" Cassius asked, leaning back in his chair and frowning at her. Maybe the Lestrange family should publish a family news bulletin, he thought. 'Valeria is in a tizzy, Tiberius is an annoying twat. More on Wednesday.' Yeah, that would be great.

The idea that it was his betrothal hadn't yet occurred to him. Perhaps Cash was in total denial of it, even though the answer was right in her words. He was, after all, in love with someone already, a boy someone, and it wasn't like he could be betrothed to a male. Alternately, maybe it just hadn't come to him because he was so certain someone would have told him already. Apparently he was wrong. Thanks, Mom and Dad.

------
    Tag: Lestranges Outfit: N/A Notes: cash you are an idiot all the time
    set by MJ!

Pretty is as pretty does

Andria had made the assumption that Cash's betrothal was common knowledge to everyone one in the house, particularly him but apparently Lucius had neglected to pass on that insignificant piece of information to his son as Andria was to find out soon enough.

"Your betrothal to Miss Faline Prewett..." she repeated as though it were the only thing she knew and she thought that he had simply managed to forget it somehow. "She's very young right now but you might find her to be very pretty in a few years time, don't you think?" She continued on as though he would simply remember the small matter of his eventual wife, it had not yet occurred to Andria, oh so tactful as she was, that her son might be hearing about the arrangement for the first time.

"You never know, you might become very fond of her in time... Perhaps not love but you might find you rather enjoy her company..." she trailed on with her blathering that most people would be hard pressed to listen to without wanting to either fall asleep, leave the room or tell her to shut her intolerable trap. "The Prewetts are a good family, though perhaps a little too orange..." she pondered faintly, not even sounding interested in her own speech.

Tag: Cassius Outfit Words: 216

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc48...banner.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; width:374px; height: 350px; border:1px solid #091729;">

Cash Lestrange

Betrothal. Faline Prewett. Click went the pieces of the puzzle. Cash paled drastically. He couldn't be betrothed. He wasn't attracted to girls. He didn't want to be married ever. (If Cash had time to think on this, he would have thought it a good thing that he had at least several years. But he was entirely shocked by the news.)

"Yes," he said softly, tilting his head. He was betrothed. It was okay. (No it wasn't. Nope. Not at all.) "I think that could be possible," he continued, still in a bit of monotone. He was betrothed. Betrothed. Cassius had half a mind to throw a massive tantrum, but being physically restrained by servants was not on his to-do list for the day.

"They are very redhead," he said. "And all of their names start with F, did you know that?" He was not doing that alphabet weirdness with his kids. If he had kids. Damnit, he didn't want kids! (Okay, so kids weren't that bad, but he didn't want his kids to be a thing. Because they had to come from somewhere, and procreating with women wasn't really a thing Cash wanted to do. Ever.)

Maybe, he wished, Faline would end up being a hussy and they'd have to find an even younger betrothed, give him even more time.

------
    Tag: Andria Outfit: N/A Notes: cash you are an idiot all the time
    set by MJ!

Pretty is as pretty does

Andria watched her youngest son with very little understanding of what was actually going through his mind. "I'm sure she won't hold it against you that you haven't written to her yet, you can still make a good impression on her." She had wrongly assumed that her son was concerned that he had left it too late to write to the young Prewett girl rather than the reality which was that he had no wish to marry.

"Very red," she agreed. "Red hair isn't all bad though, I hear it's not guaranteed that a red haired girl will have red haired children so you may not have to worry about your many children having violent shades of red hair. They shall probably have darker hair I would think... Dark haired children look much nicer than red haired, don't you think? I know you shall have pretty children, you needn't worry." Andria thought she was doing him a favor and reassuring him like a good mother ought to but it was very likely that she was doing the opposite without even realizing.

"I only Claudius and yourself were girls, I should like arranging your weddings... Can you see it? Roses of the deepest scarlet... Baby's Breath... Lily of the Valley... It would smell like an enchanted garden..." She rather liked the mental image she had in her mind though there were admittedly a lot of flowers.

Tag: Cassius Outfit Words: 235

Cash Lestrange

Oh, boy! A good impression! Just what he wanted from the small child who was going to ruin his life. Maybe Cassius was being a little bit melodramatic - okay, yes, he was being very melodramatic. But a betrothal! He was going to have to get married, now that was actually concrete... And he didn't know if she would be smart enough to figure out his... desires, either. This sucked.

Cash himself had a thing for blonds, (and also men,) but he nodded along anyways. Children, though. He was going to have to have children with a woman; and that was plural because he needed at least two sons to secure the succession. Oh, Merlin. He didn't want to have kids - sure, he had already thought of that, but Andria had just made it worse. Oh Merlin, oh Merlin, oh Merlin....

His mother was apparently now talking about planning his and Claude's wedding. Cash was effectively brought down from his near-panic. "I think Claude would look good in a purple wedding dress, if he had been a girl," Cash said, stifling a grin. He was still betrothed, but now he was imagining Claude in a wedding dress. "At least you'll get to plan Valeria, Cornelia, and Seneca's weddings?" Would she? Cash didn't know anything about weddings, but he assumed based on her comments that she would.... maybe..... Oh, Merlin, he was betrothed.

------
    Tag: Andria Outfit: N/A Notes: cash you are an idiot all the time
    set by MJ!

Pretty is as pretty does

A confused, almost dazed look formed on Andria's face at Cash's joke about Claude. The majority of humorous instances were copmletely lost on Andria, not for lack of a sense of humor but simply because she hadn't the intellect to catch on fast enough to find anything funny. "But Claudius is not girl..." she mumbled dumbly, blinking a few times as still didn't understand what he had been aiming to achieve with his remark. "He would look a little ridiculous in a dress..." She still hadn't a clue.

The prospect of arranging a marriage for her daughters, however, was by far a more interesting thought to her and certainly more within her range of comprehension. "They shall be the most ornate and talked about weddings of the century!" she announced dreamily, a faint grin on her face at the thought of it. She would be most disappointed if there were some impediment to stop her from having the chance to meddle with her daughters' future and inevitable wedding plans.

"I can only imagine how very excited you must be, I know I was most satisfied to hear the news of my betrothal to your father. It was very pleasing." Andria sounded as unexcited and dispassionate as she always did, even on the subject of her own betrothal.

Tag: Cassius Outfit Words: 217

Cash Lestrange

Cash grinned as his mother missed the joke about Claude. Perhaps it was a Ravenclaw thing, or perhaps it was just him, but he liked outsmarting people - particularly people he wasn't overly fond of. It wasn't that Cash didn't like his mother, it was just that, well... She talked so much about so little that he sometimes forgot she existed. "I bet they'll be splendid," Cash said. Although... Unless Valeria was marrying Tiberius - he resisted the urge to feign vomiting - he doubted that she would be very excited to be married. And if she was marrying Tiberius, than Cash was going to stab himself in the leg for an excuse to miss the festivities. At least Alexandria seemed to fear his cousin. Cash hoped that would help to spare him. "I'm very pleased," Cash lied, sounding just as uninterested as she did. Perhaps he would go travelling for several years after leaving school, pretend he was dead so that Miss Prewett had to have a new marriage arranged.... No, that would be too complicated. And he liked this country. "Mother," Cash tested, "How old is Miss Faline Prewett?" He at least wanted to know how long he had to prepare for this madness, and had just realized that he did not know his 'execution' date yet.
    ------
    set by MJ!

Pretty is as pretty does

Andria's thoughts drifted off lazily in the direction of flowers, their meanings, pastel colors, silks and satins and all other things related to weddings that she liked to think about. Pretty thoughts that weren't overly complicated or troublesome. She was so immersed in this train of thought that she almost missed Cash's question altogether. "Miss Prewett?" she repeated, sounding confused as to whom he was talking about. "Oh! Miss Faline Prewett, your betrothed?" she exclaimed suddenly, realizing whom he had been referring to. "I believe she is twelve years old and in will be in her second year at Hogwarts. I think she's a Hufflepuff... Or was it Ravenclaw...? Then again, something tells me she's in Gryffindor..."

She pondered on the thought of what house the girl was in for a while, a light frown tugging at her brow as she tried very hard to figure it out. "Most of the Prewetts are in Gryffindor, are they not? I think they are... She must be a Gryffindor then..." In all honesty she still wasn't sure. "Anyhow, she's in one of the houses at least, I know that for sure. They haven't added a fifth house lately, have they?"

Tag: Cassius Outfit Words: 198

Cash Lestrange

She was twelve - so he had five years. That was, Cash decided, not long enough. As far as houses went, Alexandria was unhelpful. Cash did not find himself very surprised by this - perhaps he'd have to do some snooping around later. He hoped that the Prewett girl was not with him in Ravenclaw, if only because that would make avoiding her later much harder. (As well as keeping her and Eli from ever meeting, which was something Cassius definitely wanted to do.)

"No, they haven't," Cash replied, "I don't think they can anyways. Tradition, and all that." He sat for another second before deciding it was time to flee this encounter. "Mother," Cash said, "I have to go do - homework, now. I suppose I'll see you later?" He stood up, nodded, and walked out.

Well. This was awful.
    ------
    set by MJ!

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      Big Kids Don't Cry Benji Lee 17 1,763 12-07-2012, 02:57 PM
    Last Post: Kenton Gallivan