Chat
Cbox
Charming
Did you know?

Victorians could hire 'professional mourners' to attend their loved one's funeral. These people would partake in the procession and were not allowed to speak, just look awfully sad! — Rune

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

"The Prodigal Sister" for Ophelia Devine. Faked deaths, scandal, and schemes!
Kristoffer was going to be great at this, because he was great at everything. Also his memory was greater than everyone else's, because he bet no one else had ever lost their virginity somewhere exotic like Morocco. Hell, he bet no one else had even lost their virginity. Inexperienced losers.

Kristoffer Lestrange in Shining, Shimmering Splendour

— Nominate a quote —
Migration Stamp

Survive a forum move! Claim by linking to one post prior to the move, and one post after the move. They can be no more than one month apart.

<
>

Dillydallying
Private 
Great Hall - March 7th, 1888
Daffy had just come from a morning spent in the greenhouses, after her classes of course, which were far fewer now as a seventh year. It gave her plenty of time to spend in her favorite spot on the grounds however, so she wasn't exactly complaining. By now lunch was nearly over and Daffy was a mess, dirt smudged on her cheek and dress, though she had thoroughly scrubbed her hands upon coming up to the castle for something to eat.

With an airy bounce to her step and a small potted iris in her hands, tied neatly with a little red bow, Daffy wondered if she could catch Hope in at the Gryffindor table. During her musings in the greenhouse, Daff had spotted her irises starting to sprout and thought her friend would like one. It was also amusing to the Ravenclaw that one of the many means for irises in the language of flowers was in fact, hope.

Upon entering the Hall, Daff looked around to see if she could spot the blond hair of her tiny friend at the long tables, though even with her height, wasn't seeing her right away. It wasn't a big deal, the plant would easily be fine in the pot for a while yet, but Daff wanted to do it while she was thinking about it.

Hope Crawford

“I don't care if I sing off key,
I find myself in my melodies.”

deep quote code by Soph ♥
Hope was looking forward to a tasty lunch after a morning of classes. She had mainly kept the courses she enjoyed but that didn't make them any less tiring and appetite provoking for a girl! She had enjoyed the most delicious bowl of soup and bread. Her tummy was certainly happy with her food choices.

As she stood and moved to exit the Great Hall, she saw that a friend of hers had just come in with a potted plant in her hands. Ever the curious one, she made her way over to the Ravenclaw. "Ooh, have one of your plots began sprouting?" She asked curiously now that she had a closer look at what the brunette had in her hands.

Set by MJ!
"Oh! There you are!" Daffy beamed dreamily. How handy her friend had managed to find her instead! "My irises, I thought you would like some." Daff had set up the pot so that the flowers could remain there or be replanted if Hope decided to split them or put them in her own plot in the greenhouses.

"Last year the colors were so pretty, some of my bulbs needed to be split I had so many." It had been quite the bloom just as she'd been heading home last spring. After this year she had no idea what would happen to her plot, though she supposed she could speak with Professor Skeeter about taking some of it home; it wasn't like the greenhouses of her family shop were lacking in space for them or anything. The more magical plants would have to stay and become residents of the greenhouses, but she could easily bring some home with her!

“I don't care if I sing off key,
I find myself in my melodies.”

deep quote code by Soph ♥