Cbox
Chat
UPDATES
Did you know?
The Language of the Flowers was a popular method to express feelings where words might be improper, but did you know other means of doing so? Some ladies used their parasols, as well as their fans, gloves, and hankies to flirt with a gentleman (or alternatively, tell them to shove it!). — Bree ( Submit your own)
Featured Adoptable

Brigit Langley for Fletcher Langley.
The Matchmaking Menace
This boy, then. He wasn't new. Wasn't one of the worst people in the common room, those rotten rich boys - like Mr. Jailkeeper - who could not fathom a world beyond their own farts. Was a good working class lad, so he'd heard. Had a bit of a weird looking face, and a bit of a weird thing for preaching. Still.Aubrey Davis in The Under-Sofa
— Nominate a quote —
Featured Stamp
Post 3+ times in three or more class threads during the course of a school year. Must all be done with the same character, be they a professor, student, or school portrait or ghost!
>
<

Lions, Tigers and Bears
Open 
March 1st, 1889 — Podmore Zoological Gardens
The zoo had quickly become one of Pablo's favorite places to frequent. He hadn't been sure of it as a concept when he had first been told about it. But after seeing how well the creatures were kept, it had wormed its way into his heart. Especially when you considered the fact that a lot of them would not know how to function in the wild if they were to be rereleased.

He was in the petting zoo area of the zoo, petting the fur of one of the goats that seemed to greatly favor him. It definitely always came to greet him whenever he came to visit. As he spent time with the goats, the one goat bleated rather aggressively to someone behind him.
Conall had become no stranger to the zoo since he had been in Irvingly, notwithstanding his more recent avoidance of her daughter and her fiancé. It had been easy enough to avoid the birds and still visit the creatures. He had some old friends and some new, between some of the specimens (a mixture of magical and muggle species) shipped over from the Amazon, for rehabilitation as much as study, and the wide variety of animals the zoo was already home to.

He had just been passing the petting zoo on his way to the reptile house, and the horned serpent he'd rescued and brought over from the rainforest, when one of the billies spotted him, and bleated. Conall gave an amused snort, and then stopped in his tracks just to bleat back at the goat, rather loudly. It was only after he'd done so that he noticed there was a man in there petting them.

Oh. Conall pulled a face, and then opened his mouth to explain himself, a little resigned. "He's resented me since the day I stopped him eating my lunch, that one," he called over, trying to suppress his fondness for the greedy little bastard.

The man who had bleated was one that definitely did not look like the sort of man one would expect to find bleating back at goats. It was amusing, mostly. And he was glad to see that there were others that simply palled around with the animals rather than treating them like mere attractions.

"Has he?" He asked in amusement as he gave the goat a nice pet. "He always comes to greet me so obviously has a great memory for faces," he commented. Indeed, it seemed the goat knew he was being discussed with how it was now pretty much prancing and preening.
He felt a niggling sense that this man had been seen around the zoo a time or a few before - he must do, given what he was saying - but Conall, unlike the goat in question, didn't concern himself much with remembering faces.

(Human faces, anyway. Or human names, for that matter. Or... well, you got the gist.)

Conall ambled forwards, only another step or two, watching the goat in interest. "No wonder he likes you," Conall said, joking gruffly, entirely unsurprised that the goat enjoyed the attention. "All that scratching his back - and never mind his ego." He shook his head in poorly feigned disapproval, pleased that the goats did get the attention they deserved, amongst a cluster of more unusual species.

Pablo chuckled at the mans words. "From what I've seen since discovering this zoo is that most people neglect them for the more magical critters. Poor little buggers," Pablo commented. He also was fascinated by their magical species as well - who wouldn't be? - but he really did enjoy animals of all kinds. Looking up at the other man "My name is Pablo Medina. I'm a magizoologist so of course I had to check out the zoo. Quickly became a frequent haunt."