Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

I Am Gonna Make It Through This Year If It Kills Me
    Merlin! Turn her in! The phrase sounded so callous and harsh, and Ophelia felt almost physically afflicted by the words as she heard them. The image conjured by Armando's sentence was so frantically dour that Ophelia would have agreed to just about any changes in order to avoid what had sprung up in her mind.

"Yes, yes," she agreed quickly, nodding despite her continuing tears. "I will. Charity. I will."
    He wasn't sure whether to trust her suddeny contriteness but he didn't have much choice at that moment. "Go clean yourself up in one of the spare rooms." He stared transfixed at the Chief Warlock's body. What he was going to do, he still didn't know but the whole thing was making him incredibly uneasy. It was a good thing he hadn't had dinner yet or he'd surely be suffering from a severe case of indigestion.
    The word go washed over her with a wave of relief. Ophelia did not need to be told twice, though it did take her a moment to collect herself enough to get up off of the floor and leave the room. Even though it was hers, she could not imagine going back there for anything--but she supposed she would have to, because she lived there. It would be suspicious if she were to suddenly switch to a spare bedroom. Merlin, she would have to go back even sooner in order to get ready for the party tonight.

She still had to go to a party tonight. The idea of socialization had never so much distressed her as in that moment. Upon reaching the spare room, Ophelia laid down on the bed and broke into unfettered sobs. Her life, as she knew it, was over.

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
    Private Thread You're Gonna Be a Star Eva Sleptova 15 544 11-05-2017, 01:23 PM
    Last Post: Severina Restell
    Private Thread Let's Make A Deal Tiberius Lestrange 16 556 10-09-2017, 06:06 PM
    Last Post: Tiberius Lestrange
    Private Thread If It Kills Me Tiberius Lestrange 18 660 10-06-2017, 11:52 PM
    Last Post: Tiberius Lestrange
    Private Thread Nothing's Gonna Hurt You Baby Eva Sleptova 17 616 08-04-2017, 07:46 AM
    Last Post: Frederick Humphrey-Mavis
    Private Thread Make It Official Balthazar Urquart 14 869 07-09-2017, 10:25 AM
    Last Post: Balthazar Urquart