Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

Keene Promoted
    DECEMBER 26TH 1887
    KEENE PROMOTED

HEALER-IN-CHARGE ASCENDS TO HOSPITAL DIRECTOR AT HOGSMEADE HOSPITAL

E arlier this week, the Daily Prophet was informed that Mr. Baxter Keene, healer-in-charge of Artifact Incidents at Hogsmeade Hospital, has been promoted to Hospital Director following the resignation of the former director. Mr. Keene sat down with reporters to talk abou this promotion, what it meant to him, and how he plans to move the hospital forward as he takes charge.

I. The Daily Prophet would first like to congratulate you on your promotion to Hospital Director! What was your first reaction when you found out?

Thank you, it is an honor I intend to take very seriously. With the position recently vacated, there was a lot of curiosity about who would take over, if there would be a promotion or an outside hire. There was clearly tough competition among the department heads, and I feel like any of us would have made an excellent director. With many years of experience between all of us, the hospital itself is in good hands.

II. It's commonly known that you've been working at the Hogsmeade Hospital since it opened, and at St. Mungo's beforehand. What inspired you to pursue the path of healing?

My father passed away around the time that I started at Hogwarts and as the eldest of my siblings it was expected of me to step up and help out. I never found myself resentful or bitter about

that fact and I feel like that shaped how I viewed helping those around me. The field itself is also demanding and ever-changing. I like the intellectual challenge and the fact that every day is different, it is certainly never boring.

III. What changes or improvements do you hope to bring to Hogsmeade's Hospital system? Alternatively, what would you like to see continue as you move forward?

Honestly, I first need to find myself improving in certain aspects. I need to spend time in each ward to learn how they run and how we can streamline our cooperation between wards. Being able to work cohesively as an entire hospital, rather than individual units will benefit everyone in the long run. We will continue to run professional development courses and lectures in order to help our healers maintain a sharp eye and be updated with the most recent knowledge of the field.

The hospital is a living, breathing entity that we need to keep functioning as maximum performance and it takes all involved in the running of the building to keep ourselves running efficiently.

IV. What are your immediate plans as the new Hospital Director?

Immediately, I plan to work on my own personal knowledge of the wards, the healers and everyone else that I will be working with from here on out. I feel that there is still a lot to learn, despite my years in the field, and I am always open to new opportunities to improve. Once I've gotten my feet wet, we'll see what happens from there.

AUTHOR: FIDELIA SPILLER

Template created by ASHOO! of Caution 2.0 and edited by Shante of Charming.

written by Bree & Bee

WANT TO WRITE FOR THE PROPHET?
    CC Cassius Lestrange on all articles.