Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

A Vivid Dream, Nothing More {Kay's Plots}
    Open Thread 

Alexandra Elizabeth Seymore

Department of International Magical Cooperation: Translator

Background

She's a spunky little thing standing at 5 feet short and it would be a downright miracle if she landed a husband, let alone a suitor. Her appetite is legendary. She can put away more at a single meal than any one of her three elder brothers. Not that she brags about that, mind you. In fact, she's nearly always peaked from hunger. With that, she's got quite a bit of energy to spare. Not that she gets to expend it with a desk job and life as a lady of well breeding. Though, she would certainly put corsets and bustles in the aerobic category, given how long they take to put on. Sweet, charming, and all too innocent, this site may just eat her alive.

Friends

Only two years fresh from her education at Hogwarts, she's bound to still be in fairly decent touch with the lot of students in or around her year. Suggest away!

Enemies

She's really more the 'love thy enemy' sort. I think you'd have to murder one of her brothers to be considered persona non grata with her, and even then, I'm sure she'd find some form of redeemable quality. If you have suggestions, though... toss them out!

Lovers

She's had none. Literally... none. If you don't believe me, just read her fresh out of the charrie box thread with Rubeus Crouch. She's entirely inexperienced, though I'm sure there's plenty of lads looking to change that fact. Sorry ladies, I've never been able to get her to swing both ways. Which is a shame, considering how delectable same sex roleplays can be. Ah, well... have at her!

[-] The following 1 user Likes Alexandra Seymore's post:
       Annabelle Scrimgeour
    Hellooo, Kay! My name's Bree and I'm super glad you joined Charming! I'm almost always online (or I can be found through skype if I'm not lurking in the cbox!), so don't hesitate to hit me up if you want something. I have a few connections I can offer if you're up for them!

The most viable options are my girls that graduated around similar times to her and/or shared a house with her!

@Annabelle Scrimgeour is an UCPB who graduated a year after her, but they were both in Gryffindor! Bella can be a bit of a wild child sometimes, but it's more of a ~rebellious thing since she's angry at society since her disownment. She works at St. Mungo's and is waiting until healer internship season rolls around again so she can become a healer! She was raised as a lower class muggle after she was kidnapped as an infant, and has rejected pureblood and upper class elitism since being returned to her natal family, which basically led to her disownment. She's also my main account, so you can tag her in any PMs or any threads/replies we have together!

@Dionisia Tweedy is a LCMB who graduated in her year and was a Hufflepuff. She tends to be all #feminist and is very liberal on the political spectrum. She was disowned as well for being a witch by her muggle family and jumped around from family to family during her Hogwarts years until she graduated. She currently works as a healer at Hogsmeade Hospital. Despite being lower class, she was born into the middle class and associates with mostly middle class ladies!

@Tessa Darrow is a MCHB who graduated the year before Lexie and in Hufflepuff! Her father is the current deputy headmaster of Hogwarts and taught Ancient Studies for years (along with being the Hufflepuff head of house!), so Lexie probably knows her family name at least. She's a very sweet and down-to-Earth girl who tried being a debutante after school, but gave up and became a governess for the Ross family (with Mr. Ross being the newly-elected Minister of Magic!).

@Edgar Pomfrey would be familiar with her if she took NEWT-level Charms! He began teaching when she was a seventh year. He's a MCHB and is known for being a fairly friendly teacher. He could potentially do hurling with her, though it might be awkward if he taught her for a year.

@Tierney Walsh is a MCHB American who's studying magical creatures in Britian at the moment with his sister Una Walsh. He tends to very adventurous and likes having fun, though isn't necessarily improper. He's open for ~general hurling.

Hello Bree, a pleasure!

I like it all. Consider me in ^_^

@Annabelle Scrimgeour and Lexie: She would likely have been intimidated by Bella, but certainly not enough to shy away if she was ever invited to do anything less than prim and proper. I'd say she was her scapegoat for all things adventurous. Acquaintances, if not friends, for sure.

@Dionisia Tweedy and Lexie: Her political leanings probably made my do-gooder quite uncomfortable, but she never would have told her out loud. She would've simply raised a sisterly hand in feminist camaraderie and then peeled out of there the first chance she got xD I'd say acquaintances, friends, and a much needed example of the life she /could/ have, if she ever admitted to wanting it.

@Tessa Darrow and Lexie: I'd say these two are much more likely to be closer friends, simply based on the sweet aspect. She considered the path of governess, but decided travelling with the Ministry as a translator was just a touch more... alluring.

@Edgar Pomfrey and Lexie: I say let's awkward it up. She certainly took NEWT levels in Charms and although she was probably one of his better behaved students, it would be hilarious to watch her shift roles in regards to their interactions. She'll be terrible at it, just a heads up. Then again, I'm evil to my muses, so let the games begin!

@Tierney Walsh and Lexie: I'd imagine Tierney would have the same appeal as Bella, and she'd be drawn to his adventurous nature, her subconscious craving for it like a moth to an ill-advised hurler flame. Plotted!
    hey Kay!

I have a few options for you!

@Gemma Simpson would have been her roommate in school (grad 1886) so former Gryffindor and a MCHB. She played quidditch in school, contemplated being a translator herself because she loves languages, but ultimately stuck to what she is good at and became an apprentice herbologist! She's loud, spunky and aggressively friendly, so I feel like they may have gotten along!

@Nemo Fisk graduated a couple years ahead and was a Hufflepuff, but he works in the Ministry for the Muggle Liaison Office, so he's around! He's generally super awkward and she may intimidate him a little XD

@Quincey Honeyduke is my real only MC hurlable guy, he's the owner of Honeyduke's and is a goofy, oblivious workaholic, but hey, he's easy to find!
    words cannot describe this set by Stef ♥
    [Image: oTMsdz.gif]
    [Image: 2emz8zq.png]
    Wonderful!

I have a headcanon that Bella was far less loud while she was in school, partially because she had little reason to rebel. Hogwarts was her "safe place", unlike the Scrimgeour house where she was held to strict standards that she could never imagine meeting. She was far quieter (and a tad more insecure) while in school, though might have had the shock factor of being more independent-minded and outspoken, being willing to say things aloud that many other young ladies might not have been willing to. If you would like to, we could always do a past thread dated sometime while she was at school (I've always wanted to do one of those because it would better help me understand her mentality when she was a small thing!).

I would also love to thread Tessie with Lexie! Tessie is a very good friend and very supportive, and sees her role as her "place" at the moment. Marriage is always the end-goal, but she doesn't obsess over it as some might. She loves her family (especially her Papa!) very dearly, and is in no rush to get away from them. If you have any ideas, please let me know! Otherwise, we could have a thread on High Street where they're on a shopping trip?

Much like Bella, I feel Dionisia was empowered by adulthood and is much more bold about her statements nowadays than she might have been while at school. Back then, she relied on others to care for her (as she couldn't hold a full-time, well-paying job while getting her education), so she more conformed to their ideals. Since being capable of supporting herself, she's been much more open about her ~agenda.

I would say choose Tierney or Edgar for right now, as me having hurling threads with the same character with multiple characters of my own can frequently lead to a conflict of muses (with one character being much better-suited and the other just being a flop). Your choice (though Tierney definitely needs more at the moment!). <3

(12-25-2017, 07:54 AM)Annabelle Scrimgeour Wrote:
    Wonderful!

I have a headcanon that Bella was far less loud while she was in school, partially because she had little reason to rebel. Hogwarts was her "safe place", unlike the Scrimgeour house where she was held to strict standards that she could never imagine meeting. She was far quieter (and a tad more insecure) while in school, though might have had the shock factor of being more independent-minded and outspoken, being willing to say things aloud that many other young ladies might not have been willing to. If you would like to, we could always do a past thread dated sometime while she was at school (I've always wanted to do one of those because it would better help me understand her mentality when she was a small thing!).

I would also love to thread Tessie with Lexie! Tessie is a very good friend and very supportive, and sees her role as her "place" at the moment. Marriage is always the end-goal, but she doesn't obsess over it as some might. She loves her family (especially her Papa!) very dearly, and is in no rush to get away from them. If you have any ideas, please let me know! Otherwise, we could have a thread on High Street where they're on a shopping trip?

Much like Bella, I feel Dionisia was empowered by adulthood and is much more bold about her statements nowadays than she might have been while at school. Back then, she relied on others to care for her (as she couldn't hold a full-time, well-paying job while getting her education), so she more conformed to their ideals. Since being capable of supporting herself, she's been much more open about her ~agenda.

I would say choose Tierney or Edgar for right now, as me having hurling threads with the same character with multiple characters of my own can frequently lead to a conflict of muses (with one character being much better-suited and the other just being a flop). Your choice (though Tierney definitely needs more at the moment!). <3

I'll start leaving the threads here and there, then :D
    Heya Bee!

@Gemma Simpson and Lexie: Roommates for certain! Would you like to do a Past RP like she's doing with Bella to feel out their dynamic?

@Nemo Fisk and Lexie: Wonderful. I adore awkwardness in her posts. Let's do it.

@Quincey Honeyduke and Lexie: As she's not too keen on marriage, I'm letting her at quite a few hurlables, so come one, come all!
    I have a few options for Alex (who I automatically like because we share a name :p):

My Ministry men are @Zian Zhao, @Justus Pilliwickle, and @Samson Jane.

She works with Zian because he's the Chinese liaison for their department. I'm not sure if Chinese is one of the languages she knows/is planning on learning, but I could easily see them interacting because of work regardless. He's tenderhearted in general, but is especially kind with women because VE expectations of a gentleman and also he grew up with six younger sisters. She'd find him friendly and approachable at the very least, I think.

Justus is a lawyer for the DMLE known for his far left politics and his recent attempt at running for Minister (he didn't win, much to the surprise off all lol). They could meet just because they work at the Ministry, or more specifically because a case Justus is working on requires the skills of a translator. He's eloquent and intense when it comes to politics, but is closed off and awkward outside of that which always leads to hilarious conversations.

Sam is a former Auror and current member of the Werewolf Capture Unit. I can't think of anything specific for them at the moment, but I still wanted to put him out there.

She would've gone to school with @Souri Avninder briefly, but I don't know that they would've gotten the chance to know each other. I'm changing her pretty extensively after the site move and the opportunity to retcon arises, so there'll be more opportunities then but again, I wanted to offer her just in case because she's one of two ladies I have who are close to Alex in age.

The other lady I have who she could know through school is @Ivory Kamaria. Ivy is three years younger though, so another maybe xD.

I can offer @Young-Jae Choi for MC hurls. Zian and Sam are also hurlable, fyi, but Sam is a gay man who's looking for marriage because of societal expectations and family obligations. Not the best option if you want fully reciprocated romance lol.
    [Image: mLK8um.png]
    tag souri avninder in your replies.
    (12-26-2017, 12:03 AM)Alexandra Seymore Wrote: Heya Bee!

@Gemma Simpson and Lexie: Roommates for certain! Would you like to do a Past RP like she's doing with Bella to feel out their dynamic?

@Nemo Fisk and Lexie: Wonderful. I adore awkwardness in her posts. Let's do it.

@Quincey Honeyduke and Lexie: As she's not too keen on marriage, I'm letting her at quite a few hurlables, so come one, come all!

I will admit upfront I am legit the WORST at past RPs. I played Gemma from 4th year on through graduation and she didn't have any played roommates until 7th year so for me to jump back into that mindset is hard for me (I can barely remember what I had for breakfast). I'm totally willing to hash it out OOC though if you want to PM me or my Skype is applebee33!

As for Nemo we could do some hella awkward work scenario where he needs a translator to take care of some muggle issue and go from there?

Quin is The Most Oblivious Bachelor ™, but he's just recently starting to think about settling down he's got an acquaintance playing matchmaker for him, it's still not something he thinks about too much. I'm all about organic chemistry so we could always toss them together to see how it goes!
    I may want to marry this set by Nolan, just sayin.
    [Image: INgVUj.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
    Open Thread The Room Where It Happens [Lynn Plots 2.0] Ophelia Dippet 7 3,989 Yesterday, 04:32 AM
    Last Post: Clarissa Cosgrove
      Obi's Plots Obadiah Adwalton 9 488 08-10-2017, 10:29 AM
    Last Post: Astrid Parkinson