Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

Silver's Networking!
    Open Thread 
    Player Name Silver

Nerissa M. Stone
    19 | UCHB | GRYFFINDOR | DEBUTANTE | ASPIRING POTIONEER
    Application: | Unattached | Grad Year: 1887 | Reputation: ❖❖❖❖❖
    [Image: oJ2FUM.png]
    Nerissa is an upper class half blood who has been raised for the most part by her Grandparents after her parents died when she was eight. She has a little brother who is 12 years of age, they're close but not in the traditional sense. Since he was only two when their parents passed, Nerissa is more like his Mother-Figure than anything else, however he still likes to play jokes on her and while unsupervised in their home they can get up to some mischief on their Grandmother, Annabelle, and some of the staff. Nerissa is shy, but definitely not as shy as she was before meeting her now best friend, Annabelle Scrimgeour in her first year of Hogwarts. She wishes to become a Potioneer, but her Grandmother doesn't agree with it, so she's learning in secret under a Spinster. She is fiercely loyal to her friends, and while she does wish to get married, she would like to be lucky enough to marry someone of her class for love the way her parents did.

Needs: She's open for hurls. Her Grandparents ideal man is required to be UCAB and likely between the ages of 28-35. She has no preference on appearance, though prefers dark features. Of course she hopes to be as lucky as her parents and marry someone of equal status for love. There is a possible future courting with Cornelius Sherington III but that doesn't mean others can't, or won't vie for her affections. She also needs friends! Those would likely be UCAB ladies around her age, though remember that her best friend is Annabelle Scrimgeour so anyone not wishing to affiliate with her may keep their distance.
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Nerissa Stone's post:
       Annabelle Scrimgeour
    [Image: oJyC7A.jpg]
    Going through a depression spell, don't worry if I don't chat in the cbox ♥
    [Image: kci4r7.png][Image: j98sw5.gif] [Image: oLx2a2.gif]
    thanks for the set bree!
    I have this little pain in the butt here. They are both Gryffindors and were in the same year, plus Cora's already friends with Annabelle. Cora is, to put it simply, a reckless child amd maybe a menace to society. She is currently stuck in prison, pardon me, Pendergast School for Young Roses as her step mother wants to straighten her out. But she's off for break and can always write or visit on weekends.
    [-] The following 2 users Like Terpsichore Van Helsing's post:
       Annabelle Scrimgeour, Nerissa Stone
    [Image: 2z6ukao.png]
    set made by the amazing RUNE! and so is that corabelle button
    speaks with a dutch accent!
    [Image: YwDmvaf.gif]
    Hiya Silver!

Unfortunately, I don't have much to offer in the way of friends because I don't have anyone close to her age that's also of the appropriate class, but I can offer @Zian Zhao for potential hurls. He's also very into the idea of marrying for love, so that's something they have in common. We can see how they get on if you like!
    [-] The following 2 users Like Souri Avninder's post:
       Annabelle Scrimgeour, Nerissa Stone
    [Image: mLK8um.png]
    tag souri avninder in your replies.
    @Terpsichore Van Helsing
    Yes! Definitely friends, we should have a possible past school thread with them as well as others, and definitely some letters from Cora to Nessa complaining about her prison sentence extra year of schooling, to which Nessa will feel sympathetic enough to send her a few care packages when she feels like Cora needs them! <3

@Souri Avninder
    Hurl accepted! Nessa is already totally appreciating staring, if we're being truthful Zian's appearance, so we should definitely see how they get along!
    thanks for the set bree!
    I'm down for that! I'm really trying to drag myself back into posting, so I would be up for starting something with them (later today, after I've slept lol). We could do a generic 'they meet at an event and are introduced to each other' type set up or actually plan something out, if you'd like. Just let me know!
    [Image: mLK8um.png]
    tag souri avninder in your replies.
    @Souri Avninder
    Sounds great! I think the generic way is probably the best since I'm new to playing out Victorian culture and that'll be good practice for the future, plus I'll be sleeping soon myself and I don't want to hold up the process for your starter! ;)
    thanks for the set bree!
    I have @Ari Scrimgeour - who she would likely know if she knows Bella! Relationship between them -I'm open for friends or kinda rivals or something. Ari is a bit of a stepford Debutante and a bit damaged by wanting to people please so there is a good bit of scope there- they would probably not be public friends.

@'Gwen Vane-Tempest' - Sister of mister Cornelius - they should meet. Gwen is kind of intense.

@' GINEVRA BLACKWOOD' - UC deb type - Ginny was also a gryffindor so they would be familier with each other.

@Natsuko Mountbatton - halfblood heiress - would def be friends I think
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Aeror's post:
       Annabelle Scrimgeour
    [Image: mzYDJY.jpg]
    Thanks to Emma for banner recovery!! She found it in the depths of the interwebs
    It is I, the elusive Bree. I thought I would brain dump all my stuff on you here because it can get easily buried in skype and discord!

Nerissa & Annabelle
    We've established most things for them, but we could possibly have back-dated threads if it would help you develop her better! I'm a whore for Bella threads so don't hesitate to ask for more than the one we currently have together!

Nerissa & @Cornelius Sherington III
    During my explanation of the sacred Charming tradition we know as "hurling", I offered Cornelius as my tribute. He's UCHB, was also a Gryffindor, and is the heir to his father's fortune and title. I'll probably have made a thread for them by the time you wake up, and if so I'll leave the link here!

Those are really only the two things I have at the moment. She might know @Handsome Whitledge because he was a prefect and in the year beneath him, but I don't imagine they ran in similar social circles or anything!

Hi Silver!

I'm a little scant in these particular areas but I do have Ophelia who is a few years older than her. Ophelia was a Gryffindor, but she left school after her fourth year, so if anything they might just know each other in passing from Nerissa's early school days. Ophelia definitely wouldn't associate with Annabelle, so that's about the extent of that connection unless you want some catty girl fight threads (which I'm always open for).

My only UC hurlable guy is @Reuben Crouch, but he has no intention of making any serious pursuits of ladies and even if he did, his family would never buy off on him marrying a HB. If you wanted to thread them he'd probably be more of a corrupting influence than a serious hurl. He's pro-independent women and a shameless flirt, but like I said, there's probably not much future in that. Anyway, let me know if you'd like to thread either of them!
    hi Silver!

@Gemma Simpson was a year ahead and also a Gryffindor, she's also plant!bros with Annabelle, so they might know one another! Gem's super friendly and played quidditch at school. She's an MCHB, not sure how much that matters to Nerissa!

< Elsie here was a couple years ahead (she graduated in 84) but she's currently studying to become an animagus, so maybe they could connect that way! She's an MCHB who works at the library in London!

I am distinctly lacking in UC hurlables, I only have @Leon Lupin who is... hardly anyone's idea candidate other than rich and UCPB, he's divorced with a young son and questionable... hobbies XD (his shipping busness is not always on the straight and narrow and he a bit of a womanizer)

I have another, @Sydney Podmore but he's kind of entangled at the moment, I'm always down for drama though!
    words cannot describe this set by Stef ♥
    [Image: oTMsdz.gif]
    [Image: 2emz8zq.png]
    (12-18-2017, 04:47 AM)Nerissa Stone Wrote: @Terpsichore Van Helsing
    Yes! Definitely friends, we should have a possible past school thread with them as well as others, and definitely some letters from Cora to Nessa complaining about her prison sentence extra year of schooling, to which Nessa will feel sympathetic enough to send her a few care packages when she feels like Cora needs them! <3

That sounds lovely! Along with that, she is home on Christmas/Winter break so they could meet from December 5 to January 5 as well if you'd like to do a current thread instead/or as well!
    [Image: 2z6ukao.png]
    set made by the amazing RUNE! and so is that corabelle button
    speaks with a dutch accent!
    [Image: YwDmvaf.gif]
    Ta da! I had to make some assumptions re: Zian's sister knowing someone who knows her and her having a chaperone because of Victoran Era things. Hope that's okay! Let me know if I should change anything!
    [Image: oTtiAG.png]
    zian's accent is a hybrid of many and can be difficult to place.
    @Terpsichore Van Helsing
    Perfect! Anytime you'd like to thread just start 'em and tag me! :D

@Zian Zhao
    It's wonderful! I'll reply asap <3

@Aeror
    I definitely agree that she and Ari wouldn't be public friends, though I'm sure if she sent letters checking up on Bella, Nerissa would let her know she's doing well.

Gwen - YES, Definitely!

Ginny - They could also have been friendly acquaintances during school, Gryffindor's gotta stick together and all.

Natsuko - Absolutely! Nerissa would probably have been awestruck by her beauty when they first met, kind of a "close your mouth, we're not catching flies" type of thing.

@Annabelle Scrimgeour
    ANNARISSA IS LIFE <3

Cornelius - They look wonderful together on paper, let's see if they're compatible ;D

@Ophelia Dippet Lynn - I'm up for both! Whenever is good for you!

@Elsie Beauregard
    Gemma - Nerissa wouldn't care about status or blood, but she'd be hella jealous about Gemma being able to play Quidditch since she loves flying. I definitely could see them getting along, especially since Gem is friends with Bella!

Elsie - I definitely see Nerissa frequenting the library, maybe Elsie could be studying an animagi book, and Nerissa decides to help?

The boys - YAS DRAMA, Not sure if Nerissa's grandparents would allow Leon to be one of her hurls, or even talk to her, but parties are always a thing!
    thanks for the set bree!
    Ben has an open thread caught under the mistletoe, if you're interested in that!
    (12-23-2017, 03:01 PM)Ophelia Dippet Wrote: Ben has an open thread caught under the mistletoe, if you're interested in that!

It got knicked! -insert crying with laughter face here-
    thanks for the set bree!
    I am game for any of those things! All three of them need new threads so you pick and let me know if you'd like me to start anything!
    words cannot describe this set by Stef ♥
    [Image: oTMsdz.gif]
    [Image: 2emz8zq.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
    Open Thread Bree's Networking 4.0 Annabelle Scrimgeour 2 1,102 01-17-2018, 01:38 AM
    Last Post: Annabelle Scrimgeour
      John's Networking Qedma Bakaffa 4 151 12-29-2017, 08:11 PM
    Last Post: Aldous Crouch
      Nichole's Networking V.3 Calla Potts 0 59 12-26-2017, 05:16 PM
    Last Post: Calla Potts
      Networking Guidelines & Coding Elsie Beauregard 3 3,323 12-25-2017, 08:31 AM
    Last Post: Annabelle Scrimgeour
    Open Thread Olive's Networking Nightmare! ~Be Afraid~ Ursula Black 26 7,771 11-07-2017, 12:13 PM
    Last Post: Gabrielle Fontaine