Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

Golden Controls
    Open Thread 
    Magdelene has always been an avid fan of quidditch - all three of her brothers had played and so had her father and a few of his brothers as well. it was a sport she had sort of been raised in. At home, she had been allowed to play with her brothers, though never as a beater. When the games got rough, she and her sisters had been cast out to watch from the sidelines. When she had the confidence to try out in her fourth year, she had begged after her father's permission only to have been, unsurprisingly, told no. Competitive Quidditch was a man's sport, he had told her. She could play recreationally but he would not permit her in a match, much to her discontent.

She had been stuck to watching the games played by others, though recently a spot had open as the commentator and that her father would allow, so she had snagged up the chance. So far she had only been able to do one game - the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw match, which had been interesting with so many new players (though thankfully there had only been one name she had the need to learn, one of the Hufflepuff chasers) - though it was apparently enough that she had been invited as well, and not as a plus one. She had been smiling giddily throughout the whole night - and most of the day leading up to it as well. She always heard her brothers talking about it in the years past.

She had spent most of the evening thoroughly engrossed in the tabletop Quidditch, finding the game quite amusing, though still far simpler than the actual game itself.  She would have been quite impressed if Mr. Pettigrew had whipped up a tabletop game truly as complex as the real Quidditch, but by itself, it was still quite amazing. "Pardon me," she spoke abruptly, seeing someone she thought she recognized. "Have you tried this little table top Quidditch yet?"
    [Image: mag2.png]
    i love rune sets.
    Her invitation to the party had been a perfunctory one she was sure. She had barely been on the canons for little more than a year before she had left, and although she was still involved in the world of competitive quidditch as the face of the Holyhead Harpies she wouldn’t say she missed playing the sport. However, as a talking point at parties such as this one, when coupled with her round the world trip and general competitive streak she did still enjoy engaging with others on the topic of professional Quidditch.

’I did yes!’ Ginny enthused, although she was sure she didn’t recognise the girl who was addressing her, she was a little young to have been in Ginny’s particular circle of friends of school but it was possible that she remember her from Hogwarts. Bertram, her brother had been rather a star of the quidditch field in his day, or so he liked to tell himself, and as one of few upper class women who even attempted to enter the world of competitive flying she was a known entity, especially have been featured by the media with some frequency in the past year.

’It’s rather fun’, she added referring to the table before her, ’but of course nothing to the real thing’ she enthused. Mister Pettigrew had done rather a fine job at the party and the table top game had been a particular success. ’You are at Hogwarts yes?’ she asked, wanting to confirm the identity of her companion.
    Ginevra has just been the first woman to fly around the world solo - you may be aware of this

[Image: 9yupVVd.jpg]
    Beauty by MJ!
    She froze for a second as she realized that while she did, in fact, recognize the woman, it wasn't from school but rather the papers. The person she had just so casually addressed was Miss Blackwood - the woman who had flown around the world! "Miss Blackwood!" she stuttered, dropping her hands from the game to fully turn and face the other ginger (something she would never admit but their shared, rare, hair color was another reason she was a fan of Miss Blackwood, but still a minor reason) though she did wince at the sounds of the quaffle being dropped to the other team as a result.

"No of course not, but it really is astonishing that Mr. Pettigrew made this. The skill behind it really is amazing - I know I would never be able to!" Maggie bit her lip then, trying to keep herself from going on further and embarrassing herself. However, Miss Blackwood's question left the starstruck girl blinking, not prepared to have been asked that - even though she knew she looked too young to be out of school already. "Yes, Miss Blackwood, I am at Hogwarts - a sixth year this year. Magdelene Cadden is my name. It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss!"
    [Image: mag2.png]
    i love rune sets.