Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Private
Youthful Curiosity
January, 14th - Letter addressed to a Mr Koch written in German

Dear Mr Koch,

Forgive the improperness of receiving such a letter, but I was curious as to your health after you interesting choice of snack yesterday.
If you are willing, will you inform me of it? And perhaps some information you seem to have on plants that can be eaten.

From,
Aem

[Image: swbRAG4.jpg]
Later that day, a letter returns addressed to ‘Aem of Swallowbury, Pendergast Green Room’ – also in German.

Dear Aem,

I am afraid I do not know what you refer to, or even who you may be. Did I make an impression on a Miss Aemelia? Do they even employ men at Pendergast? Did you mean instead to write that you took
‘aim’ where you are from?

As to your question, I consume a lot of things the English would call ‘curious’. I daresay a little curiosity makes for a healthy appetite.

Though your identity evades me, your location does not. Certainly the school grounds might have some rosebushes upon it. For a touch of sophistication (or ‘curiosity,’ as you call it), try crushing fresh rose petals to release the flavor and placing them in cooled tea.

Or have your chef do so for you.

Precisely,

A. Koch

Later that evening there was a letter in return.

Mr Koch,

If you are aware of my location then I believe you should be able to work out who you are writing to. For reasons that would effect us both however, I shall remain Aem.

It also appeares that you have an obsession with roses. Why is that?

Cordially,
Aem.

P.s. the tea was interesting but I still prefer honey.

Some time after supper, yet another letter flits to Pendergast.

Dear Mr. Aem,

How satisfying to solve this mystery! I have never solved a mystery in my life. Good thing we’re not relying on my Abzug skills, though I daresay my Reduktion skills are up to par.

Look, it rhymed in English.

You say I am obsessed with roses, whilst writing me from an establishment whose primary goal is to make use of such. Are you searching for something that is not between these lines, Mr. Aem? Do you find something sinister about the pragmatic use of one surface part of a plant that only lasts for several weeks a year?

That sounds rather thorny to me.

Without chocolate,

A. Koch

((Language play ahoy:))
Show

The next came early the next morning, wrapped within was a single musk rose.

Mr Koch,

Perhaps, as you said, it’s all in the season. But I suppose one could argue that nothing truely lasts, so at least roses can bloom once more.

I have never related myself to one.

Now I want chocolate,
Aem

It would not be until after evening that a package would arrive back. In a small, flat box was the musk rose, except now with its pale petals covered in sugar.

Dear Mr. Aem,

Your sweet tooth is noted.

Bon appetite,

A. Koch

A short note came shortly after.

Mr Koch,

They are strangely enjoyable. Thank you.

Aem

P.s. Bon appétit.

View a Printable Version