Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

If It Were Only That Easy [Atlantis]
    Private Thread 
    Syd was not nearly as social as his mother would have liked. When she got it in her head that her son should work less and socialize more, she'd gone so far as to suggest he join a gentleman's club of all things. Syd was, for all intents and purposes, quite content with his routine, though he did sometimes feel it lacking, he did not really feel like he was missing out on socializing. He socialized all day. It wasn't as if he were some hermit hiding in his office, he spoke to and dealt with people all day, every day. If that wasn't the definition of socializing, he didn't know what was!

It was of course, not up to his mother's standard. She meant for him to do something other than work. And so here he sat, with his old school friend George, in Atlantis, sipping on a strong scotch and wondering if he should actually go through the fuss of joining the club itself or if he could just occasionally be George's guest and get away with that every now and then. Perhaps if he just mentioned it offhandedly to his mother once in a while, that would suffice...

Still, Syd did have to admit that he didn't mind this so much. Having a drink with a friend, getting his mind of work and other things. Other things had been decisively quiet as of late and that was his own fault, though Syd had hoped his honesty would not hurt the circumstances, he had apparently stuck his foot in his mouth where Miss Carmichael was concerned and he hadn't heard from her since. "Hmm, what did you say? I'm sorry I was daydreaming apparently." Syd shook himself from his thoughts and focused on the conversation at hand once again.

@Annabelle Scrimgeour @George Livesey
    omghiSyd!set by MJ ♥
    [Image: oxuHsG.png]
    Despite not having a full-time job like some of his friends did, George was not known for being an extremely sociable human being either. He preferred the company of fewer people at once, and large parties were not the sort of event that offered that sort of socializing. The gentleman's club was a preferable alternative when it came to keeping up with friends.

He was speaking with Sydney Podmore, one of his old school friends — though speaking at Sydney seemed like a better phrasing when it became apparent he wasn't completely there mentally.

"I was asking how you manage to keep your head on straight with such a stressful job," he said, obviously amused. "Though judging by your behavior, my initial assumption might have been a tad wrong."
    [Image: mNeUJG.png]
    MJ makes the prettiest things
    Syd barked out a laugh; caught red-handed. "Clearly it's been a while since you've seen me." The hospital really did demand all of his attention, clearly he was there too much. "Honestly, being the assistant head of the department is not nearly as stressful as I originally anticipated." His promotion to the position had been coming down the line as he was one of the more senior members of his department at the time, but honestly he'd almost turned it down. Syd enjoyed being in the thick of the chaos of the ward and truthfully the position had too much paperwork for his liking, but he would have loathed to see his mother's face had he turned it down. As it was he was on track to take over the department one day and he still had no idea how that was going to go.

"Fortunately I am not fully in charge, so at least there is somebody else making sure I'm on the straight and narrow." He joked. Syd certainly enjoyed his job, it kept him busy; he couldn't imagine not working. Not that there was anything wrong with it, it suited some people, but he had itchy hands, he needed to be doing something, all the time. Healing came naturally and kept his mind sharp, most of the time, when the fatigue didn't settle over him like a fog. "Wouldn't have it any other way, keeps me on my toes." There was rarely a dull moment in his ward. As much as he hated to say it, as long as there were stupid people in the world, he'd continue to have a job.

"What's keeping you busy these days? On the wife hunt?" Syd could only joke about that because his mother was seriously on the hunt for him!

@Annabelle Scrimgeour
    omghiSyd!set by MJ ♥
    [Image: oxuHsG.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
    Open Thread Quiet Solitude [Atlantis] Garrett Wallingford 0 50 01-06-2018, 06:45 AM
    Last Post: Garrett Wallingford