Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Private
I've Been Missing You
January 9th, 1889
My dearest,

Firstly, please forgive the lack of any letters the last while; I have been extremely busy with Ministry work and have not had but a second to myself to write you so I do hope this will suffice.

How have you been? I'm missing you tremendously and hope to see you again soon - when is the next Hogsmeade weekend? We might arrange something, if you are willing.

Christmas here was rather a spectacle. There was a small gift exchange though my sister seemed to be the better off out of everyone. She got a new toy she absolutely adores. How was your Christmas?

I'm not sure what much to write you beyond telling you that you are missed and that I hope you are doing well.

With cherished thoughts,
Charlie

January 10th, 1888
Charlie,
That's understandable. The holiday season was a long one it seemed yet it went by rather quickly. I don't know that I had so much as a moment for myself during my break. I apparently overbooked myself with piano lessons as well as trying to fit in time to see my brother. He prefers not to come around the house anymore so it requires extra maneuvering if I'm to ever be able to see him. It's unfortunate we were unable to make time to see each other though. I really would have liked to see you.

I'm glad to hear you had a good holiday though. Ours was mostly uneventful. I quite liked it that way though the most exciting thing I received was a new song book with all the notes for the piano. I hope to use it soon now that I'm back to school.

Speaking of school! A younger student, I believe she's a fifth year and in Hufflepuff, has apparently been keeping a diary of sorts for the better part of a year. Surely she never intended anyone to ever see what was written there but apparently someone got hold of it and made enough copies to spread about the whole school. It's had everyone in quite the tizzy over it all. She even signed her name as Mrs. to a boy she apparently liked! The poor thing is likely to have this follow her through the rest of her years at school.
Always,
Ems

#LovelyLadySet
[Image: bd4FVx.md.jpg]
January 11th, 1889
My dearest,

Please don't work yourself too much during your time away from school.
You need all your focus on to be on your schoolwork this year, Emmeline, though I am glad to hear you are delving into your hobbies and talents.

I would like to see you too and I'm sure we will see each other soon.

The song book sounds like an exceptionally good present.

Though the journal thing sounds rather interesting. Is Tessa involved in it at all? Do I need to be writing her to not get involved in drama such as that?

I trust you aren't, either. Gossip is all well and good when it isn't hurting anybody. Has anyone been hurt? I can only imagine the kinds of things the girl has written about her fellow students.

With cherished thoughts,
Charlie

January 12th, 1888
Charlie,
It wasn't all that bad. I do enjoy doing it at least and it simply adds to my fund for getting my own piano after graduation. I'm nearly there and I think if I continue with the lessons on my Hogsmeade weekends, I should be able to get it easily enough not long into the summer. Speaking of Hogsmeade weekends, I forgot to tell you when the next was. It'll be the weekend of the twenty-sixth. Mother is already planned for dinner that night if you'd care to join us again.

I don't believe Tessa was involved in the journal so no need to worry about that. I wasn't mentioned either, at least not from what I could see. Which, I suppose, is a good thing. Some of the things written weren't all that nice at all. I feel bad for those that her words hurt. Even if she hadn't meant for it to be seen, she shouldn't have written some of what she did.

I've kept my nose out of it all though. It hasn't exactly pertained to me though there have been some in my house that have needed some consoling over some of the things that were said. It definitely hurt some feelings but it will smooth over in time and eventually those hurt will forget. Hopefully, at least. I guess only time will tell.

Have you had any interesting cases lately?
Always,
Ems

#LovelyLadySet
[Image: bd4FVx.md.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Calla Potts
January 8, 2019 – 11:00 PM
View a Printable Version