Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

The Case of the Marbled Landlord
    Private Thread 
    Percy’s caseload seemed to be getting heavier in the past month. The files on his desk appeared to have decided to spawn more and with more, which meant more visits to other departments. This particular morning had met him with several more cases that usual. It was as if the majority of the wizarding world had decided that with the ban from muggles they could enchant any item they wished. With a sigh Percy rubbed his temples looking at the case in front of him. A wizard living in London had decided to give his landlord enchanted marbles in place of his rent. The enchantment had supposedly been to make the marbles appear as muggle pounds, which it had done, but it had also had the side effect of causing the landlord to begin to laugh uncontrollably and turn into the varying shades of the marbles. The wizard of course blamed it on his unpredictable wand but the excuse did little to explain the intentions of his actions. Reading further into the report Percy noted that the landlord had been treated and a memory charm cast on him, but Percy figured it could be good to talk to the depart of magical accidents and see what had been done to fix the landlord. In truth he simply needed a break and a good stretch of his legs.

The trip didn’t take Percy long, in fact he’d made it many times over the years, but it was still nice to walk through the hallway of the ministry with its bustling employees and familiar faces intent on their own tasks. Few people stopped to talk to Percy, too set in their own day to feel the need to converse, something Percy had always been grateful for.

The department of magical accidents appeared to be rather quiet by the time that Percy arrived, not entirely unsurprising, and Miss Flynn pointed him in the direction of the newest employee to the department, a Miss Fisk.

Percy found Miss Fisk at her desk and approached her with a smile, “Good morning Miss Fisk. I wanted to follow up on a report if you have a moment?

Word Count: 361

ooc: I know we talked about this a while back so I figured I'd throw something your way.

@Cassius Lestrange
    @Zelda Fisk
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Percival Adlard Jr's post:
       Zelda Fisk

Wonderful set is a work of art from Lynn!

COME PLAY PERCY'S BELOVED SISTERS

SORRY FOR BEING SO SLOW
    Today was a paperwork day, which officially meant that Zelda was parked at her desk and starting to fantasize about napping. She saw perfectly why paperwork was so important and necessary and worked hard at it, but seeing that it was important didn't make it enjoyable. She would so much rather be out in the field but here she was, condensing a St. Mungo's report down to a two-sentence summary.

She started at the sound of her name. With a flick of her wand and a muttered spell, Zelda summoned a free chair to the other side of her desk, and gestured for him to sit in it. "Hello," Zelda said, "Of course. How can I help you, Mr. - ?"
    [Image: uUQiz4B.jpg]
    BEAUTIFUL SET BY MJ

"Adlard. Percival Adlard, Department of the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts." Percy introduced himself with a small bow. He hated introductions and often hoped that individuals simply forgot that he hadn't introduced himself when going about work matters. Alas everyone was of such polite society that he knew it was pipe dream to wish for such inaction among the members of his employer.  

"I am looking into a case regarding enchanted marbles and was hoping you could tell me what had been done to the muggle involved?" Percy added, holding the file out to the young woman.

November 1887 | @Cassius Lestrange
    @Zelda Fisk

Wonderful set is a work of art from Lynn!

COME PLAY PERCY'S BELOVED SISTERS

"Oh, that thing," Zelda said with a nod and a wave of her hand, "Yes, I can help you with that." She reached into her desk and thumbed through the files, eventually pulling out the relevant one. She opened it and squinted. The marbles case was considered closed by MA&C; in that they had handed it off to muggle artifacts.

"Well, we reversed the colors," Zelda said, "Or, I did, that was me. Then I had to send him to St. Mungo's, though - we don't do brain stuff."
    [Image: uUQiz4B.jpg]
    BEAUTIFUL SET BY MJ