Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

Chief Warlock Looks to Minister's Office
    NOVEMBER 1ST 1887
    Chief Warlock Looks To Minister's Office

Dawlish Declares Last Minute Candidacy

[Image: F32X1v8.png]

LLikely to be one our very last entrants, Mr. Herschel Dawlish has surprised many by announcing his intention to run for Minister of Magic in the forthcoming elections. Now the eldest candidate running with 24 years on Mr. Barnabas Malfoy, Mr. Dawlish brings not only experience and wisdom with years, but also pertinent experience as Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot these last two years.

Born in October of 1790, the Chief Warlock has just celebrated his 97th birthday - not that it shows. Entering the Ministry as a Translator in the Department of Magical Co-Operation in 1813, he has been at the Ministry since before his competitors were even born.

When asked about what sort of campaign Mr. Dawlish intended to run, he had this to say:

"I'm sure many will want to focus in on my age, perhaps insinuate that I may be approaching infirmity or senility but I think it quite clear upon meeting me that I am anything but. Age is but a number, but what is not is my undeniable wealth of experience. Our last few Ministers, the tragically late Mr. Potter in particular, have all been very young and inexperienced. Of course the

future is for the young, but while they are learning and cultivating their skills and careers, it is for the older generations to lead.

Minister Potter did his best but his inexperience let him down, as we saw with the disastrous expedition to name just one instance. Minister Urquart, while older and more experienced, met his downfall in the turbulence and uncertainty that comes with being a widower with a young, sizable family. Minister Urquart prioritizing his young family over leading the country was admirable but one must point out that the instability he has left in his wake was entirely avoidable. The country needs a Minister who has no conflicting priorities.

The half-breed issue needs a proper resolution. Legislation regarding werewolves and their liberties must be revised and properly enforced. The disparity in women's rights must also be addressed - is it right that a woman should be able to hold the office of Minister when she cannot vote? All these issues and more need the wisdom and deftness that can only be found in an experienced gentleman of the Ministry."

It will be interesting to see how Mr. Dawlish fares against running mates already in the thick of campaigning.

AUTHOR: IAN PENGLOSS

Template created by ASHOO! of Caution 2.0 and edited by Shante of Charming.

written by Olive

WANT TO WRITE FOR THE PROPHET?
    CC Cassius Lestrange on all articles.

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      A NEW MINISTER OF MAGIC Daily Prophet 0 327 12-14-2017, 01:36 PM
    Last Post: Daily Prophet
      A Minister for the Common Man Daily Prophet 0 174 11-10-2017, 03:38 PM
      Justus Pilliwickle for Minister Daily Prophet 0 207 10-22-2017, 04:18 PM
      Skeeter to Run for Minister Daily Prophet 0 281 10-19-2017, 06:14 AM