Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

The Language of the Flowers was a popular method to express feelings where words might be improper, but did you know other means of doing so? Some ladies used their parasols, as well as their fans, gloves, and hankies to flirt with a gentleman (or alternatively, tell them to shove it!). — Bree

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Iola Hitchens for Elladora Black. The Blacks' black sheep.
This boy, then. He wasn't new. Wasn't one of the worst people in the common room, those rotten rich boys - like Mr. Jailkeeper - who could not fathom a world beyond their own farts. Was a good working class lad, so he'd heard. Had a bit of a weird looking face, and a bit of a weird thing for preaching. Still.

Aubrey Davis in The Under-Sofa

— Nominate a quote —
Streaker

Post at least once with the same character every day for a month.

<
>

Say We'll Make It
1st January, 1888

Elsie,
Happy New Year! And a belated Happy Christmas. I hope the holidays treated you well? I know I was in pretty high spirits for the rest of the month. Funny the wonders a Honeyduke's trip can do.

And look at this, would you! New Year, new me: I've turned over a new leaf - and shall have to stock up on parchment, I suppose - because I am determined to write, and that this resolution shall be one to stick. I bet you'll wish you'd never mentioned it. I've even cleared a space on my desk for this express purpose. (Did you know I had a desk, all this time? I'd forgotten.)

You'll have to teach me the trick to letter-writing. I don't remember paying all that much attention in etiquette classes.

So I'm still a fair novice, but - I suppose it's no surprise to say I am, as ever,
missing you,
Tyb

[-] The following 1 user Likes Tybalt Kirke's post:
   Elsie Beauregard

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  does it still make you nervous? Nicolina De Vries 0 31 January 4, 2019 – 2:11 AM
Last Post: Nicolina De Vries
  Make It Right Argus Scrimgeour 2 236 October 8, 2018 – 2:31 AM
Last Post: Argus Scrimgeour