Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

Updating Links to Everything
    Hi! this thread used to be the most helpful thing ever and I used to direct new people there all the time, but now it's a bit out of date.

My suggestions:
    A) CHARACTER CREATION
    - Remove Quidditch Vacancies (link is broken)
    B) SETTING
    - Irvingly Shops and High Street Buildings both have broken links, but if those threads still exist somewhere I think they should still be on this list. :?
    - Add the link to Pennyworth Information
    C) LISTS & CLAIMS
    - Delete Animagus Registry
    D) PLOTTING
    - Plotting Preferences: do we still use this? Do we still encourage new members to use this? Can we nix it? =/
    - Delete Current Pregnancies because LOL.
    - Delete Children of Hogsmeade, no longer in use.
    - Update the student clubs link
    - Update the current classes link
    - Delete the arranged marriages link since it's no longer maintained!
    E) OOC COMMUNITY
    - Maybe get rid of the link for staff intros or maybe just update that thread? IDK. It's probably good for new members to be able to read but not when it lists characters that have been dead for over two years xD
    - Delete the Charming Banners: A History link because they all got eaten by Photobucket :(
    F) OFF-BOARD STUFF
    - Replacing the link to the old Hogsmeade Geneology with the new one
    - Removing the wiki link ?? Does anyone use that?? I never have. =P And it looks like the last edit was over a year ago and I'm not really sure what the point of the wiki was supposed to be, given how much on-site documentation we have...
    - Replacing the ship directory link (which currently takes you to a thread about it) with the link to the actual document
    - (I also think we should comb through that and delete ships where either the character is inactive and not coming back or where we've forgotten who these people even are but that is probably a different conversation, because I don't want to just go in and delete a bunch of shit >>)
    - Delete the Hogwarts Graduates list because either the link is broken or it just doesn't exist anymore.
    - Add the school contemporaries because that's super useful.
    - Delete the professional Quidditch schedule. The one we have is from 84-85 and I COULD BE WRONG but I don't think Beanie is keen on doing that much work when it's TOTALLY SUPERFLUOUS. I mean honestly, Quidditch games are only relevant once every few months and we always just make shit up anyway.

Other people can suggest things they think should be added to this list because I'm sure it's not inclusive and I'm not all-knowing xD Also, there are whole character groups I don't play (lol students) so I'm not entirely sure what links are most helpful to everyone xD
    [-] The following 2 users Like Ophelia Dippet's post:
       Cassius Lestrange, Ellory Pendergast
    I made this back a while ago but never did anything w/ it after someone said they planned on doing something else with the links to everything

[-]
    Quick Reply

Human Verification
    Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.