Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

I'm sexy and I know it
    Open Thread 
    This is set for after his intention to run for Minister has been published in the DP on Oct 19, 1887. #barney4MoM (Up to you whether he's hearing things, misinterpreting things, etc.!)

His intention to run for Minister was now public knowledge. The number of candidates was steadily growing - a good number more than he'd hoped would happen - but it was his own fault for waiting so long to announce his candidacy. If he'd announced it at the beginning, surely many a man would have felt their chance at the top spot in the Ministry to have been underwhelming with Barnabas Skeeter in the race. With only a few days left to make the announcement, he was hoping that nobody else would join in. No late bloomers need apply.

As he exited the lift one morning, he heard what sounded like a snicker behind him. He paused for a moment, then spun on his one existent heel (awkwardly, what with the cane and prosthetic leg and all), and said in a much more defensive tone than he'd intended, "Excuse me, can I help you?"
    Barney uses a prosthetic leg and a cane to get around.

[Image: AWqs15D.gif][Image: kZuCust.jpg]
    It seemed everyone was running for Minister — and most of them were people who would never have a chance. How would people like Greyback, Malcorvus, and now Skeeter win against people like Barnabas Malfoy and Roman Crouch? He couldn't imagine anyone voting for an odd socialite, an American, or Grumpy Stumpy?

The lawyer stood behind the latter as they went up in the lift, turning every once in a while to make a comment to one of his fellow coworkers about Mr. Skeeter's presence. It seemed, however, that he was less than quiet with his words, as the newly-announced candidate turned and gave him the stink eye.

Brows shooting upwards, Albert shook his head as if nothing had been said — or nothing that could be considered bad, at least.

"No no no," dismissed the former Slytherin with a wave of his hand. "We were just discussing the upcoming election. Heard you're intending to run, Skeeter. Hope you know what you're getting into," he said, his tone somewhat condescending.
    Would it not have been undignified, Gaius would have snorted at Pettigrew’s remark, considering they had been disparaging Skeeter mere moments before. But could they be blamed? After his utter failure to remove women altogether from the dueling circuit, this little man truly believed he could win one of the highest political honours in magical Britain—and over the likes of Gaius’ own father and brother-in-law! True, Skeeter was probably a more favourable contender than the Greyback woman, but that was scarcely saying much.

“To be certain—it is not an easy office to win, let alone to hold,” he agreed dispationately.
    [Image: 4p6LZ3C.png]
    set courtesy of rune <3
    "It is exactly why I am more than capable of winning it," He managed to turn his defensiveness into a proud lift of his chin not because both men were taller than he and he needed to do so to make eye contact, "I am not one to shy away from challenges."

Barnabas took the opportunity to subtly shift his weight so that his prosthetic leg and cane were positioned in front, as if to showcase an overly obvious example of a challenge that he'd overcome.

"I can assure you that I am well aware of what running for Minister involves, I thank you for your concern Mr. Pettigrew." The twat.

@Annabelle Scrimgeour @Aldous Crouch
    Barney uses a prosthetic leg and a cane to get around.

[Image: AWqs15D.gif][Image: kZuCust.jpg]
    Gaius struggled to maintain a neutral expression as he replied, “But leadership experience—with all due respect, Mr. Skeeter, that is an area in which you are rather lacking. That in and of itself mightn’t be an issue, except when you’re up against the likes of Dawlish or Crouch—” not to mention Gaius’ own father “—it puts you at a distinct disadvantage.”
    #KayteSucksTellYourFriends
    @Albert Pettigrew @Barnabas Skeeter
    [Image: 4p6LZ3C.png]
    set courtesy of rune <3