Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

Hospital Stuff
    I was watching one of those medical soap opera thingys and I was also looking at Charming and a few St. Mungo's/Hogsmeade Hospital questions suddenly popped into my head and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions/answers!
    1. Muggles being injured. Obviously if muggles are injured by magical means, they can't just be shipped off to a muggle hospital to be handled. They'd have to be handled by magical personnel. Would there be a specific place or ward where muggles would be treated? Would they be treated regularly and then obliviated? How would their families be notified as to not cause any suspicion? Would they be obliviated, too?
    2. Nurses. The Irvingly Infirmary has nurses, so would St. Mungo's and Hogsmeade Hospital have them, too? It seems weird that healers would take care of all the mundane tasks + simple medical tests that nurses do in the muggle world, so I'd think the magical hospitals would have them too?

1. I'd say they'd be treated in the ward responsible for their type of injury. So if they were hit by a stray hex, Spell Damage would take care of them. If they were attacked by an acromantula, the Creatures one. Once they were treated, I assume that they would be obliviated. As for their families, I assume that the Ministry would do some kind of fake memory charm on them. Charm them so they think that Dad is off on a business trip. Or maybe that they'd actually sick and bedridden. They could think their family member is at home, even though they're not. And then, when it's all over, they can be obliviated.

2. I think that's what interns are for. Also, the Infirmary is supposed to be more muggle esque than the hospitals. I always imagined magical medicine as going to a medieval esque kind of herb healer, if that makes sense? I don't think they'd do blood and urine tests and vaccines and things. xD They'd just go to Caspar, for example, he'd give them the cure, then maybe rest.
    [-] The following 2 users Like Seneca Lestrange's post:
       Aldous Crouch, Roselaine Jugson
    [Image: rv71TSL.gif]
    sen's mesmerizing set was created by stefanie <3

check out this awesome moodboard by tiff!
    Agreed w/ what Soph said about the obliviators and the interns!

We also have mediwizards who sort of fill that role! I've had trouble in the past with injuries that don't really fit into a specific department--like Lock got hit in the head with a bludger and passed out, where does he go? He goes to the mediwizards, who handle the sorts of things first responders do, trauma, etc etc. Everything you don't specifically need a magical healer for.

EDIT: OH also when it was relevant for me IC, Kayte and I talked about this and I think we decided there might be like a 'trauma ward' or something, which would be primarily staffed by mediwizards with rotating oversight from one of the real healers. I think. Don't quote me, maybe Kayte remembers better xD
    [-] The following 2 users Like Ophelia Dippet's post:
       Aldous Crouch, Roselaine Jugson

[-]
    Quick Reply

Human Verification
    Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      Hospital Tea Room Cassander Goyle 9 918 11-25-2015, 12:01 AM
    Last Post: Odira Potter
      Hospital Stuff Robin Goode 3 408 10-12-2015, 12:28 AM
    Last Post: Odira Potter
      Daylight Hours feat. Other Stuff Frank Hooch 32 3,012 06-08-2015, 11:29 PM
    Last Post: Barnabas Skeeter