Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.
    11.10 Election update!
    11.07 We have Posting Wizards!
    11.06 A big announcement...
    11.04 Happy AC day!
    11.03 Banner time!
    11.03 Welcome to November!
    10.29 October is waning...
    10.17 Election 1887 campaign ledgers are up!
    10.16 Kayte's changed her (Charming) face!
    10.10 Congrats to September's PW winners Olive and Miri!
    10.03 An update on the Hogwarts ban...
    10.01 It's now October~
    09.30 The AC Approaches
    09.24 We have new Wenches!
    November 1887

Message of the Week
    Private Thread 
    10/20
    Upstairs, people were starting to file in to hear his speech.

Downstairs, Ross had finished going over it. The edits were done. He had it memorized. It was, he hoped, exactly what he wanted to say. Equally important to the speech's contents were the arbitrary details: how he looked, the tone he used, the lighting on stage. 

He was wearing a very nice suit, to look professional and together, with a tie that provided a splash of color - bright blue. The color was supposed to show that he was relatable, although Ross did not know how. His cuff links were Ministry cuff links. Luckily, he had always been quick to smile.

Ross was actually nervous about this, and he was not used to being nervous about anything. He glanced down at the introduction of his speech again, and when he turned, he found himself faced with Javert de Montfault.

Ross smiled, genuinely, at the Head Auror. "Thank you, again, for the space," he said.
    @Javert de Montfault @Ellory Pendergast
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Justin Ross's post:
       Javert de Montfault
    [Image: qWk2Ukx.png]
    SET BY BEXY <3
    And just like that, Javert had found himself a supporter of the Ross administration.

Justin Ross had won him over with his display of good faith. His superiour had been the only one who'd not jumped to judge him when he first became the head auror. He'd supported him and guided him, in a way a good father might.

Justin Ross was the good father their nation needed.

Javert wanted him to win and if lending him his father's theatre would bring that a step closer to fruition, he'd be happy to oblige. His father liked Justin Ross, too. He'd grown up in a generation shaped by the French revolution. His family had been in favor of the restoration of the Bourbons, but Jean himself had been intrigued by the French revolution and the way it'd made France the leading power for freedom and democracy in the world.

He'd gone downstairs to check up on his superior and ensure that everything was going smoothly.

"Oh, it's nothing," Javert assured with a wave of his hand. "You've gathered quite a crowd. My father was commenting that maybe we should have you gracing his stage more often." That was slightly an exaggeration, but Javert hoped that it would put Mr. Ross at ease as to his likeability. He had gathered quite a few people. Lots of press, too, but that was to be expected.
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Javert de Montfault's post:
       Justin Ross
    [Image: OZGA10v.png]
    [Image: wAoPVGG.png]
    Ross smiled genuinely, the corners of his eyes crinkling up. "Your father flatters me," he said. He had found that he liked Jean de Montfault, who was a rather warm man; he could see where Javert had come from.

"This is a bit different from a speech before the Wizengamot," Ross admitted, "Perhaps less confrontational, really." Hopefully. Q&A he could do - he did that with the press almost weekly. But a speech, a campaign speech - that was new, and different, and for a very sure person Ross was almost unsure.
    SET BY BEXY <3
    Javert had been in front of the Wizengamot in few instances. It was usually for work, regarding the big cases. It was a daunting room. He imagined it had to be even more so for a man like Mr. Ross. The majority of the Wizengamot members were the 'old dogs' - men from the 'ancient' purist families.

"I have no doubt in you, sir," Javert told his superiour. "You can inspire people." He'd inspired Javert.
    Ross grinned at Javert. He was, once again, reassured in his choice for Head Auror - Javert was not just a good auror, but a good man besides. "Now you really are flattering me," he said, "I'm hoping to have that effect - start with the problems we're facing, talk about how to fix them, suggest they let me fix them."

Not in extreme detail, of course - policy points did not a good speech make.
    SET BY BEXY <3
    Javert had no doubt that Mr. Ross would do a good job. He was perhaps the only candidate who seemed to be taking this seriously. Who wanted the position in order to make things better. He wasn't like Crouch, or Flint, who only wanted the job because their papas had been telling them to go into the Ministry growing up. They were both so cold and standoffish, that even Javert, their equal, found them unapproachable. They weren't fit to lead.

"They will see that you are the only one who actually wants to do something for them," Javert said. "What you have, sir - it's genuine. You're not blinding us with a fancy name or an important dead father."
    "Important dead fathers can get you far," Ross said, "But - I think you're right. If I talk to these people, person to person, I'll reach at least some of them." That was what campaigning really was. Talking to people, reaching out, until you broke ground and they believed in you or you reached a dead standoff.

"You're a good man, de Montfault." 
    SET BY BEXY <3