Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

Little Sprout, Grow Baby Grow.
    Open Thread 
    Player Name Jen
    Character: Hyacinth Sprout 
    Quick Facts:
    House:
    Grad Year: 1883
    Class: L
    Blood/Race: HB

Needs: What you’re looking for!
    Friends/Former Classmates/Coworkers: 
    Former Classmates Hyacinth is bossy, obstinate, quirky, and a bit of an individualist. She doesn't bend for anybody and can come at things like a steam train. She is a bit of an environmentalist and doesn't believe in waste (throwing something out would be horrific for her, which makes me think she may also be a hoarder though her muse informs me that you must have money to do that and that everything she recycles has a genuine purpose or it becomes plant food). She was especially talented at Care of Magical Creatures, Potions and Herbology, good with history and the written component of Defence against the Dark Arts, though practical spells such as practical defence against the dark arts magic, charms, curses, and transfiguration were.... not her strongest suit hence why she's a secretary not in a more active (though probably socially unacceptable for a woman) field. She's not somebody who would compromise just to make friends or get along with people though is socially awkward enough that it wouldn't bother her (if she noticed). So #lazyoption it depends on how your character would react to this as to if they were friends... or not. 

Friends of her cousin Hyacinth was sorted into the same house as her elder cousin and his friends nicknamed her Little Sprout, or Baby Sprout. She spent her summers mostly at his house and was quite close to him, and likely his friends. He is currently unnamed as Jen hasn't decided quite yet if he's going to be a wanted character or a NPC and was getting stumped for male plant names, in his late twenties and is an ex-Ravenclaw. If you have a Ravenclaw in his late twenties he may be acquainted or on friendly terms with Hyacinth because of this relationship. Possibly relevant as a hurls.

Friends People that Hyacinth would've met either in school, or casually either in her brief apprenticeship to a Herbologist/Potionmaker, or afterwards where she works as a secretary. They would have to be somewhat aware of her green thumb, and unbending forthright ways (see full description in classmates) and be willing to either ignore it or get along with it. I'd like at least one to have a friendship based on being able tease Hyacinth about her unrelenting ways, ignorance/apathy to fashion and try to do something about the way she dresses and her hair or one that finds her frustrating but puts up with her all the same.

Coworkers Hyacinth is Secretery for the Dept. for the Regulation & Control of Magical Creatures, so I imagine that she deals closely with both the assistant and department head as well as everybody in the actual department would know who she is (at least to get her to do their filing/paperwork/all the female related tasks they really don't want to do or can't do for proprietary) and does alot running about for the Head so the divisions don't drift too far away from the Heads notice.  She may or may not have picked up friends (or casual enemies who detest her for following them up to make sure they've done their reports - am I interpreting Secretary right here? I swear it's the admin side of things - all the work but no responsibility or power and basically get told to do things) in either the divisions or other departments but I'm looking for some. 

Hurls: Hyacinth requires Chemistry and an ability to get along with her partner. She's very picky and secretly thinks of herself as not a particularly eligible bachelorette being of the reputable lower class she would not only marry somebody who has a decent reputation, and not one of cavorting with loose women (unless she could be convinced that that's done and dusted) as she's decided that she'll marry for love or not at all. She's snooty enough to believe that they must also earn at her own pay grade or above it and whomever she marries must be okay with her Herbology Hobby. 

Additional: Also known as THAT BOY from Hyacinth's profile - Hyacinth struggled with the concept of wastage - growing up poor in the countryside amongst like minded people she was not used to the class divide, nor was used to everything having the ability to be reused and recycled. THAT boy particularly enjoyed winding her up. He could've had a crush on her, or just enjoyed making her react. Probably not LC because of the nature of the disagreement.

Micajah is a Ravenclaw male in his late 20s! He can be kind of an asshole, but is otherwise an emotionally constipated nerd. I would love if he was friends w/ her cousin and knew her through that and we could thread them? Hurls?
    I just moved to a new country! [Image: mThvFq.png]
    set by MJ!

[Image: 11shy53.gif][Image: 16204dv.gif]
    HI AGAIN.

I already mentioned @Topaz Urquart.

@Tiberius Lestrange is her age but would've been a year above her due to birthdays. He's an absolute ass, though, so if they ever interacted at school it would have been brief and probably unpleasant.

@Brannon Fisk is OLD by comparison but he works at the Ministry also and is generally grumpy until you get to know him. She would've gone to school with his kids... I think @Nemo Fisk was closest to her age range but WHO KNOWS there are so many Fisk kids >>

@Ophelia Dippet is also her age but also a year ahead in school due to birthdays. Most of her friends were older than her because she hung around with her older sister's friends a lot, but maybe your NPC cousin and my NPC sister could've been the same year/vague group and they could've met each other that way? Ophelia is tenacious enough to be friends with anyone (particularly when she was younger and not as catty as she is now), but she left school following her fourth year so she lost touch with most Hogwarts people.

@Reuben Crouch turned 29 this year sooooo could be friends with her cousin depending on how old he ends up being. Ben was a Gryffindor, but generally friendly. Also not really available for hurling because he's the biggest mess and currently exiled to Canada whoops >>

@J. Alfred Darrow is the only relatively emotionally available male type I have at the moment if you're keen on hurling. He's a MCHB who was supposed to be dead for the past five years after his exploratory expedition crashed and left him stranded in the mountains/jungles of South America.

I have tons of free time at the moment and can start anything you want, so just LMK who/where/when you want threads and I'll be all over it.
    I demand a thread with @Hiram Birch and would be happy to start if you like.
    after a splinching incident in july 1884, aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp.
    [Image: xndky8.jpg]
    set by bree
    I found my Skype: It's jjm.bostock mwahahaha. HELPS IF I DON'T LOG INTO MY GOOGLE SKYPE BY ACCIDENT. Anyway, will be reachable all through today though >.> I shall be being a good girl at work so replies won't be instant

So, lets see how well I can tag people.

@Aldous Crouch - I sent you a PM but he looks like fun! I look forward to seeing how he communicates! I won't be able to start something until tonight but if you want to go ahead! Maybe Hyacinth goes to his shop either often (being a plant shop) or its her first time meeting him in particular there

@Cassius Lestrange - Oh Beanie.... that app ^^; I'm not sure if he's supposed to be funny or angsty and you just enjoy making fun of him. *Pets character* It might be fun to see how they interact so maybe friends with her cousin.

@Ophelia Dippet - I remember Topaz and yes, continually up for the awks of the moon for her. I vaguely remember Tiberius from before I left though mostly you and and Puppet/Tiff talking about him and his incest issues and him not being very pleasant in general - I'm pretty sure you are right about brief unpleasant meetings. He would've probably known her as 'just another bossy Ravenclaw' and she would've labelled him 'just another arrogant UC man' and despite them working at the Ministry (it's a BIIIG place) their areas are probably different enough that those opinions probably wouldn't have changed so if they meet it might be a meeting that doesn't really go past normal-day to day occurrences unless there was something that actually happened to make the occasion stick. [FYI SO WIERD TO SEE HIM WITH BLUE EYES]. Fisk interaction probably would be from his POV that she's the same age as his kids? Unless @Nemo Fisk wants to be her friend though if he has ever need for the Secretary of Dept. of Reg. and Con. of Mag. Creatures or if she gets sent to him by the boss man. Maybe if the dpt. and the committee have cause to interact - like somebody experimenting with charms on magical creatures and it getting out of hand or the fact they prrrrroooobably shouldn't do it to begin with. @Ophelia Dippet - the fact they both had older circles a male cousin/an older sister that they could use is convienient and could be used though I think if Ophelia left school in forth year a friendship with somebody of the LC who was a grade beneath her would probably not be something they would endeavour to keep going unless they were really close, added to the fact that Hyacinth doesn't quite understand the point of fashion and why it changes.... their only chance is maybe third party based - maybe somebody Ophelia would've kept in touch with (maybe that 'friend' that is actually interested) means theres a crossover point? If anything though it'd be something started later than schooling life. @Reuben Crouch uhhhhhh... exiled to canada.... maybe a friendship with the cousin? though I don't see that meaning anything really cause *exiled to canada* I'll just move on................. @J. Alfred Darrow as for hurling, I'm merely at the stage where I'd like to investigate how characters interact and move from there if they are compatible.... so if willing?
    Secretly I just enjoy making fun of him. >.>

Shall we thread them?
    I just moved to a new country! [Image: mThvFq.png]
    set by MJ!

[Image: 11shy53.gif][Image: 16204dv.gif]
    Nemo's a couple years younger and a Hufflepuff, so I'm not sure they would have known one another in school, and frankly, she terrifies him a little, but he needs threads so if you can think of anything, I'm game! lol

I probably have other options too, but my brain is fuzzy and I can't think of any at the moment XD
    [Image: INgzdG.png]