Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    10.17 Election 1887 campaign ledgers are up!
    10.16 Kayte's changed her (Charming) face!
    10.10 Congrats to September's PW winners Olive and Miri!
    10.03 An update on the Hogwarts ban...
    10.01 It's now October~
    09.30 The AC Approaches
    09.24 We have new Wenches!
    09.24 A wild election deadline appears!
    09.14 Witch Weekly needs more Wenches!
    09.10 Hags have hired!
    09.05 Hags are Hiring & Update your CML Entries
    09.04 Congratulations to Lynn and Bree for winning August's PW!

Perfect Fall Day
    Open Thread 
    It was too nice a day to be cooped up inside, one of those fall days when the bitterness of winter had threatened but summer hadn’t quite returned resulting in sunshine and the perfect temperatures that made students long to be outside. As soon as classes had finished for the day Sisse had grabbed her books and shoved them in her bag to do her homework outside. Surely her history of magic reading would go faster in such a wonderful location as sitting under a tree on the grounds with a perfect view of the lake.

Sisse had rather hoped that Sloane would want to join her but her friend had disappeared as soon as classes ended and Sisse was left on her own. She didn’t particularly mind, but she did feel rather lonely. At home she had always had the constant companionship of Henry, however much of annoyance he had been, and the presence of Miss Hughes. Here she had friends, but everyone often went their own way and Matthew was much to involved in his own life to spare a moment for his sister. Sisse hadn’t dared confide this in her mother in her letters home. It wasn’t as if she hadn’t made friends, simply that they were all so busy. With that thought Sisse tore her eyes away from the lake and back to her textbook, she too had things she needed to do.
    [Image: Z5k5ZI1.jpg]
    Cameron's school days usually went the same: he struggled to wake up for classes, made it just before class started, barely managed to make it through his schoolwork without getting distracted, and then proceeded to procrastinate his homework until it was the last minute. His afternoons were usually spent wandering idly around the castle looking for entertainment, and luckily quidditch had been added to his schedule this year so he could finally have something to look forward to!

He was outdoors enjoying a spot of fresh air when his eyes caught sight of a familiar face. It was one of the Gryffindor first year girls, he remembered. He did share classes with her and they did share a dinner table, but he was horrid with names and felt slightly embarrassed that even her face couldn't job it to mind!

"Hello again!" he called enthusiastically as he wandered down the hillside towards her. He looked around, noting that there were chaperons around while some other young ladies enjoyed the weather, so he didn't feel as hesitant about approaching her while they were alone. "Why are you out here? I thought I saw some of the other girls going down the corridor," he commented, stopping right beside where she was seated.
    [Image: mVlbjp.jpg]
    Potions Club, Flying Club, Wizard's Chess Club
    Sisse had just started to read a long passage about goblins when a voice interrupted her. She looked up, grateful that the shade from the tree prevented her from having to shade her eyes to see who was calling out. She recognized the second year immediately, fairly certain that embarrassment had seared Cameron’s face there from that night at supper. She saw him in classes and at their table but had barely said more than a handful of sentences to him since that first day of classes. Most of the time when she had interacted with him Maddy had been at her side steering the conversation, which Sisse wasn’t all to put out by. Now though Maddy was not here either. Surely he meant to hale one of the other young ladies that dotted the grounds of Hogwarts, chaperons patrolling among them. But no, Cameron Gillenwater steadily approached her perch under the tree and came to a stop before her.

Good afternoon.” Sisse greeted him as politely and maturely as she could muster, gently setting her book to the side to give him her attention. Hopefully she appeared more of a little lady this time than she had that first time. “It was much too nice of an afternoon to stay indoors.” She admitted to his query, although she did find herself mildly annoyed that he believed she would only ever do anything with a group of girls around them. Granted with so many of them in her year she supposed it was only a natural assumption, and after all Cameron had never seen her on her own that she knew of. “Yourself?” She smiled primly up at him and gestured to the ground by her. “You can join me if you’d like.

@Cameron Gillenwater
    @Annabelle Scrimgeour
    Cameron was under the impression that girls went everywhere together, seeing as it was inappropriate for them to go places on their own usually. Not that it was terribly unusual for women to be by their selves, granted that they had a chaperon nearby.

"I was just coming back from the quidditch pitch," he commented. "Me and a few other boys were practicing our agility. Do you like quidditch?" he asked curiously, wondering if she shared the interested with a fair few of her other dorm-mates.
    Sisse was still getting use to the rules at Hogwarts, while she was use to the hovering of Miss Hughes she had never truly had dealings with any boys beyond her brothers. Beyond her conversation with Mr. Whitledge at the exploding snaps tournament last month she had never even spoken to a gentleman on her own. With someone as mature as Mr. Whitledge she could understand why a chaperon might be present but with someone like Cameron, who was hardly older than Henry and herself, she wondered at the necessity. That aside she tried her best to follow the rules, even if she had sat rather further away from the nearest chaperon and her gaggle of Hufflepuff girls than she ought - she had simply tried to find a place where she might get her work done in peace.

She smiled as he spoke, nodding in the appropriate places. Matthew was always full of long winded stories that centered around himself and the other boys. Although he was absolutely terrified of brooms altogether and hence spent much of his time glossing over quidditch or stories about it. “I do. Although I admit I’d rather watch it than play it.” Not that she hadn’t once dreamed of being a quidditch player, that dream had long since died out, especially after her mother had reprimanded her for unlady like thoughts! “Maddy - Miss Bell,” Sisse quickly amended,”Said you made the team this year. Congratulations.” Sisse grinned. “I’m looking forward to watching the first match.” After all she knew several of the gryffindor quidditch team!

@Cameron Gillenwater
    @Annabelle Scrimgeour
    Cameron had no qualms against a woman who didn't want to play quidditch. While he didn't feel that women should be prevented from or judged for playing quidditch, he didn't think it was in their nature to desire it. It was the exceptions that chose to play alongside the boys, not the masses!

"That's alright!" he chirped. "Not everyone is built to play quidditch. It's a tough sport — definitely tough on the body. I'm surprised me and Miss Bell made it on the team because of our - er - small size," he explained, his cheeks tinting pink. He certainly wasn't as tall as some of the other players — say, MacFusty or Whitledge — but he was certainly much taller than Miss Thompsett!
    Size certainly mattered, although it hadn’t seemed to for the first year girls that Sisse knew had tried out for the team. Honestly she was surprised that there were quite a few first years on the roster, given size and, well, age. Matthew insisted that small players were the best for seekers, but neither Cameron nor Maddy were the team seeker. So maybe size didn’t matter, Cameron certainly thought so, Sisse noted as she watched his pale cheeks turn a slight color of pink. For her that hadn’t been the reason. Her parents had been clear that quidditch was not a lady like activity. They hadn’t been truly enthralled by the idea of Sisse joining the flying club either, but they hadn’t said she had to leave it yet. When they found out about dueling though…. Sisse brushed the thought away and focused her attention on Cameron, trying to help him feel more comfortable. “I’m sure it gives you an edge though! What with so many other bigger players and all. Besides, you’re still growing.” A bright smile lit up her face as she hoped that he would feel better about his size - after all he was quite a bit taller than her.
    @Cameron Gillenwater
    @"ANNABELLE SCRIMGEOUR'
    "I know I'll get bigger," he commented. He would be absolutely horrified if he wasn't! He wanted to be at least five feet, six inches tall — even taller would be better, though! Whitledge had said that he was a whole three inches taller than himself when he was twelve, though, and that was a cause for concern. Whitledge wasn't even that tall compared to some of the other students!

"Quidditch gives preference to taller and bigger players, sadly. Smaller players are a liability; they can get easily knocked off their broom. It's no surprise that Greyback made the team." That boy would be easily over six feet tall by the time he was halfway through adolescence. He wondered how tall the boy's father was.