Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    10.17 Election 1887 campaign ledgers are up!
    10.16 Kayte's changed her (Charming) face!
    10.10 Congrats to September's PW winners Olive and Miri!
    10.03 An update on the Hogwarts ban...
    10.01 It's now October~
    09.30 The AC Approaches
    09.24 We have new Wenches!
    09.24 A wild election deadline appears!
    09.14 Witch Weekly needs more Wenches!
    09.10 Hags have hired!
    09.05 Hags are Hiring & Update your CML Entries
    09.04 Congratulations to Lynn and Bree for winning August's PW!

Back to School
    OCTOBER 3RD 1887
    BACK TO SCHOOL

HALFBREED BAN WEAKENED, BUT STILL HAS TEETH

[Image: 260tnyv.jpg]

Would-be students expelled by means of the Hogwarts Halfbreed Ban rejoice today as the Ministry of Magic has announced that they may return to the reputable institution after all.

The policy to remove students who cannot prove full human ancestry has been a controversial one, lauded on one side as ensuring student safety but condemned on the other as unfair to students who lack the proper paperwork but are plainly fully human. It was only a recent series of formal complaints, however, that questioned the very legality of the move—and so the Department of Magcial Education was obliged to investigate the matter more fully.

“It is quite legal for the school to expel students when given just cause, whatever they might feel such cause is,” explained Mr. Aurelius Fogg, head of the Department of Magical Education and a former professor himself, “however at Hogwarts, as in law, there has to be a certain level of proof. After careful consideration, my department has concluded that a student cannot be expelled for failure to provethemselves ‘innocent’ of inhuman heritage. The school’s policy can only legally be extended to those whose halfbreed status is evident.”

As such, all students who are not evidently halfbreeds will be welcome to return to Hogwarts in January. To ensure they do not suffer academically, their second term will be spent

repeating their most recently completed year, rather than picking up where they would otherwise be. Fogg cedes that this decision could have financial implications for some students, but says his department considers it to be the least disruptive course of action.

"I'm pleased to hear that students will no longer be punished for their lack of papers," said Mr. Justin Ross, Ministerial candidate, in a statement to this paper. "I hope that those readmitted with financial concerns will be allowed access to the Hogwarts Scholarship Fund, as they should be given the full opportunity to pursue their continued education after this unfortunate misstep by the Board of Governors."

Though different in his politics, Cheif Warlock Mr. Herschel Dawlish, was similarly pleased by the decision:

"I believe that progress in the right direction has been made," Mr. Dawlish said in his own release. "The ban, as it was, treated all students with suspicion and indignity simply to prevent the admission of a select few undesirables, not to mention the few perfectly human children who were unjustly expelled for lacking proof. It's really quite obvious when one compares a human child to the half-breed progeny of a Being or Beast that one is not like the other; the requirement for documentation needn't be so strict."

Students known to be halfbreeds remain ineligible for study at Hogwarts.

AUTHOR: OLLA MIRAGE

Template created by ASHOO! of Caution 2.0 and edited by Shante of Charming.

written by Kayte

[-] The following 1 user Likes Daily Prophet's post:
       Ophelia Dippet
    WANT TO WRITE FOR THE PROPHET?
    CC Cassius Lestrange on all articles.
    OCTOBER 3RD 1887
    MALFOY DECLARES CAMPAIGN FOR MINISTER

Supreme Mugwump enters race: "The time has come for a strong and seasoned politician to lead this great country.”

[Image: IREQTBv.png]

On October 1st, Barnabas Malfoy, the Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards, announced his campaign for the position of Minister for Magic, following the resignation of Balthazar Urquart in September. Declaring his run for office at a grand, autumnal garden party held at Malfoy Manor, the Malfoy patriarch invited numerous socialites and Ministry officials to the announcement.

“I have seen the world and dealt with her leaders; I have proposed laws for the benefit of magical kind, as well as snuffed out legislation that would bring about hardship and tragedy, tragedy that I fear might arise again,” Mr. Malfoy began. “With an election upon the horizon, we stare uncertainty in the face: whom do we elect? Which hands do we place the reins of order and stability in? The waters of politics are not a kind thing; they do not permit all to sail them, and even then those who are given such a pleasure face unpredictable hardships. We must elect someone of character and strength, someone wizened and familiar with the mechanics of government as well as they are familiar with the cogs of society— no, I am not speaking of Mr. Conri Power.”

“For this very reason, I have decided to enter the race for Minister for Magic, to keep Britain afloat in her time of disquiet and epidemic.  I believe the time has come for a strong and seasoned politician to lead this great country.”

Later, Mr. Malfoy spared time for a private audience with the Daily Prophet where he applauded previous Minister for Magic, Balthazar Urquart for putting his country first in her time of need, and proceeded to outline his concern of the werewolf epidemic, calling for an extensive and well-manicured werewolf registry.

Mr. Malfoy is credited as one of the prime forces that lead to Urquart’s resignation, following his call for the Minister’s resignation only a week prior. An experienced and decorated Ministry official, first served as Senior Undersecretary to the Minister for Magic in 1835 to 1841 and has gone on to work as the Head of the Department of Magical Co-Operation from 1844 to 1872 before his appointment to the International Confederation of Wizards.

AUTHOR: IAN PENGLOSS

Template created by ASHOO! of Caution 2.0 and edited by Shante of Charming.

written by Rune

WANT TO WRITE FOR THE PROPHET?
    CC Cassius Lestrange on all articles.

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      BLISHWICK SCHOOL TO OPEN DOORS Daily Prophet 0 205 04-24-2017, 06:26 PM
    Last Post: Daily Prophet