Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    10.17 Election 1887 campaign ledgers are up!
    10.16 Kayte's changed her (Charming) face!
    10.10 Congrats to September's PW winners Olive and Miri!
    10.03 An update on the Hogwarts ban...
    10.01 It's now October~
    09.30 The AC Approaches
    09.24 We have new Wenches!
    09.24 A wild election deadline appears!
    09.14 Witch Weekly needs more Wenches!
    09.10 Hags have hired!
    09.05 Hags are Hiring & Update your CML Entries
    09.04 Congratulations to Lynn and Bree for winning August's PW!

#147 - Exclusive Interview with Eugene Scamander!
    [Image: JljDq1R.jpg]
    The third week of the journey will see sweepstakes winners touring both the ancient city of Jerusalem (of religious significance and Crusader fame) and the lovely port resort of Acre! The Sweepstakes Holiday Visits The Holy Land
    The Tarjuma Karna is connected via a type of Floo (without fireplaces, since the less civilized peoples generally do not have such accommodations) to the Persian capital of Tehran, and from there our travel correspondents will be traveling via magic carpet to the 'Holy Land' and visiting the ancient city of Jerusalem. Jerusalem is, of course, famous for being the center point of many stories in both Jewish and Christian heritage and the city around which the conflict of the twelfth-fourteenth century Crusades revolved around. Even for those not particularly devout, however, the city holds many historical and architectural marvels.

Traditional Mid-Eastern architecture lines the streets of Jerusalem, making such a charming skyline!

Jerusalem will also offer you an opportunity to visit the Mid-Eastern bazaars, where all sorts of exotic delicacies and fashions can be purchased. Following your stay in Jerusalem, you will travel (via camel!) to Acre, a beach city with a spectacular view of the Mediterranean, for a few days of sea-side holidaying to finish out the week.

When you've soaked up your share of Mediterranean sun, you'll board a cruise yacht for your final destination--which will be revealed next week!
    Mrs. Ross has 9 siblings! Seven Facts About Mrs. Roslyn Ross
    Mrs. Roslyn Ross née Fisk was born August 4th, 1859, making her a Leo.

Mrs. Ross is fifth child born to Mr. Brannon Fisk and the late Mrs. Delia Fisk.

She is the wife of current ministerial candidate Mr. Justin Ross. The pair married in 1877.

Together they have two children, with a sizable age gap!

During her time at Hogwarts Mrs. Ross was a Hufflepuff.

Her wand is made of Hazel wood with a demiguise hair core. Hazel wands are said to be completely devoted to their masters.

She enjoys spending her leisure time in her family's garden.
    While this is but another bid for Minister of Magic by Mr. Scamander, his chances seem all the more bolstered by his newfound position. If you have any opinions on the matter, please send them directly to Witch Weekly so we may respond to and analyze your claims. An Exclusive Interview With Mr. Eugene Scamander, Candidate for Minister of Magic!
    As many of you may know by now, Mr. Eugene Scamander, acting Head of the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office and member of the Wizengamot, has most recently announced his second running for the position of Minister of Magic. Our reporters at Witch Weekly simply could not resist the temptation to garner an interview with the gentleman and, luckily, were invited to his home office in Wellingtonshire to properly discuss the campaign. Upon entrance, the space was filled with cases of research and leisure reading, paperwork, and literature regarding various magical and muggle subjects. Mr. Scamander was dressed in a more casual fashion in comparison to his more formal attire at the Ministry and sprouted a smile throughout the majority of our encounter. Once seated across from one another, the meeting began rather quickly and, arguably, ended a little too quickly! To read part of the interview, please continue on below!

An exquisite depiction of Mr. Eugene Scamander himself!

WW: Why did you decide to run for Minister?
    "I decided to run again because I found my last campaign to be a solid foundation in which I was able to reach out and support the community. I've been working closely with Mr. Urquart during his time in office and we share a similar platform. I found no faults in his leadership during his tenure and since we are similarly politically minded, there would not be a huge shift from his office to mine. That would please a lot of people, I believe, though there are certainly others looking for a change. I'd like to bring my own spin to the office and take a serious look at some of our current legislation to see if we can't make some forward progress."

WW: What do you think has prepared you to take on this new role?
    "Having spent most of my professional life in the Ministry, I've worked from the bottom up. I started as a fresh intern right out of school, pushed up to departmental employee and onward to head of the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office. I've worked with some of the ministry's finest in a wide variety of matters. My department is very dependent on our ability to be cooperative; we often utilize the assistance of other branches and offices to successfully handle situations that would otherwise be increasingly difficult to settle."

WW: If you could change one policy enacted by Minister Urquart, what would it be and why?
    "I would like to take a look at some of our current "halfbreed" legislation. I understand there is a discrepancy in the way we are handling the situation. There are ways to meet in the middle between what appear to be drastically different situations of the situation. I cannot say for sure what exactly I would like to change, but the issues that are on everyone's mind deserve some focus and discussion within the ministry itself."

WW: What are your opinions on his resignation?
    "I find the circumstances surround his resignation most unfortunate. As both his co-worker and friend, my heart goes out to him and his family. No parent wants to find their child so suddenly afflicted with such a severe condition. As a father, I completely understand why he chose to resign. There is nothing more important than family and he needs to focus on his children now more than ever."

WW: What would you say sets you apart from the other candidates?
    "I believe my experience both as a previous candidate in the last election and my inter-departmental knowledge gives me just the slightest of edges. You can work in the ministry for your entire life, but if you never learn what your colleagues are doing in difference offices you are missing out on the whole picture in how our government operates. Having run before, I am familiar with the ins and outs of running a successful platform, despite not winning last round. It is certainly not as easy as it appears!"

WW: How would your friends and family describe you if asked?
    "If you asked my wife she would most likely say I was passionate about what I feel is right. I would hope my friends would say I'm level-headed, fair and dedicated."

WW: What do you think are the most important issues facing magical Britain today?
    "Personally I find our immeasurable class differences to be a detriment to our society. Our access to a full education, based on the cost, is astronomical. Education needs to be accessible by all, regardless of their wealth and class status. The more educated we are as society, the greater our chances at success are."
    If only we could say we're surprised –
    you can take a girl out of the slum but you can't take the slum out of the girl!
    Heard Around Town!
    This week's most scintillating gossip hot off the press! Stay in the loop with Witch Weekly.

~ * ~

“Reuben Crouch — the cursebreaker, not one of the ones who works in the Ministry — goes out of town all the time for his job, but I heard this latest absence wasn't for business. He's been gone nearly a month, isn't that strange? I heard someone say he eloped!”

~ * ~

“As I understand it, Miss Annabellle Scrimgeour was caught in a state of unmentionable immorality with a gentleman and by her father no less! Shocking! Of course she was disowned because she lacked the consideration and good grace to die of mortification like any self-respecting young lady would. Of course, any self-respecting young lady wouldn't be up to
    those antics in the first place!”

~ * ~

“I have it from a good source that Headmaster Black is intending to join the fray as a potential Ministerial candidate and will be announcing his intention to run any day now. Who better to be our next Minister of Magic than a pureblood wizard of such distinguished breeding and high renown as Phineas Nigellus Black?”

~ * ~

“You remember Miss Blackwood, who flew around the world? Well, I heard she might have faked the whole thing, including the part where she was "missing"! A friend of a friend saw her in Paris, and she was probably in France the entire time. It's sad what some women will do for attention, isn't it? Though that's what comes from letting a girl pursue a career in Quidditch when she ought to be courting.”
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Witch Weekly's post:
       Annabelle Scrimgeour
    [Image: LfXn1Er.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      Issue #146 - Exclusive Interview with Justin Ross, Candidate for Minister Witch Weekly 5 322 09-10-2017, 07:06 AM
    Last Post: Witch Weekly
      Issue #105 - Interview With A Ghost! Witch Weekly 5 1,103 10-23-2016, 10:09 PM
      Issue #66 - Unfogging the Future: An interview with Miss Apollodora Vablatsky Witch Weekly 5 985 01-24-2016, 06:06 PM
      Issue #64 - An Interview with Mrs. Winifred Fudge! Witch Weekly 4 990 01-10-2016, 04:28 AM
      Issue #61 - Our Christmas Present; An Interview With Olivia Pendergast Witch Weekly 4 876 12-20-2015, 02:34 AM