Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    09.14 Witch Weekly needs more Wenches!
    09.10 Hags have hired!
    09.05 Hags are Hiring & Update your CML Entries
    09.04 Congratulations to Lynn and Bree for winning August's PW!
    09.02 The AC is underway, and the results are in for Camp Charming...
    09.01 September ahoy! A new school year, new skins, and elections!
    08.27 Upcoming AC and Wizengamot tweak
    08.21 So you want to be a Student Club President?
    08.08 We have two PW winners for July: Soph and Beanie!
    08.07 SWP7 update for those working/in Hogsmeade
    08.05 Hogwarts updates have begun! Also, the AC is underway.

Character Relationships PT.2
    GOING OFF THIS THREAD, do your characters have any friendships that were established IC or have really deep meaning to your characters' histories and whatnot? What about romances? Or really any deep, meaningful relationships that play a role in your character's lives. I always have the WORST time establishing IC connections for people so usually it's just a whole shit-ton of acquaintanceships.

Bella was publicly disowned on September 11, 1887 after running away from home and currently lives with Coraline Cattermole in Southampton.

I've had a few?
    -Robeliaaaaa.
    -Tristan and Rasmus also started from an Open thread and they didn't really know one another prior and it became one of Tristans first and most deepest romantic entanglements.
    - Clarissa and her past thing with a lower class student named Evan Miller
    - Andsina ;) < - she still has feelings for him so it has effected her romantic game >.>

some others but I'm in the middle of cooking dinner XD
    [-] The following 2 users Like Clarissa Cosgrove's post:
       Acacia Ruskin, Marlowe Forfang
    [Image: mwm6sF.png]
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    I totally forgot to post my own dammit >.>
    Andrew obviously loves Jamesina so that's impacted his life. He never got over the guilt he had from sorta ruining things with her when his brother died, so he's had to live with that.

Annabelle's best friend is Clara Cattermole! They met when Bella was a first year and they both have similar interests. Annabelle is also friends with Cora Van Helsing, January Lynch, and Regina Lacey because they were her dorm-mates!

Cameron is growing attached to Maddie Bell in a friendly way because he met her before he knew he was a wizard and now he's a wizard and she's also a witch. I feel like he really hopes she'll wanna be his friend so he'll have someone to do stuff with during the summer months because he was super lonely last summer!

Dionisa's Hogwarts friends were Phoebe Beauregard and Zelda Fisk and they both took her in when she was a wee little orphan.

Frida is sorta lonely but she hangs off Seneca Lestrange, Gretchen Lestrange, and Vesta Bones so I'm not really sure if they count?

Handsome has Maddie who's basically been his rock during his rough times, though his relationship with her will inevitably cause more rough times in the future because of their class differences!

Holly has grown attached to Seneca Lestrange!

Mathias' BFF is Upton Nott, who he's known since school! He also had romantic relationships with Zephyra Zane, February Lynch, and Rose Beaumont (née Pendergast), but only the first and last really had a lasting impact on him. Rose's death also crushed Mathias and he's still not a functioning human being.

Odette was once engaged to Julian Fisk but now considers her vampire creator, Andreas Hoch, to be her mate!

Violetta's BFF is Valeria Greengrass, and her other friends are Antigone Lestrange and Demetria Longbottom! She's also romantically attached to Roman Crouch.

I also have more stuff ~developing~ that I haven't added to this list!

Bella was publicly disowned on September 11, 1887 after running away from home and currently lives with Coraline Cattermole in Southampton.

omg so much IC crap goodness.

Elsie & Tybalt were a  mutual effort thanks to both my and MJ's endless love of open threads. So much IC drama, I can't even but there's they went from tentative friends, to study buddies, to best friends, to crushing, to kissing, to hi I love you, and jealousy and drama. It's great. I love them.

Uhhh, Rue & Lock was ALL IC development, like crazy ass up half the night rapid fires; there was another woman involved; some amnesia; love potions; fake marriages and look hey, they're actually married with two kids!

HAMLET ughh I miss the Hamlet days, Hamish wooing Violet, the Hogsmeade Trail, daddy drama, marriage, kiddos. So much fun.

Adella & Philip was the longest courtship dance of my life, but it was totally worth it! ERA APPROPRIATE COURTING REALISM.

Angie & Eli & Cash are heartbreaking but soooooooo worth it. Best friends, lovers, they've all kissed IC, it's great.

Claude's had love life drama, betrothal drama, a slow burn of a current betrothal. He's easy.

Eavan's currently in the middle of some good ship drama, thanks to a good networking plug >D

Everett is a clusterfuck of the good the, the bad and the ugly. Some newbie blunders on my part got him fired, he had like 4 jobs IC, mooched off his bro James for a while. He wound up getting a doorstep baby that wasn't his, but he kept her, and then another, and then he managed to catch Grace and keep her and now he's got legitimate babies and is doing alright for himself. So respectable!

Jesse's gone from fist fights and flirting to eloping with his sweetheart and they're now expecting a baby!

Mason is awkwarding his way around crushing on a girl who was a student his first year teaching. It's going alright, they've got a mutual tentative thing going on.

Syd & Ginny 4 life. Can't wait for wolfy-drama.

Vic and Le were all good IC hurling. They have a great connection, they mesh well. I love them, they had babymama drama and got murried it's lovely. I love them. They make me happy.

OH BAXTER and Odira, there's a slow burn of a ship for you. They danced once, she got married, he was engaged to another woman. They rekindle this thing after she gets kidnapped and he finds her wandering the cemetery with amnesia, delivers her baby in that same cemetery, then her husband dies, he breaks off his engagement and now we're in this hella awkward dance of when is taking the next step appropriate. XD

Gemma has some SOLID friendships and a crushy-shippy possibility. I literally friend hurled her at everybody and she did so well.
    [-] The following 3 users Like Elsie Beauregard's post:
       Clarissa Cosgrove, Helena MacMillan, Marlowe Forfang
    Get Featured in Witch Weekly!
    [Image: rb7FoHm.png]
    stunning set by Lady ♥
    [Image: 2emz8zq.png]
    Ophelia was 100% IC hurling and but I've done all of her friendships through networking because uhhh IDK I'm a bad friend. She has had a lot of IC development of hate-ships with other women though xD

Lou/Zelda was IC development! Obviously Luna was planned since he was a wanted character for that =P

Ben/Ellory was all IC and wasn't intended to be shippy at all, it was just an excuse for Soph to get Ellory out of the country and for me to have a fun thread with Olivia Pendergast. AND LOOK HOW THAT TURNED OUT.

Thomula and Thannah both developed entirely IC! though I had ulterior motives on the former and I'm not even going to disguise them; at the time Darcula was a thing and Olive was obsessed and I figured if I hurled someone at Ursula I'd be able to leverage posts out of her AND I WAS RIGHT AND IT'S WORKED EVER SINCE

Anti was all IC and I think they might have been the only people to have gotten hooked up on the Arranged Marriages list and then gone through with it? xD And Tiberia was originally supposed to be like a creepy cousin-crush on his part that was unrequited but it developed into a real thing IC.

Cashli, Angeli, Angelic, Cangie = all IC developments. Eli had a crush on Cash when I apped him but we weren't even sure Cash was gay yet, and then Angie/Eli was all on the fly.

As Bee mentioned, Rock was all IC.

Basically I think the only relationships I've had that weren't developed IC are when I app a character who's already married?
    [-] The following 3 users Like Topaz Urquart's post:
       Elsie Beauregard, Marlowe Forfang, Odira Potter

SYNNY 5EVA

BEDAZZLE 6EVA

Ben and @Delight Urquart became friends after an awkward conversation when he essentially insulted her mother and her career aspirations. He has since grown.

Gaius and Nova! They're perfect on paper, but they actually interacted a LOT IC before they or we committed to anything full-on.
    [-] The following 2 users Like Odira Potter's post:
       Elsie Beauregard, Marlowe Forfang
    — Kayte isn't awesome at networking. Get in touch if you'd like a thread! —
    #kaytesactivethreads

set by the unparalleled lady
    As Lynn mentioned, Thannah was entirely an IC development and it was certainly a roller coaster. Extorting a bride price, lowkey murdering your father-in-law, sneaking around for a year, replacing your dying son with a fake baby so you can still get married. You know. The usual. Now they're expecting their baby and are happily married (~for now~). IIRC Ophelia was made in part to be Hannah's PSYR roomie who was so done with her mopey shit when Thannah drama was at its height; I feel like there was a very brief period where they could have been unlikely friends ala Elphaba/Glinda in Wicked, but that ship sailed a while ago. xD Ursula/Hannah was also an organic hate!ship, though that's probably mostly because, you know, Thannah got married. lmao

Oliver was created as part Kayte's Cete group, but I also friendhurled him around quite a bit and he also had a crush on Gwyneth Cadwallader for like, the entire time he was at school. They were mistletoe victims. It was cute.

Ned came baked in with a lot of pre-existing relationships when I picked him up, but he's sort of made up with Ellory about their whole betrothal, but still feels hella awkward around her. He and Minnie have also gotten closer, if you kwim ;) I guess he and Ben Crouch are probably not going to be on great terms either whenever Ben comes back from Canada. Awkward cousin cockblocking FTW.

I feel like I should have more for how long I've been around but I'm blanking. #whoops
    [-] The following 3 users Like Hannah Pettigrew's post:
       Elsie Beauregard, Helena MacMillan, Marlowe Forfang
    [Image: RTPnycC.jpg]
    GORGEOUS LADYSET #374
     Pregnancy Ticker
    (09-13-2017, 08:35 PM)Hannah Pettigrew Wrote: I feel like there was a very brief period where they could have been unlikely friends ala Elphaba/Glinda in Wicked, but that ship sailed a while ago. xD

I WANTED THAT SO BADLY AND I DIDN'T THINK YOU FELT THAT WAY AAAAAAAAAH.

I agree that ship has sailed but I feel so... uh retroactively vindicated for having friend-shipped them secretly? xD
    [-] The following 2 users Like Ophelia Dippet's post:
       Annabelle Scrimgeour, Hannah Pettigrew
    As Lynn mentioned, Ben/Ellory were IC! I'm pretty sure that the shippiness happened because I misread Lynn's post that Ben stole a sausage from Ellory's plate and then we kinda rolled with it and lead to them rolling in the grass. xD

I think she and Cash developed as favourite cousins IC! Beanie and I were probably like "they're friendly" but that gradually turned into "you're one of the few people I like in this family" xD

She and Anne also developed IC. Or Jenny and I might have gone "oooh, let's thread them" but idt it was a set in stone "they should be besties!" thing.

Ellory and Antigone's glorious hateship was also IC. TBH, with their closeness in age and their clashing personalities it would be a wonder if they weren't a hateship. xD

Marcus and Penny Humphrey-Mavis are IC! I had an open thread in at the theatre and Lauren took it with Lady P and it was awesome. They had an empty period gap because I was gone for half a year, but look at them nooow <3

Elmer and Nova's emo slightly shippy friendship was also IC! I did take this Nova open thread with Elmer because I thought it'd be fun, seeing that they're similar, but you never rly know if those things will actually work out, you know?

Yarrow and Nigel's friendship. They were both Slytherins, on the house team and shared a birthday. I had Yarrow write Nigel for that. I don't think we actually did much with them after that, but now I can't imagine them not being friends. <3

Javert and Orpheus was IC! Or it was one of those "oh look, they're the same age, why not thread them?" that ended up working out!

Oh! Javert and Rena, also IC! Lynn had an open thread with Rena at a ball and then all the bird shenanigans happened.

Ruby and Libby Abbott are IC! Miri and I didn't really plan for them to be good friends, but I love them now <3

Sen and Holly! We did plan their first thread, but you never know if characters will have the chemistry, so they worked out well!

Cee's best friend from 2012-2013, Ada Rivers, was IC! I miss theeem :(

I probably have more that I don't remember or that are from two years ago and the characters are since inactive. xD This thread also makes me feel like a fail for not having more with my currently active people, soooo, I should probably work on that. xD
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Ellory Pendergast's post:
       Annabelle Scrimgeour
    Well an obvious one for us was Haddie - they were just prefecting buds and some schooling threads, but they were so super cute together. I'm fairly sure Maddie got her crush on IC, and if Kelly hadn't mentioned wanting a thread where Sweetie gets suspicious of them none of it might have come out and that wee ship might have stayed in my brain! XD
    [-] The following 2 users Like Ari Scrimgeour's post:
       Acacia Ruskin, Annabelle Scrimgeour
    Ari's twin has been disowned and has run away, you may mistake the two.
    My Name is Nobody
    [Image: huKqNiJ.jpg]
    Because Nobody's perfect

MJ is a Graphical Goddess
    Immac was developed IC! Beanie and I were like, "they're sad, let's throw them together!", and I think we were literally only like 3-4 posts in, and suddenly they had a ship name and they eloped two years later. But even though they've entered into the Happy Married Life category, I still find them interesting because they've both have certainly grown up in the last few years, and it's been great to play out. XD Immie also has a few friendship ships that I love, as well - Emu (Immie & Rue), Imelia (Immie & Amelia Evans), and Imace (Immie & Grace Grimm)!

Libby Abbott and Rubyyyy. They were an IC friend!hurl that became one of my favorites. <3

Clara and Annabelle Scrimgeour's friendship was more previously established than developed IC, but it's definitely one of my more notable ones!

Gareliaaaa. <3 Their relationship was developed entirely IC! They had chemistry from the very first thread, and was actually one of the few couples to actually make it through Kayte's first Hurling Roulette. They met in 1884, started courting in 1885, got engaged and married in 1886, and are now expecting their first baby in Oct. 1887. ^.^ GABB (Garrett, Ari Fisk, Ben Sterling, & Baxter Keene) was developed IC, born out of the fact that our men needed more bros, and they were also all conveniently close in age at school.

Jesse and Marianne! They predate even Immac, and was developed IC! Started with some flirting in 1883, steadily became something more, so much so that in Mary's last year of school, they were technically, secretly engaged, but didn't actually act on it until Oct. 1885 when they eloped! They're now expecting their first child! <3 Mary is also part of a girls group consisting of both Elsie Beauregard and Temerita Reid - Temarie, we called them!

Persephone Van Helsing and August Lynch - Augone - was developed IC! It basically started with Stef and I going, "hey, I wonder what would happen if we threw them together..." and it just sort of went from there (and a competition between us both to see how many words we could write in single post - Stef won with over 1600 words). XD

Aaaand that's about it, I think? The ones that stand out to me, at least!
    I'm currently on absence, detailed here.
    Please send all alerts to @Imogen MacFusty, thank you!
    [Image: 6ipiXdu.jpg]
    signature and avatar created by the talented ladybug
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Acacia:
    • Ignatius Quirrell- Met in an open thread, and the sparks seemed to be instant. They are so adorably oblivious to the fact that they are totally having crushes for each other. It's very cute that they even have a ship name already.
    • Maddie- Though they haven't threaded recently (probably partially due to Acacia's anxiety and fear that she shall be rejected by Maddie during this chaos). Acacia views Maddie as her best friend, though does not know if the feeling is mutual.
    • Handsome- It's not a friendship, but it was developed IC. Acacia honestly has a true fear of anyone that looks at her with, well, fear. Mainly due to the fact that a group of NPC students attacked her for the fun of it in the name of the fact that she's a half-breed, and she has been very fragile about anyone who she sees to be threatening towards her. It was a true misunderstanding that ended terribly. She almost insisted for Crystal to end her friendship with Sweetie over it (fearing that Sweetie has the same 'violent' traits).
    • Annabelle- She is quite friendly to her, especially due to the fact that the debutant has given her new inspiration to try and stand up for herself and her fellow half-breeds, starting with changing her once fictional book into a book about her own life.
    Guinevere:
    • Ursula Black- This is also not a friendship, but it is IC. They had an interesting argument. Guinevere is against purist views, mainly due to her brother being a squib, and then becoming best friends with a Muggleborn while in school. As most know, Ursula is a purist. Things were said, Guinevere tried to correct Ursula on parenting techniques, it was all very… interesting.
    Hestia:
    • Sapphire- It was a random thought of them randomly interacting, to them becoming best friends. Now the pair of them are obsessed with fire together. They're fire buddies.
    [Image: campfire-flames.gif]
    Juniper:
    • Countess Gwen- Verbal cat fight occurred in an open thread that was very interesting and entertaining. Juniper left the fight with her name not being given, cause she's a smart girl.
    Lisa:
    • Aeror- She doesn't like him one bit, but does owe him thanks for giving help to her ill son.
    • Eve- Her little 'creation'. Eve is a vampire that Lisa turned out of anger. Now they are frenemies.
    Luce:
    • Nathan Blackwall- She is upset by him for his accidental magic as he was picking a wand to buy, as she got caught in the chaos of the accidental magic.
    Margaret:
    • Annabelle- She is an acquaintance of her, due to small kindness to one another and friendly chatting.
    [Image: QS_9c044393f2074b61b73a1a2a96d03bc2.jpg]
    Nectar:
    • Esteban- Their courtship was made from an Open thread, and bloomed from there.
    Regina:
    • Annabelle- They were in the same year and house at school, and Regina desperately wishes to draw out her own bravery to leave her current situation like Annabelle did.
    Sweetie:
    • Handsome- Though siblings, I did imagine their relationship would be a lot different then it is. I thought they would get along a lot more, but that ended up seriously not being the case.
    • Maddie- She honestly doesn't trust her. Especially now that it has damaged the already broken relationship of her and her older brother to the point that no repair is in site. She sees Maddie as a gold digger, mainly due to the fact that they were never introduced, and she finds that suspicious.
    [-] The following 2 users Like Acacia Ruskin's post:
       Annabelle Scrimgeour, Clarissa Cosgrove

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      Character Cull Emmeline Woodcroft 8 412 03-17-2017, 05:12 PM
    Last Post: Emmeline Woodcroft
      KAYTE POLLS: How Old is Your Character? Odira Potter 6 1,936 06-28-2016, 01:54 PM
    Last Post: Cassius Lestrange
      BREE'S CHARACTER QUESTIONNAIRE Handsome Whitledge 0 306 05-19-2016, 05:05 PM
    Last Post: Handsome Whitledge
      The Great Character Survey 2016 Odira Potter 97 11,377 04-07-2016, 10:30 AM
    Last Post: Violetta Lestrange
      What Is Your Character's Accent? Ellory Pendergast 4 1,240 08-24-2015, 10:23 AM
    Last Post: Gertrude Baker