Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    09.14 Witch Weekly needs more Wenches!
    09.10 Hags have hired!
    09.05 Hags are Hiring & Update your CML Entries
    09.04 Congratulations to Lynn and Bree for winning August's PW!
    09.02 The AC is underway, and the results are in for Camp Charming...
    09.01 September ahoy! A new school year, new skins, and elections!
    08.27 Upcoming AC and Wizengamot tweak
    08.21 So you want to be a Student Club President?
    08.08 We have two PW winners for July: Soph and Beanie!
    08.07 SWP7 update for those working/in Hogsmeade
    08.05 Hogwarts updates have begun! Also, the AC is underway.

A Hat in the Ring
    [3 September 1887]

Part of Roman couldn't believe that everything was moving so fast. It seemed like only yesterday that he had started his position as Undersecretary to the Minister, yet after only a year, the Minster had stepped down. Now his position was open and it was one that Roman coveted. He wasn't going to lie; he had gone for the Undersecretary position as a stepping stone. Now was his chance. No matter how much he had respected Minister Urquart --despite some of their differing political opinions-- he was gone and now was his chance.

Out of respect, he had waited a few days, taking the time to make up his mind that running was what he really wanted to do. In the end, it was and now he had to make the announcement. It only made sense that Aldous was to be first person he told, considering they lived together. Even so, Roman felt rather nervous to be bringing it up, just as he did about everything that lay ahead.

"Aldous?" he called, stepping in through the front door of their house that evening after work, removing his coat and loosening his tie as he made his way to the area that his elder brother typically seemed to inhabit. "Are you home yet?"

@Odira Potter // @Aldous Crouch
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Roman Crouch's post:
       Aldous Crouch
    Roman wears glasses now... sometimes.
    [Image: JgNYjgx.jpg]
    [Image: IdWXZx.png]

Aldous Crouch had no taste for glory.

He had risen as high as he wanted, and was content indeed with his present professional position, an important role, a public one, even, but not one subject to an overabundance of scrutiny. He was content with the paperwork he glanced over at the small writing desk in the parlour, a scarcely touched pre-dinner brandy sat on the surface beside him.

“Yes, in here,” he called in perfunctory answer, barely even realizing he was speaking as he did. “Just finishing up some paperwork.”

That would come as little surprise—Aldous was always “finishing up” something for the job that had become his wife and mistress as well as his livelihood.
    after a splinching incident in july 1884, aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp.
    [Image: xndky8.jpg]
    set by breezey
    Hearing his brother's voice, Roman made his way to the drawing room, draping his jacket across the back of the chair he was going to sit in. "Ah, the endless paperwork," he said knowingly. His own career had a similar amount, so he kinew Aldous' situation well. "I don't think I've seen my desk clear in the year I've been at it."

He poured himself a glass of brandy then, before settling into the armchair. For a moment he sat quietly, letting Aldous do his work while gathering his own thoughts, sipping on his drink.

"Has the Minister's resignation affected your department much?" he questioned after a few moments, leading them into the conversation that he wanted to have.

“The liaisons are more engaged now,” Aldous replied after thinking a moment, “looking for gossip to take back to their own governments. But on the whole, no, not yet—I imagine once frontrunners start to emerge, or even candidates. As far as I know, no one has yet declared.”

Aldous had his guesses as to who some of the candidates might be. He’d eat his hat if November’s father-in-law did not put forward his name, and any of Minister Urquart’s Wizengamot nominations would be sound choices. It would be interesting to see how things panned out in the weeks, months to come.

“How are things in your office?” he asked his brother sympathetically. “I cannot imagine this turn of events has helped your workload.”
    after a splinching incident in july 1884, aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp.
    [Image: xndky8.jpg]
    set by breezey
    "Oh, the stack of paperwork grows ever larger," Roman commented in response to the status of his own office. With Balt gone, his duties had doubled. He wondered how late he would be coming home in the next few weeks, if not months. "If I don't come home for a few days, send a search party to come retrieve me."

But there were other issues on his mind too, which would make Roman ever more busy. "Actually," he began, setting his brandy down and looking over at his brother seriously. "I was considering running for Minister myself." It had been his goal for the longest time and here was his chance. He was likely considered a bit young for the position, but he had spent years studying wizarding law in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement and another year actually working in the Minister's office. He was qualified.