Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

It's Quiet Uptown [Abey's Networking]
    Player Name Abey
    Quick Facts: Hiya! I'm Abey. I've been around a time or two before, a few years prior. I'm currently in university (woot, it was tough to get here) on scholarship; so there are times where activity will be low so I can focus on grades (because if I lose said scholarships, I'm done with university entirely). I'm HoH/deaf (it's gotten worse), an animal lover and I raise ducks in my free time (I live on a farm; feel free to ask me about it--or for photos).
    Contact: Skype: riptidal1, FB: Ivy Elane Pope, PM Adalynne Banne

Character: Adalynne Banne
    Quick Facts: Adalynne is the only daughter in the Banne family. She's a shy girl, who's actually really obedient... She views the world through rose-colored glasses; and doesn't really see evil anywhere. Her family has no muggle or muggleborn connections to their family.
    House: Beauxbatons: Bellefeuille
    Grad Year: 1887
    Class: U
    Blood/Race: HB

Needs:
    Friends/Classmates/Former Classmates: As for friends, she's made none since moving earlier in the year. All of her former classmates are back in France (unless you would like to have a French import made to be her friend; or set up a background with someone who's studied abroad, etc.) and so she's not had a chance to really reach out and make friends--not with her mothers' watchful gaze.

Hurls: Anything romantic with Adalynne outside of her mothers' wishes, will be hard-pressed to happen, unless they can convince her to act in thrill-seeking behavior--such as liking someone her mother might not approve of. These plots are open.

Mrs. Banne is currently seeking a husband for her daughter. These are those requirements:
    • Age can be younger (if wealthy with good outlook) to older; no maximum.
    • Reputation must be a five; though a four will do if he is wealthy or has a proper job.
    • Mrs. Banne prefers firstborn sons, though she will consider secondborn too. Thirdborn will only be considered if his brothers' are married or deceased.
    • UCPB or UCHB only. Preferably no distinguishable muggle ties.
    [Image: mfejk2.png]
    Hi, I'm Bree! I'm pretty sure we chatted in the cbox, but here's me making my formal introduction. I'm a university student in my freshman year but I tend to never be spotty because roleplaying is my stress-reliever and I need it! I consider myself a Slytherpuff and have been into Harry Potter since I was twelve!

I have surprisingly few connections for you, but I'll offer what I can!
    @Annabelle Scrimgeour graduated in the same year as Adalynne, but obviously they attended different schools. I'm not sure how well Adalynne's English is, but Annabelle speaks awful French because she is a failure of a debutante. She's UCPB but was raised by lower class muggles after being kidnapped as an infant, but this probably isn't known to Adalynne and her mother seeing as they're from outside the country. She hates muggle-haters and would rather marry a muggle than a blood purist #rebel.

@Cornelius Sherington III probably wouldn't a good hurl for Adalynne seeing as he's from muggle nobility and has a muggle father, but we could still do something with them at some point and time! He's a former Gryffindor and has a big heart.

@George Livesey would probably be a better hurling option for Adalynne, but he has nothing against muggles and would be all ??? if he heard a halfblood being somewhat purist.
    So basically I'm all-around useless for you at the moment but I would love to get to know you and plot with you when/if you make more characters or when/if I make characters that would have better chances interacting with yours.

Charms & CoMC & DADA & Ghoul Studies & Transfiguration

(09-04-2017, 05:39 PM)Handsome Whitledge Wrote: Hi, I'm Bree! I'm pretty sure we chatted in the cbox, but here's me making my formal introduction. I'm a university student in my freshman year but I tend to never be spotty because roleplaying is my stress-reliever and I need it! I consider myself a Slytherpuff and have been into Harry Potter since I was twelve!

I have surprisingly few connections for you, but I'll offer what I can!
    @Annabelle Scrimgeour graduated in the same year as Adalynne, but obviously they attended different schools. I'm not sure how well Adalynne's English is, but Annabelle speaks awful French because she is a failure of a debutante. She's UCPB but was raised by lower class muggles after being kidnapped as an infant, but this probably isn't known to Adalynne and her mother seeing as they're from outside the country. She hates muggle-haters and would rather marry a muggle than a blood purist #rebel.

@Cornelius Sherington III probably wouldn't a good hurl for Adalynne seeing as he's from muggle nobility and has a muggle father, but we could still do something with them at some point and time! He's a former Gryffindor and has a big heart.

@George Livesey would probably be a better hurling option for Adalynne, but he has nothing against muggles and would be all ??? if he heard a halfblood being somewhat purist.
    So basically I'm all-around useless for you at the moment but I would love to get to know you and plot with you when/if you make more characters or when/if I make characters that would have better chances interacting with yours.

I'd actually love to RP with all three of those fellows. xD The two males, honestly, would make good friends--and she's not really 'purist'. Her mother is. She could care less; her ideal is to marry for love--but she doesn't have the nerve to go against her mother; so if she fell for someone, she'd have to be convinced to go against Mrs. Banne. So that could be an interesting bit for either of the boys--probably @Cornelius Sherington III, over George. Though George would certainly be someone that Mrs. Banne would semi-approve of. I'd love some kind of misunderstood French-to-English (her English is all right; though she's still learning--she never planned to learn because she speaks Chinese and French fluently and never expected to leave France) with Annabelle. xD
    [Image: mfejk2.png]
    I'm honesty not sure how Cornelius would take to Adalynne because his type is more blonde-ish(?). I don't know much about Adalynne's personality so it would be hard to judge how any of my characters would get along with her!

George might soon be emotionally unavailable pending current threads I currently have going on, but I never really turn down a good hurling threads unless I'm positive the characters wouldn't get along. I'm not sure how he'd take to a mother meddling in the mix and I doubt he'd marry a woman unless there was some level of affection between them, so we can see where this goes!

Annabelle is probably the opposite of Adalynne. She's a loose cannon compared to your typical debutante and actively seeks to go against her parents' wishes. She sorta resents them from stealing her back from the people who raised her and she doesn't hold their prejudices. She's expected to marry a traditional UCPB but she's all "lol nope not gonna happen" to that xD

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
    Open Thread Bree's Networking 4.0 Annabelle Scrimgeour 2 1,101 Yesterday, 01:38 AM
    Last Post: Annabelle Scrimgeour
      John's Networking Qedma Bakaffa 4 147 12-29-2017, 08:11 PM
    Last Post: Aldous Crouch
    Open Thread Silver's Networking! Nerissa Stone 18 557 12-26-2017, 08:53 PM
    Last Post: Elsie Beauregard
      Nichole's Networking V.3 Calla Potts 0 59 12-26-2017, 05:16 PM
    Last Post: Calla Potts
      Networking Guidelines & Coding Elsie Beauregard 3 3,322 12-25-2017, 08:31 AM
    Last Post: Annabelle Scrimgeour