Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    10.17 Election 1887 campaign ledgers are up!
    10.16 Kayte's changed her (Charming) face!
    10.10 Congrats to September's PW winners Olive and Miri!
    10.03 An update on the Hogwarts ban...
    10.01 It's now October~
    09.30 The AC Approaches
    09.24 We have new Wenches!
    09.24 A wild election deadline appears!
    09.14 Witch Weekly needs more Wenches!
    09.10 Hags have hired!
    09.05 Hags are Hiring & Update your CML Entries
    09.04 Congratulations to Lynn and Bree for winning August's PW!

Meetings & Greetings
    See Inside... Thread 
    Open to a Slytherin student in >3rd year!
    Bonus points if they could fill one of these roles

School had gone by quicker the first day than Holly would've imagined. She'd situated herself at the front end of the Slytherin table in the Great Hall, not a single recognizable person in sight. It was a shame her elder brother was dead; it would've been nice to have someone to show her around the school. She was left to wander the halls by herself with the occasional older student to point her in the right direction.

Camille was off doing whatever Camille did (the mere fact that she wasn't in the Great Hall caused the first year a great deal of stress), so she was eating alone. Holly scanned the table to see if Miss Lestrange was eating with her friends, but even she wasn't there at the moment. Perhaps it would've been best to go to the Slytherin common room before venturing down for dinner; the room was bare and food had yet to be served.

One of the kind house elves had brought the first year a bowl of soup — they probably thought her resting bitch face was a sign of unhappiness. She stared down at the food and stirred her spoon around in the bowl, not even realizing that someone had set their things down in front of her.

She glanced up as someone spoke a greeting, a startled expression momentarily popping onto her face. She relaxed when she realized it was just another student and straightened up in her seat.

"Hello," she responded, a forcing a smile onto her face. "I hope your day went well?" It would be best to show friendliness to strangers, she figured. She wasn't sure which of them would prove useful to her in the future, especially seeing that this was an older student.
    Evelyn ducked into the Great Hall, trying her best to be unnoticeable, but it was a tad bit difficult seeing as how the book bag she had slung across her shoulder was rather large and bulky and had already bumped a few students as she tried to move past them. She murmured apologies as she finally came to her house's table, she took a seat across from one of the first years and quietly greeted her. Evelyn sat down and gave a smile back, she had promised herself that she would do better this year, be more outgoing and try to make more friends, or just simply talking to people more. "My day went quite well, thank you. How was your very first day?" Evelyn asked as a plate of food was set in front of her.
    [Image: TGFDCvO.jpg]
    Gorgeous set from MJ!!
    Evelyn is taking COMC and Ghoul Studies
    Word Count: 82 | Tag: @Evelyn Tilney | Date: September 04, 1887

The other girl returned her friendly remark, making Holly decide that she would show kindness rather than an attitude. She was in a good mood after all; she'd been waiting years for her first day at Hogwarts!

"My first day went well! The classes could've been more exciting, though," she commented, wondering if the other girl was going to take a seat. Food would be served soon, and she hoped it would be better than the unseasoned bowl of soup she received!
    Evelyn took a sip from the soup, it was a bit simple but she rather liked it, it was a good starter soup, not too heavy. "That's wonderful, I was such a wreck my first day. Potions and Herbology will get better, well I suppose they will if you like them." She amended as she grabbed a roll.
    Gorgeous set from MJ!!
    Word Count: 85 | Tag: @Evelyn Tilney | Date: September 04, 1887

"Potions and Herbology are no issue for me," she responded just slightly more haughtily than she'd wanted to. She replaced her neutral expression with a smile almost immediately, hoping the other girl wouldn't caught a whiff of her attitude.

"My favorite classes are Potions and Defence Against the Dark Arts, actually. I have Astronomy later tonight and I am not excited about being up that late." Hopefully she wouldn't have any issue passing the class that would keep her up much later than she desired.
    Evelyn's eyes lit up when she mentioned Potions. "Oh yes I adore Potions. I could stay in the classroom for hours and I have quite a library of books about the subject at home, along with books on herbal lore, they go hand in hand." Evelyn paused here to remind herself to slow down. "Astronomy is not all bad, you can day dream about other things and then go over what was in class. The most important part is charting the way the skies change, how the celestial bodies move from week to week, once you've done that the evening is rather yours."
    Gorgeous set from MJ!!