Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

Sing Me A French Lullaby
    See Inside... Thread 
    September 1, 1887 - After Dinner and Sorting

Luce was in the girls dorms, getting ready for bed. She had started absently humming a lullaby from her home country as she did so, having started when she had changed. She was now looking through her things once more, making sure she had not misplaced anything. She wanted to be extra careful. She was quite excited to enjoy what the school had to offer. She wanted to get to know her class mates as much as she could.

She couldn't find one of her books, and guessed that she had left it in the common room. She headed down and looked around. Spotting it, she smiled happily, grabbing it.

Lost in her thoughts and wondering of what the castle and the students that it was the temporary home to, she had started lightly singing in French. She didn't notice that she was singing, she truly didn't. Not until someone had tapped her on the shoulder lightly, trying to get her attention. She looked over. "Yes?" She asked politely.

Open to a female Hufflepuff. 2+ year preferred.

Also, invite: @Sapphire Weasley
    Set created by me! Check out more at my graphics shop!
    [Image: WYhfmOS.jpg]
    Luce speaks with a pronounced French accent
    Anything in Italics is spoken in French.
    While Frida was a happy Hufflepuff, she was unfortunate to have dorm-mates who were less than pleased to be in her presence. She imagined it was her surname that turned them off, for the Lestrange family wasn't exactly known for boasting the qualities that the Hufflepuff house embodied. Kindness, patience, and fairness — all were put off in favor of power, ambition, and cunning, traits that one of her sisters, plenty of her cousins, and her own parents possessed.

She'd left her dorm after her fellow year-mates arrived, wishing to give them space before bedtime. She'd ventured down to the common room with the intention of getting a start on her school reading — instead, however, she noticed one of the newest additions to the house. She tapped lightly on the girl's shoulder and gave her a smile when she turned around to face her.

"You're one of the new first years, yes? My name's Miss Frida Lestrange, a fourth year in Hufflepuff," she explained politely.
    Luce wasn't too familiar with Hufflepuff, or any of the houses. Her family had not gone to this famed school. There were no stories to be passed down through the family. Now, she was going to be the first family member in her immediate family to attend the school. At least, to her knowledge.

She gave the older girl a friendly smile. "I am, and it is nice to meet you, Miss Lestrange. I am Miss Luce Faucher-De Loncrey." She said politely. She was glad to meet so many friendly people in this house. It was a nice welcome, as she missed her uncle and aunt dearly.
    "Oh, you're French."

Those were the first words that left her mouth after the younger girl introduced herself. Frida was acquainted with many who could speak French, but she had no friends — or even simple acquaintances — who were French. She sat down a few seats from the girl, pulling her wand out to summon the teacups from the other side of the tables.

"It's lovely to meet you Miss Faucher-De Loncrey. Are you from France, or have you just inherited the accent from your family?" she asked, wondering whether she descended from a line of Beauxbatons graduates rather than Hogwarts ones.
    Luce nodded. "I am, yes." She said with pride, smiling more. She wasn't sure whether the girl had understood that from the accent, the French singing, or simply her name. Either way, Luce was pleased. She was proud to be French. She watched as the girl sat down, and decided to do so as well. She looked over as the tea cups headed towards them, then back at Miss Lestrange.

"It is lovely to meet you as well, Miss Lestrange. I am from France, yes. My family moved to London last year." She said. She did wonder what Beauxbaton would have been like for her, but she guessed that her Uncle and Aunt were wondering the same thing with Hogwarts for her.
    Frida believed her family had taken her to France at some point before on vacation, but it hadn't been all too recently. She couldn't imagined what it was like to attend a foreign school that one's family had no background with. Did they even have houses at Beauxbatons, or did everyone just attend classes ... together? How were their sleeping arrangements? Did they even have points to earn?

"How are you enjoying Britain? It's a bit different from France, I'd imagine," she continued. British and French culture somewhat intertwined when it came to high fashion and the like, but they were still very different. She wondered what the magical community in France put an emphasis on — was it blood status? Class? How did they deal with gender? They'd had a revolution in the century before, so she imagined they weren't strictly built around the crown.
    Luce wondered what it was like to have a childhood in Britain. She was not used to the difference. Not as used to it as her two friends were, who shared her country of origins. Though, they had moved here before meeting her, and they were both younger than her. After all, they were twins.

She nodded. "It is a change for me. But my family is very helpful." She said kindly. They were better with the change than she was. She hated speaking English, even though she was very good at it. It was more of, she didn't like the feeling of the language on her tonged. She wasn't too in touch with social opinions on status, only following how her Uncle and Aunt viewed things. They were her guides to the world.
    Frida was satisfied with that answer, but it still didn't tell her much about the first year or her life back in France. It was not polite to pry, she realized, so she wouldn't push the matter much further.

"Are you enjoying the Hogwarts? I'm not sure what classes are the norm back in France, but Hogwarts has a very interesting selection, if I do say so myself," she said with a teasing smile, hoping to get Miss Faucher-De Loncrey to return the grin.
    Luce did not realize that the older girl wanted to learn more about France, so had not described it. She did not see much of a reason to describe France, it didn't seem much different to her. Perhaps if she was older, she would notice more differences, but to her, now, a home was a home.

"It is quite delightful. I am eager to meet everyone, and make many friends. Sadly, two of my younger friends have a while before they will be joining this school. They are younger than I am, so I do miss them here. I am very excited for classes, and am eager to talk with my friends about what I learn." She said, happy to talk about her hopes and excitement of her new experience. Though hoping to send many letters to her Uncle and Aunt, she did wish to wait a bit, and have a good amount to describe before sending any letters.
    "You'll begin with basic classes like Charms and Transfiguration, but once you advance to third year you'll have many more to choose from. What sort of things interest you?" asked the Hufflepuff, wanting to further engage the younger girl. It was her duty to show kindness and be welcoming to the newer members of her house.
    Luce was overjoyed. Eager to make a new friend, her eyes sparkled with happiness. "I love animals. But I very much wish to be a proper young lady, just like my aunt." She said, glad at the thought of the woman who helped raise her. Imagining herself in a similar image of that woman felt like an honor and joy. She could think of no better future.
    Frida smiled gently. "There's no need to worry about that. The belief that Care of Magical Creatures is dirty seems to be an outdated one—I think the adults believe that any lady going into that class will come out prepared to travel the world as a magizoologist," she explained. "You should take whichever classes interest you most."
    The smile was a welcome one. So far, Luce felt quite welcomed in her new house. That was a big relief, given that this was such a change from being at home. At least she was allowed to bring her owl, which she was quite happy with. "That is good. Animals are so nice and beautiful at times. Learning more about them is something that sounds quite lovely." She stated joyfully.