Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    09.14 Witch Weekly needs more Wenches!
    09.10 Hags have hired!
    09.05 Hags are Hiring & Update your CML Entries
    09.04 Congratulations to Lynn and Bree for winning August's PW!
    09.02 The AC is underway, and the results are in for Camp Charming...
    09.01 September ahoy! A new school year, new skins, and elections!
    08.27 Upcoming AC and Wizengamot tweak
    08.21 So you want to be a Student Club President?
    08.08 We have two PW winners for July: Soph and Beanie!
    08.07 SWP7 update for those working/in Hogsmeade
    08.05 Hogwarts updates have begun! Also, the AC is underway.

Kyrie
    Private Thread 
    Priam had never been a religious man but in the past year, he had grown increasingly spiritual. He had been intrigued by eastern philosophies and beliefs and had 'adopted' some of them in a way that was likely offensive to the people stemming from those cultures. In his constant search for spiritual truth, Priam had heard of some Temperance Fairchild, a woman who preached that Christianity was more closely tied to magic than most seemed to believe. That was certainly a novel thought. Priam associated Christians with fire loving fanatics who wanted to burn the likes of him at the stake. Then again, their messiah had had abilities that no muggle could possibly have!

He was willing to learn more about it. 

Seeking spiritual answers was probably not the sort of thing he ought to prioritize with all that was happening with the Ministry these past two days and yet Priam had gone to Irvingly that afternoon. After asking for directions, he found the church and within it he found Temperance Fairchild.

"Mrs. Fairchild," Priam greeted. "I have heard a great deal about you. You see, all my life I thought that Christianity is my enemy but a friend of mine told me of your teachings and I was intrigued." 

@Temperance Fairchild
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Priam Lestrange's post:
       Philip Calendar
    [Image: 54ssyc.png]
    set by mj
    The muggles of Irvingly were a strange and unusual bunch. Respectable enough – she would hardly live anywhere if the general populace were less that upstanding – but it seemed no matter how many times they were told by those that knew better the correct vision of God was beyond them. Each week the sermon seemed to be less vigorous in its approach and Temperance was determined to seek out Mr Dursley before the true rot set it. It was a slippery slope from clumsy catechism to the flames of hell, but Mr Dursley was irritatingly absent.

Pottering around the church in the hope that he would appear Temperance looked up sharply when footsteps alerted her to someone else’s presence – only to feel a sense of disappointment when it wasn’t the reverend. Oh well, she would have to save that for another day.

“My teachings? Sir, I believe you mean to say the Lord’s teachings,” she replied with an arched eyebrow, assessing whether this man was worth her time. He was certainly a wizard – that much was obvious from his robes – and his interest in Christianity was promising: the more their kind knew about the correct way of the world the better! “But I am proud to be his voice on earth. How can I help you, Mister…?”
    [Image: tumblr_osdkzxmyu91qz68qko2_r1_500.png]
    formidable pretties by Nolan <3