Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    09.14 Witch Weekly needs more Wenches!
    09.10 Hags have hired!
    09.05 Hags are Hiring & Update your CML Entries
    09.04 Congratulations to Lynn and Bree for winning August's PW!
    09.02 The AC is underway, and the results are in for Camp Charming...
    09.01 September ahoy! A new school year, new skins, and elections!
    08.27 Upcoming AC and Wizengamot tweak
    08.21 So you want to be a Student Club President?
    08.08 We have two PW winners for July: Soph and Beanie!
    08.07 SWP7 update for those working/in Hogsmeade
    08.05 Hogwarts updates have begun! Also, the AC is underway.

Friend? Friend. I Like To Have Friends.
    Margaret smiled back. She listened as the girl talked. Then, started to frown as she asked what her blood status was. Oh, was this girl like that? The quick correction reassured her of Annabelle, but she did not like the idea of the girl's parents' views, if they were like that. "Well, if they have to know, I am from a fully magical family, all purebloods. Though, if I am to be honest, I can't see why others say it matters." She said lightly. She didn't want to hurt this girl's feelings, she really didn't. But she personally didn't mind people of other blood status. She truly felt it didn't matter.

Word Count: 52 | Tag: Margaret Rawlinson | Date: August 30, 1887

"Oh no, I don't care at all," she said with a dismissive wave. "To be completely honest, I was raised by muggles — remind me to tell you about that sometime! I don't hold any of my family's prejudices; perhaps it's why I'm always trying to escape them," she said with a half-smile.

Bella was publicly disowned on September 11, 1887 after running away from home and currently lives with Coraline Cattermole in Southampton.

Margaret looked at the girl with curiosity. Why was she raised by muggles? Especially when it seemed that her parents disliked them so much? It seemed rather odd to Margaret. But, she was not one to question it. That was not her business, and she knew it.

She was always sad to hear when someone did not like their family. But she didn't press on the matter, as it was probably a sensitive subject. "Well, my offer still stands, if you wish to spend time with me in London. Perhaps we can have tea, or spend time in some of the shops?" She said kindly.

@Annabelle Scrimgeour

Word Count: 52 | Date: August 30, 1887

"We could!" she agreed with a smile. She had no problem with doing anything that would keep her outside the family home for much longer. Her parents would likely have no issue with her spending time with a girl like Miss Rawlinson, anyways! She wondered what type of tea the girl liked.

Bella was publicly disowned on September 11, 1887 after running away from home and currently lives with Coraline Cattermole in Southampton.

Margaret smiled back. "Wonderful. When would you like to go for tea? I have quite an open schedule before school begins." She offered happily. She was very happy to get to spend time with others, especially ones from school, even if the girl before her had now debut.

Word Count: 76 | Date: August 30, 1887

"The Painted Lady is always the most obvious choice," she said, "but if you have somewhere you'd rather go, I will not argue," she finished with a smile. Oh how she wished to be returning to school, too! She wanted to wear her Gryffindor scarf and attend the quidditch matches while earning all those shiny house points! She wouldn't mind returning to herbology and potions class as well — at least her professors would encourage her interests!

Margaet thought about this. Perhaps that would be a nice place. She wasn't sure if she had been there before. "I don't think I have ever been there. Sound like it would be fun to try something new." She replied with joy. She wondered what it would be like to not have all of last years graduates join them for this coning year. She is so close in age to them, that it feels different than the other years, especially with her brother being one of them.

Word Count: 54 | Date: August 30, 1887

"You visit High Street, but you've never been to the Painted Lady?" she teased lightly, her body turning in the direction of the small tea shop. "It's only where all the ladies go for tea! Their pastries are almost as good at the ones at Fudge's in London," she explained, pointing towards the building.

Margaret couldn't help the embarrassment that she felt. Was it really such a popular place? Perhaps she hadn't visited Hogsmeade as much as she had thought? She didn't know. But she looked to where the fellow brunette was pointing. She was instantly curious. "Are you free right now? Perhaps you can show me around?" She suggested.